Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th December 2022, 20:02   #15376
BHPian

Re: The iPhone Thread

Can anyone please explain how to enable iMessage. I'm using Jio and Vodafone but everytime I'm trying to send a picture to a friend who is also using iPhone, a pop up message is saying MMS messaging needs to be enabled to send this message.
Old 8th December 2022, 21:21   #15377
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carpainter View Post
Can anyone please explain how to enable iMessage. I'm using Jio and Vodafone but everytime I'm trying to send a picture to a friend who is also using iPhone, a pop up message is saying MMS messaging needs to be enabled to send this message.
Settings -> Messages -> iMessage (Enable)
Old 8th December 2022, 23:27   #15378
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonfire View Post
Settings -> Messages -> iMessage (Enable)
It's already enabled sir. Can't figure where the problem is in settings or something.
Old 9th December 2022, 00:32   #15379
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
It's already enabled sir. Can't figure where the problem is in settings or something.
iOS falls back to MMS/SMS via your cell carrier if iMessage can't be used for some reason.

Check your iMesaage and SMS/MMS settings (both should be separate toggles within Messages settings), and have the recipient check on their device too.
Chetan_Rao is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th December 2022, 00:39   #15380
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Settings > iMessage > since it’s already enabled > scroll down > SMS/MMS > enable MMS messaging. This should solve your issue, perhaps the last option is not enabled which is why your phone is prompting you to do it.

Let us know if it solves your issue.

Cheers
Cyborg is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th December 2022, 07:00   #15381
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7000plusrpm View Post
So, couple of weeks back, I noticed the 512GB iPhone 13 mini was available on Flipkart for 77K with card offers. Tried to convince the resellers in Kolkata to match the price so I can exchange my current phone, but they denied.

Now, I have the 512GB 13 mini in alpine green in my pocket. Love the small form factor, seamless connectivity with the Mac and the Face ID. But hate the apple walls around me after so many years with Android, Siri, the lightning port and the battery backup.

Let's see how long this honeymoon period lasts.
The iPhone mini is truly lovely. I also LOVE its compact form factor. The deal you got at Rs 77K is excellent for a 512 GB. No doubt about it. I say this because I paid just a little less for the Blue Mini in 256gb a few months ago. I didn’t need that phone and still don’t really need it. But I love the form factor so I bought it.

I truly wish they had a Pro Mini like they have a Pro Max.

The thing is the camera on the Pro and Pro Max versions of the iPhone are way superior.
So I’m going to wait for iPhone 15 where the rumour is that we will get the USB C type charge port - this will help a lot. Since one will need to carry only one type of charger and cable across multiple devices.

Apple is addictive. I’m a fully paid-up, self-confessed, card-carrying, apple-device addict, if there indeed be such a thing!

Last edited by shankar.balan : 9th December 2022 at 07:02.
shankar.balan is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th December 2022, 07:53   #15382
Senior - BHPian

I am unable to connect my IPhone 14 plus to my Samsung TV (Android). Any leads ?
Old 9th December 2022, 10:05   #15383
BHPian

I have an iPhone 13 Pro Max. Why do our phones need a software update for 5g to work in India when it already works for me outside india ?
Old 9th December 2022, 10:47   #15384
BHPian

Question on UPI payments on IPhone linked to credit card

I understand GPAY does not have Add card option in IOS and it is only supported only in Android (link here)

Anyone using Phonepe on Iphone with their credit cards linked as source of payment, instead of bank account? Any way to use UPI with Credit card on Iphones?
Old 9th December 2022, 10:55   #15385
Senior - BHPian

Mid of December is approaching. Any info when will we get the 5g Update for IPhone?
Old 9th December 2022, 10:56   #15386
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by harry10 View Post
Mid of December is approaching. Any info when will we get the 5g Update for IPhone?
16.2 RC is just out, so on the 13th, or more likely 20th. Just Airtel and Jio, no news on Vi.
Old 9th December 2022, 16:58   #15387
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by concorde24 View Post
Question on UPI payments on IPhone linked to credit card
Is this inability to add card a restriction by Apple or is the app restricting it?
Even I would prefer to make all UPI payments with my Card linked instead of Bank Account.
Old 9th December 2022, 17:20   #15388
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruzbehxyz View Post
I am unable to connect my IPhone 14 plus to my Samsung TV (Android). Any leads ?
Usually Samsung TV's are loaded with Tizen OS. If it's tizen Os, then you can use Airplay for media viewing, provided both are connected to the same wifi network.
Old 10th December 2022, 00:39   #15389
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyborg View Post
Settings > iMessage > since it’s already enabled > scroll down > SMS/MMS > enable MMS messaging. This should solve your issue, perhaps the last option is not enabled which is why your phone is prompting you to do it.

Let us know if it solves your issue.

Cheers
Actually I don't have that SMS/MMS option to enable MMS in my device. Anyway, the problem has resolved automatically. Some kind of glitch may be. It's back to normal again.

Thanks to all for your quick tips.
Old 10th December 2022, 08:40   #15390
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harry10 View Post
Since iOS 16.2 Release candidate has been released, we can expect the public version to be released next week by 14th December.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks