Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd November 2022, 17:58   #15301
BHPian

Re: The iPhone Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by pedrolourenco View Post
I recently picked up an iPhone 14 Pro Max for my wife. I used the Move to iOS app. However since my eSIM was not ready I went ahead and set up the phone without transferring the WhatsApp chats.
I have gone through this process recently. What I did was I transferred WhatsApp using move to iOS app when I didn't have any SIM card in my phone. I did it while setting up the device using WiFi. After the transfer and set up I just installed WhatsApp from appstore and there it would ask to move chats from Android and it's done. All chats and media was transferred successfully. May be I'm lucky here cause I hear a lot of people are having trouble with this.
Carpainter is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd November 2022, 18:40   #15302
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brigadier View Post
Yeah, tried that too, nothing is working.
Try logging out and then logging back in on iCloud on your device. Sometimes it might be a stuck sync that can cause such issues.
Old 4th November 2022, 09:56   #15303
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carpainter View Post
I have gone through this process recently. What I did was I transferred WhatsApp using move to iOS app when I didn't have any SIM card in my phone. I did it while setting up the device using WiFi. After the transfer and set up I just installed WhatsApp from appstore and there it would ask to move chats from Android and it's done. All chats and media was transferred successfully. May be I'm lucky here cause I hear a lot of people are having trouble with this.
Thanks for the info. Anyway I already set up my wife's phone but I'll keep this in mind when I buy an iPhone for myself.
Old 4th November 2022, 12:58   #15304
BHPian

Quote:
I recently picked up an iPhone 14 Pro Max for my wife. I used the Move to iOS app. However since my eSIM was not ready I went ahead and set up the phone without transferring the WhatsApp chats. Move to iOS however did not transfer the Pictures and Videos. Once I got the eSims installed, I realised that there was no way to transfer the WhatsApp chats without resetting the phone. This is a real pain. Then a friend who was having the same problem went ahed and reset his phone and tried Move to iOS. It failed to transfer the chats. He did it thrice.
Another problem I am having is setting up WhatApp. WhatsApp Business got set up easily on the secondary number. However setting up the main number is proving to be a real pain. I decided to go ahead and not restore old chats. However I am not getting the OTP for the process. SMS is active on the number. Tried it twice with no luck. Besides every time I try to set up it ask me to wait for 11 hours before trying again. Why does Apple have to make everything so difficult? I know the fanboys will jump and say "It's for security". How doe making the process of setting up WhatsApp virtually impossible enhance security. Now my wife does not want to use the phone. Problem is I have converted her Airtel Sim (Secondary) to eSIM and her BSNL (Primary) number has been ported to Jio and converted to eSIM. This will mean converting back to physical sims. Also I will have to wait a while to change Jio back to BSNL.

I got mine from Amazon.

I missed to update, I was able to move all WhatsApp contents without any trouble using Move to iOS. In order to do it, I needed to reset my iPhone. Since it wasn't used I had no issues doing reset.

But yes, mandatory reset and "security" reasons are ridiculous. It's just because of Apple people don't say much, can't imagine if it was the case with Android .
Old 4th November 2022, 15:08   #15305
BHPian

Quote:
I got mine from Amazon.
Can you please share the link for me to review?

Last edited by sumathindra : 4th November 2022 at 15:09. Reason: edits
Old 5th November 2022, 08:52   #15306
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SideView View Post
Has anyone noticed that after ios16 update with the optimised battery charging enabled, the battery charges to max 98%? Or is it just me. For sure it used to charge to 100% prior to the update. (My battery is at 100% health but is a replacement battery not sure if that is impacting the software)
Happy to report, this is no more the case with ios16.1, charges to 100% always.

ios 16.1 is a from my side.
SideView is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th November 2022, 10:22   #15307
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumathindra View Post
Can you please share the link for me to review?
https://www.amazon.in/gp/product/B0B...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Old 9th November 2022, 10:48   #15308
Team-BHP Support

https://web.whatsapp.com/ keeps logging me out post updating to iOS 16.1, any fo you facing similar issue?

The web page or phone does not come up with 'Remember me' or any thing similar to be checked.
Old 9th November 2022, 11:25   #15309
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheel View Post
https://web.whatsapp.com/ keeps logging me out post updating to iOS 16.1, any fo you facing similar issue?

The web page or phone does not come up with 'Remember me' or any thing similar to be checked.
I think, this will be the case on IOS, because Apple seems to be resetting identifiers and not allowing cookies, which are needed to ensure your last login session data is saved.

This ensures, whatsapp/facebook cannot track you. And Apple has the good will for protecting your privacy.

The only solution are, Whatsapp should release an app for IPad or maybe if they could overcome the apple restrictions on chrome browser installed on IOS/IpadOs.
Mustang_Boss is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th November 2022, 21:54   #15310
BHPian

Please recommend a decent wired earbuds(other than from Apple) for iPhone 11 available on amazon/flipkart.
Old 10th November 2022, 12:36   #15311
Team-BHP Support

Most of the time, Apple always gets it right with the implementation of a new feature (or a perfectly honed version of an existing Android feature) on the iPhones. They even redefine a weakness into a strength – the nicely done Dynamic Island. But this 'brand new' feature on the iPhone 14 Pro models – Always on Display (AOD), feels slightly off. It just dims the screen, say like 10% brightness and that’s about it. Maybe it’s a matter of getting used to it, but I always feel like I have not locked the screen. The AOD on Samsung/Pixel feels much better and more subtle. On the plus side, I don’t see any noticeable difference in the battery backup with AOD on/off.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheel View Post
https://web.whatsapp.com/ keeps logging me out post updating to iOS 16.1, any of you facing similar issue?

The web page or phone does not come up with 'Remember me' or anything similar to be checked.
Not experienced such a problem. I hardly shut down the laptop and the WhatsApp session always remains active.
Old 10th November 2022, 13:10   #15312
Team-BHP Support

Installed iOS 16.2 Public beta 2 and now 5G is enabled on my iPhone 14 Pro. Mind you this is a beta OS release so do it at your own risk since some apps may misbehave. And right now at office and there is no 5G coverage to check I guess. Will try it once I reach home where hopefully I should have some coverage.

The iPhone Thread-img_1978.png
Jaggu is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 10th November 2022, 14:55   #15313
BANNED

I have a simple question: I have been using Android based smart phones all along, since Google Nexus. I want to go for IPhone 13/14 but wanted to know how suitable oor easy it is for person to switch from Android phone to Iphone environment. Some things which are indispensable are gmail, google maps, youtube, Gaana, more than a day battery back-up, and ease of installing/deleting apps, dualsim and good camera and clear phone calls with good network antenna.
I currently use OnePlus Nord2 on which I have no complaints.
Old 10th November 2022, 18:42   #15314
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by zaks View Post
I have a simple question: I have been using Android based smart phones all along, since Google Nexus. I want to go for IPhone 13/14 but wanted to know how suitable oor easy it is for person to switch from Android phone to Iphone environment.
It is as simple as setting up and start using the phone, all the apps you mentioned are supported and other requirements also are a match. From a Nord 2 iPhone 13/14 would be a good jump in performance overall. I would suggest go for the 14 itself if you don't change phones often since iPhones generally last long.
Jaggu is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th November 2022, 08:59   #15315
Senior - BHPian

I got the following offers from Sangeetha Mobiles:

iPhone 13 256 GB: Rs.76990/-
HDFC Card Offer: Rs.3000/-
OnePlus 7Pro 256 GB buyback: Rs.14000/-
Exchange Bonus: Rs.3000/-
Effective Price:Rs.56990/-

iPhone 13 256 GB: Rs.76990/-
HDFC Card Offer: Rs.3000/-
OnePlus 7Pro 256 GB buyback: Rs.4900/-
Exchange Bonus: Rs.2000/-
Effective Price:Rs.67090/-

The 128 GB version will be 10K cheaper and the 512 GB version will be 10K more.
pedrolourenco is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks