Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th April 2023, 14:29   #15601
Team-BHP Support

Re: The iPhone Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by deathwalkr View Post
My sister and her husband recently settled back in India (Bangalore) and their iPhones (13 mini and xs) are apparently getting hot a lot even with general usage. To a point where it even switches off.
Never had this issue with my 13 Mini. Probably good to get it checked at the Apple service.
vb-saan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th April 2023, 17:59   #15602
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dieseltuned View Post
The prices in the apple store in the city are more or less same as in India. You can try the duty free apple store at Changi. I got my iphone 14 from there and cost me a tad cheaper than India, i think about 6K cheaper.

Regards
Diesel
Thanks. Have already bought in Singapore Duty Free via the ishopchangi website. Prebooked and got a killer deal for the new 14 in Yellow at 62k.
s4ch is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th April 2023, 18:11   #15603
Senior - BHPian

If you are using Apple One subscription kindly help me with this.

Currently I am paying for icloud subscription for myself and wife separately.
Separate subscription for Apple tv+
Also using 3 months Apple music free subscription.

I am thinking of getting Apple one so I can get 200gb icloud space, Apple tv+ and Apple music at the same time. I plan to share this with wife under family plan.

My questions are-

Now out of 200gb how many wife will get?

Do I need to cancel current icloud subscription for Me and wife before subscribing to Apple one?

Thanks.
Old 2nd May 2023, 11:37   #15604
Distinguished - BHPian

I have been facing an issue with 2 of my iPhones. Both have WhatsApp installed (personal & business). The issue is that when I try to share a pdf file, and start typing the recipient's name in the WhatsApp search box, the dialog box closes as if it semi-crashed. I am not able to share the file eventually, however, if I choose a contact in the recently contacted list displayed under the search box, I am able to share the file. This is happening since last couple of months and I have tried updating WhatsApp but to no avail. The interesting this is that this is not phone specific as both my 6S and 12Mini are having the same issue.

Anyone facing a similar issue? Or any pointers to the solution?

Thanks.
Old 2nd May 2023, 13:23   #15605
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saket77 View Post
Yes, on my iPhone 13 Mini as well.

Also, I realized I might be having a faulty unit. 7 months old, battery health is at 94% and barely lasts 8 hours of on and off usage (taking photos, scrolling through whatsapp and instagram) without having to be charged, and on a recent trip where all others were iPhone users as well, I realised my face unlock works much slower than the other phones (iPhone 13 and 13 Mini). If I delete the face ID and try to set up a new one, it detects my face on and off and keeps cancelling the process due to which I have to spend over 10 mins just on this. I've been living with all this but not sure if I should pay a visit to the service center once.
boniver is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd May 2023, 13:27   #15606
BHPian

Quote:
With 13 mini, I don’t have this issue. FYI, i tried both sharing a pdf from Files app and from Whatsapp itself. No issues/crashes.

Whatsapp version : 2.23.8.78
iOS 16.4.1
carthick1000 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd May 2023, 14:43   #15607
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by boniver View Post
Yes, on my iPhone 13 Mini as well.

Also, I realized I might be having a faulty unit. 7 months old, battery health is at 94% and barely lasts 8 hours of on and off usage (taking photos, scrolling through whatsapp and instagram) without having to be charged, and on a recent trip where all others were iPhone users as well, I realised my face unlock works much slower than the other phones (iPhone 13 and 13 Mini). If I delete the face ID and try to set up a new one, it detects my face on and off and keeps cancelling the process due to which I have to spend over 10 mins just on this. I've been living with all this but not sure if I should pay a visit to the service center once.
Your back up seems pretty low, esp given you have the 13 mini. Mine is a 12mini and it gives me 2 days of back up easily. I charge it on alternate days. Face unlock is quick. I seem to have only this problem with my phone. And same issue with my 6S. I suggest you can try to wipe out entire phone and restore the entire iOS software through iTunes. It may help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by carthick1000 View Post
With 13 mini, I don’t have this issue. FYI, i tried both sharing a pdf from Files app and from Whatsapp itself. No issues/crashes.

Whatsapp version : 2.23.8.78
iOS 16.4.1
Thanks. The entire whatsapp doesn't crash- only the search dialog closes and returns to the previous screen. Trying to check settings else at last I may try to reinstall whatsapp as a last resort, but still not sure if that will solve my problem.

Thanks.
saket77 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd May 2023, 14:51   #15608
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
IAnyone facing a similar issue? Or any pointers to the solution?
Yep, I face this occasionally. I try sharing an image from the Photos folder to someone on WhatsApp and try attaching it, WhatsApp closes itself. Has been happening recently. Probably the latest update is to be blamed?
Gannu_1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd May 2023, 15:19   #15609
Team-BHP Support

Same here. Faced this issue last week for a couple of times.
Eddy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd May 2023, 15:27   #15610
BHPian

I am new to Apple ecosystem, picked up Iphone 14 two weeks ago and loving every second with it.

However i need to know if there is any way to disable the notifications for all apps. The issue is when i am on a call and i get a notification, the notification tone is heard clearly. I tried fiddling around and could not find any solutions.

Can someone guide me please?
Old 2nd May 2023, 15:43   #15611
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oppanna View Post
I am new to Apple ecosystem, picked up Iphone 14 two weeks ago and loving every second with it.

However i need to know if there is any way to disable the notifications for all apps. The issue is when i am on a call and i get a notification, the notification tone is heard clearly. I tried fiddling around and could not find any solutions.

Can someone guide me please?
Settings App> Notifications> Go to App for which you don't want the notification> Turn off 'Allow notifications'.
Trust this will help.
saket77 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd May 2023, 18:41   #15612
BHPian

Quote:
I have been facing an issue with 2 of my iPhones. Both have WhatsApp installed (personal & business). The issue is that when I try to share a pdf file, and start typing the recipient's name in the WhatsApp search box, the dialog box closes as if it semi-crashed. I am not able to share the file eventually, however, if I choose a contact in the recently contacted list displayed under the search box, I am able to share the file. This is happening since last couple of months and I have tried updating WhatsApp but to no avail. The interesting this is that this is not phone specific as both my 6S and 12Mini are having the same issue.

Thanks.
Well this is not limited to PDFs only. It happens to simple pictures as well. Earlier I was able to type the recipients name and send it and was super convenient. Now it does not do it, one has to pick the contact which is quite "not happenning". I have an iphone 13. I guess its something to do with the IOS update.
sumathindra is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd May 2023, 21:52   #15613
Team-BHP Support

Calls weren’t coming through post this update and they were being routed / forwarded to my other phone, hence removed this. Any similar experiences?
Attached Thumbnails
The iPhone Thread-img_2339.png  

Sheel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd May 2023, 22:07   #15614
Distinguished - BHPian

I wonder how a company can release a software that works on their own devices only and yet have frequent bugs. They must have a great QC team. Their hardware equipment and software design have been excellent but let down by bugged releases at times.

On the other hand, Android release is used across a variety of devices and even modified further by companies for their device family. Yet we don't see severe bugs such a call drops, etc.
Old 2nd May 2023, 23:18   #15615
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheel View Post
Calls weren’t coming through post this update and they were being routed / forwarded to my other phone, hence removed this. Any similar experiences?
Nope. Working fine after the security response update.
DRIV3R is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks