Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th June 2008, 09:03   #601
BHPian

There's a front page advertisement on today's TOI(Delhi) from Vodafone that the iPhone is coming soon.

The ridiculous part being that they have already started bookings!! Just imagine, now you will have to book and wait for your phone to be allocated. All this hype that vodafone is creating gives me a hint that the price is going to be on the higher side atleast to start with.
Old 25th June 2008, 09:15   #602
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
Wooah please give some more details of these news sources also, airtel news.
Jaggu, if possible contact an Airtel/Vodafone dealer. My info is third hand, and the original source is believed to be an Airtel dealer. cheers:
He says he received brochures with iPhone and some 999 thingy
Old 25th June 2008, 10:09   #603
BANNED

greedy vodafone has started taking bookings. so for that rs3. per sms i wonder how many people will book it. oh well in that case i just booked 2.
Old 25th June 2008, 10:24   #604
IMP
BHPian

The front page of TOI Pune edition also has the iPhone advert. I feel, Vodafone is just evaluating the response for the iPhone here in India. India is not on the list of countries where the iPhone will be launched on 11th July.
Old 25th June 2008, 10:26   #605
BANNED

Book without knowing the price? This is heights !!!
Old 25th June 2008, 11:09   #606
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IMP View Post
The front page of TOI Pune edition also has the iPhone advert. I feel, Vodafone is just evaluating the response for the iPhone here in India. India is not on the list of countries where the iPhone will be launched on 11th July.
That is true. But also note that the July 11 date is for iPhone3G launch. Airtel and Vodafone might be selling the older models to the first customers. Their reasoning might be that India has no 3G network.
Please check before you book
Old 25th June 2008, 11:12   #607
Team-BHP Support

Bangalore TOI has the add too, Rs 3 per sms lol.

Still am not sure July 11th will happen for India. If it happens then my wifee is in big trouble, coz its my birthdate!!

Regarding Airtle no news confirmed on dates, price or plans, they only know its being launched. I will recheck this weekend.
Old 25th June 2008, 11:30   #608
Senior - BHPian

And it's the 3G phone! Wonders of wonders!
Old 25th June 2008, 11:47   #609
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by srijit View Post
That is true. But also note that the July 11 date is for iPhone3G launch. Airtel and Vodafone might be selling the older models to the first customers. Their reasoning might be that India has no 3G network.
Please check before you book
The advertisement has the picture of a 3G iPhone, it also has iPhone 3G logo.
Attached Thumbnails
The iPhone Thread-getimage.png  

Old 25th June 2008, 12:31   #610
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by revved_up View Post
The advertisement has the picture of a 3G iPhone, it also has iPhone 3G logo.
That is true. My info was from a friend of an Airtel dealer. They had a release date of July 4th, and some mention of a 999 plan. If the release date is true then Airtel wont be releasing the iPhone3G in the beginning, cos worldwide iPhone 3G release is July 11th. They might be talking about bookings or even selling the old gen iPhone on July 4th. Problem is, I dont know any Airtel dealers, so that I can confirm.

Last edited by srijit : 25th June 2008 at 12:33.
Old 25th June 2008, 14:04   #611
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by srijit View Post
That is true. My info was from a friend of an Airtel dealer. They had a release date of July 4th, and some mention of a 999 plan. If the release date is true then Airtel wont be releasing the iPhone3G in the beginning, cos worldwide iPhone 3G release is July 11th. They might be talking about bookings or even selling the old gen iPhone on July 4th. Problem is, I dont know any Airtel dealers, so that I can confirm.

WOAAAAHHHHH!!!!!! lovely if it's going to launch in india !!I would shift to vodafone from airtel for sure, and that too on the first day of the launch !!

May be Vodafone can launch it on 11th july but not airtel for sure!
But i doubt one thing that is that 3g on 11th july or is it just a marketing startegy to hike the iphone fever in india early !!

Well whether it's 3g or 2g i don't care but if it's launching on 11th july , i will be waiting for 3g to launch (which i assume will be launching soon because india will consume 2g very faster rate)

I used 2g and it worked like a charm and i will be waiting for my 3g too

Cheers INDIA cheers:cheers:
Old 25th June 2008, 14:26   #612
Team-BHP Support

All this talk about 3G is nice, meanwhile I don't even get Edge anymore. I used to get Edge early last year, but I am left with stinky low end GPRS. I hear Srilanka already has 3.5G service.

Therefore, I am not really looking forward to 3G iPhone. However, I do have an interest in it regarding the much talked about SDK.
Old 25th June 2008, 18:12   #613
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by smokin View Post
or is it just a marketing startegy to hike the iphone fever in india early !!
I think its a marketing gimmick too, to create more hype on the oh-so-popular iPhone ! It's just another way to make the greens$$ flow in by capitalizing on the hype @ Rs.3 per SMS !

I checked with my Vodafone relationship manager who handles our corporate account at vodafone and he too was clueless. He said the marketing team has just put the ad no one has any clue on the iPhone launch/price,etc... they will be holding a seminar for the staff this week so will get the low-down then.

This ad is going to have an impact on the current iPhone resale I need to get rid of mine before i buy the 3g.

I wonder how much 3g data plans would cost in India... currently i pay 500rs for 500mb of Edge, 3g would be double?

I hope Vodafone is not going to lock this like AT&T

Last edited by Sahil : 25th June 2008 at 18:18.
Old 25th June 2008, 19:21   #614
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahil View Post
I think its a marketing gimmick too, to create more hype on the oh-so-popular iPhone ! It's just another way to make the greens$$ flow in by capitalizing on the hype @ Rs.3 per SMS !

I checked with my Vodafone relationship manager who handles our corporate account at vodafone and he too was clueless. He said the marketing team has just put the ad no one has any clue on the iPhone launch/price,etc... they will be holding a seminar for the staff this week so will get the low-down then.

This ad is going to have an impact on the current iPhone resale I need to get rid of mine before i buy the 3g.

I wonder how much 3g data plans would cost in India... currently i pay 500rs for 500mb of Edge, 3g would be double?

i just paid 9 bucks to those greedy idiots
Old 25th June 2008, 19:29   #615
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahil View Post

Kerala Airtel has got EDGE plans for Rs.274 per month, unlimted data. That is what I use

It will be locked. No doubt about that. If on the offchance you can get it unlocked officially, then expect to pay around 23-30K. Otherwise Airtel and Vodafone might subsidize the cost of the phone with their new plans.

Last edited by srijit : 25th June 2008 at 19:31.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks