Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd June 2010, 17:41   #2101
BHPian

I have an airtel sim and I'm using the iPhone 3g with 4.0 jailbroken + unlocked.

I just restored my phone from itunes to the latest baseband+firmware and then let redsnow do its thing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyingspur View Post
I'm guessing you mean un-unlockable? Yes, no carrier unlock yet for that (info courtesy Tejas).

ultrasn0w 0.93 unlocks it. Cydia repo is repo666.ultrasn0w.com. Works with basebands 04.26.08 thru 05.13.04

Last edited by holysmoke : 22nd June 2010 at 17:45.
Old 22nd June 2010, 17:46   #2102
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by holysmoke View Post
I have an airtel sim and I'm using the iPhone 3g with 4.0 jailbroken + unlocked.

I just restored my phone from itunes to the latest baseband+firmware and then let redsnow do its thing.
Was it on 3.1.3 firmware and baseband 5.12.1 before. It seems the unlock for 3g is out, but not yet for 3gs for 4.0 firmware.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nandishpal View Post
yeah!!i used spirit to jailbreak it.i followed the same steps that were given on the website.i used wi fi.
Oh yeah, can use wi fi. Yours iphone is 3gs right.

Last edited by hemanthisgreat : 22nd June 2010 at 17:53.
Old 22nd June 2010, 17:47   #2103
BHPian

yeah!!i used spirit to jailbreak it.i followed the same steps that were given on the website.i used wi fi.
Quote:
Originally Posted by hemanthisgreat View Post
Did you use spirit to jailbreak.

Did you follow the exact steps mentioned in your link to unlock it. How were you able to connect to the net and download ultrasnow.
Old 22nd June 2010, 18:01   #2104
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nandishpal View Post
good news guys i unlocked my iphone 3gs 32gb after 6 months which was updated to 3.1.3 with modem firmware of 5.12.01
i am so happy about it.

check this link & update your phone.
iClarified - iPhone - How to Unlock the iPhone 3G, 3GS Using UltraSn0w
its says just for ios 4.0 but worked for me on 3.1.3

dont go by dev blog.go ahead with the iclarified website
The link isnt opening mate. My iphone 3GS in stuck at "connect to itunes" and is on baseband 5.12.01 and firmware 3.13. Can you please list down the steps you did to unlock.

Also can I jailbreak my locked iphone 3gs on firmware 3.1.3 and baseband 5.12.01 through spirit.

Waiting for your response.
Thanks

Last edited by extreme_torque : 22nd June 2010 at 18:06.
Old 22nd June 2010, 18:25   #2105
Senior - BHPian

This link says that I can use spirit to jailbreak only if it is activated by iTunes.

Download Spirit to Jailbreak iPhone 3.1.3, iPad 3.2, iPod touch 3G | Redmond Pie

Can someone take me out of all this mess.
Old 23rd June 2010, 10:48   #2106
Senior - BHPian

No replies guys! Busy enjoying your iphones too much? :P

The problem I am looking at is how do I jailbreak my 3.1.3 iphone 3gs using Spirit? Spirit says that I need an activated iphone to jailbreak. Can it be done using an official sim inside? If yes then I think I should start looking for an official AT&T sim to unlock.

Man I am so so stuck. The dev team isnt of much help either.

Last edited by extreme_torque : 23rd June 2010 at 10:52.
Old 26th June 2010, 01:47   #2107
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by extreme_torque View Post
No replies guys! Busy enjoying your iphones too much? :P

The problem I am looking at is how do I jailbreak my 3.1.3 iphone 3gs using Spirit? Spirit says that I need an activated iphone to jailbreak. Can it be done using an official sim inside? If yes then I think I should start looking for an official AT&T sim to unlock.

Man I am so so stuck. The dev team isnt of much help either.
Even i,m stuck with the same problem. You need a AT&T active SIM card to activate your phone & later you can jailbreak & unlock it on whichever OS you want . In my case i found a shop nearby who got this SIM so mostly ill get it done from him. Hope it helps.
Old 26th June 2010, 02:14   #2108
BHPian

You do not necessarily need an AT&T sim. It depends on what is the "official carrier" of your iphone. This depends on your model number thats either present on your iPhone Box, or download the latest version of TinyUmbrella from their website and connect your 3GS on it.. it will say whats your exact model number.
Once you get that, you can google to find whats the official carrier for that model. There are a couple of forums that has an entire list of them along with model codes.
I found out mine corresponds to O2 from UK or Ireland... I ordered a sim online and will get it in a few days; will let you know if it works.

BTW, i tried AT&T sim too thinking its going to magically work... but nope!! No Luck.

I came to know this recently from some help on the dev team website. Here are some more useful info--

- The unlock released for 3.1.3 and 4.0 are only for previously jailbroken and activated phones. They always forget to mention "activated" because its assumed that you had it activated either through itunes or custom firmware for it to run and jailbreak. And activations without a custom firmware can only happen if you are having an official sim and that is what I am going to find out soon. All fingers crossed!
- Custom firmwares will not work if your phone wasn't jailbroken or hactivated at that time of restore.

There is hope for people on the old bootroom though. Easiest way to find this out is
- Take out the Sim Tray and the sim
- You will find tiny numbers etched on the sim tray. One is the Serial num and the other is the IMEI number I think
- Your 3 digit should be a 9 and the 4th and 5th digit should be less than 40.
For ex: if your fourth digit is 4 and 5th is 9, that means 49>40...so new boot room 593.3.2. Old boot room version is 593.

So in short... the BIG solution that was promised would not help most of the 3Gs 3.1.3 5.12.01 baseband on the new bootroom and we are still left hanging with a 35k piece of tech brick!!! You can try but most likely you would just end up getting a 1600 series error code during restore!

Tsk Tsk!!

Last edited by jocreative : 26th June 2010 at 02:17.
Old 26th June 2010, 04:36   #2109
Senior - BHPian

iphone 4 Bug

1.5 million sold on day one that good news for Apple however not good for Apple fans.

New Apple owners are are complaining... What ! The iphone 4 antenna bands is causing reception issues like signal dropping, loosing signal depending on how you hold the phone.

So the new Apple toy is does every thing well other than the phone part.

Apple has suggested some RIGHT ways to hold the phone as a fix, however an ugly Plastic bumper is a better fix.
Old 26th June 2010, 08:43   #2110
BHPian

Yep heard about that one too. Guess placing the antennae on the outside was not a good design choice after all!!
Other articles say that they are ruling it out as a software issue than a hardware problem.. so they would just release another patch update and get it fixed in the future OS releases! Typical Apple =)
Old 26th June 2010, 14:42   #2111
BHPian

hi all

yesterday got my iphone 4 (32GB) sim free from apple store.

Initial Impressions:
Brilliant display
excellent camera and video recording
Speaker sound a bit louder now
Phone is very very fast with the new A4 processor

Regarding Signal Drop issue:
i have not installed any bumper case as of now and tried to replicate the issue by holding bottom part in my palm,but its hardly there.

some unboxing pics
Attached Thumbnails
The iPhone Thread-dscn1359.jpg_s.jpg  

The iPhone Thread-dscn1360.jpg_s.jpg  

The iPhone Thread-dscn1366.jpg_s.jpg  

The iPhone Thread-dscn1367.jpg_s.jpg  

The iPhone Thread-dscn1369.jpg_s.jpg  

The iPhone Thread-dscn1370.jpg_s.jpg  

Attached Images

Old 26th June 2010, 16:11   #2112
BHPian

Would these sim free phones in UK work in India with any GSM operator ? The iphone 4 should be in India by September or so, but dont know if they would continue to be tied to the previous Airtel/Vodafone providers.

Going by 600 GBP price in UK, we seriously need subsidy for this Rs 42k phone, if not higher. I was hoping that introduction of 3G would boost the sales of these phones, but with 3G auction ending so costly I am waiting to see what would be the pricing of the plans.
Old 27th June 2010, 14:33   #2113
Senior - BHPian

I am getting a sim free I phone 4 from Apple UK. Yes they do work in India - infact any I phone bought by an Apple store anywhere in the world works with any sim GSM.

Its unlocked. Cost about 500 quid or roughly around 35k.

The cheapest here in India is about 40k.
Old 27th June 2010, 15:38   #2114
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vkochar View Post
I am getting a sim free I phone 4 from Apple UK. Yes they do work in India - infact any I phone bought by an Apple store anywhere in the world works with any sim GSM.

Its unlocked. Cost about 500 quid or roughly around 35k.

The cheapest here in India is about 40k.
Earlier version used to work but iPhone 4 needs microsim and I am not sure whether any service provider in India provides micro sim or not. Though I am sure there might be converter for it
Old 27th June 2010, 16:10   #2115
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by erohit View Post
Earlier version used to work but iPhone 4 needs microsim and I am not sure whether any service provider in India provides micro sim or not. Though I am sure there might be converter for it
You can use scissor to cut regular sim to microsim. a very easy task and people have done it like that. not a official way, but works the other way round.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks