Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd October 2011, 07:48   #3601
BHPian

Re: The iPhone Thread: Update iOS 5 announced!

Quote:
Originally Posted by navan49 View Post
We have the facility of down load through itunes store. But it is a must to register the credit card. I have apple id but itunes is not accepting with out CC. I have a strong principle to use only debit card and not credit card. I can do net banking. But this apple's policy prevails me to use their services at least they can allow us to use net banking when ever required.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mohit333 View Post
I would suggest u remove your CC details. The workaround for this is before registering for iTunes go to the app store and select any free app and try downloading. It will ask u to register for iTunes but the input fields for the CC details won't appear and u can continue just like that. :-)
Have quoted my earlier reply to a similar query. Hope this helps!
Old 3rd October 2011, 21:34   #3602
Senior - BHPian

I don't know how did I register. But I registered and have the apple ID. Once again I will look for my profile and see what is CC.Thanks for all you guys for helping to make me use my Iphone up to its capacity.
Old 4th October 2011, 21:50   #3603
Senior - BHPian

Dhan-Te-Nan!!!

Just 40 mins to go for unveiling of new iphone. May be called iphone 4s or iphone 5. I hope it has 4 inch screen, faster processor and 8mp camera atleast.

And they fix the antenna issue. Don't flame me, but i have experienced it the most.
Old 5th October 2011, 00:13   #3604
Team-BHP Support

Lol I told you so. It's just 4S but Siri is too good! Will it work on 4?
Apple's 'Let's Talk iPhone' keynote liveblog! -- Engadget
Old 5th October 2011, 00:15   #3605
BHPian

Its just the iPhone 4S. Better camera, 1080p video and much better processor and graphics. What else is needed??

Themuch takked about Siri assistant. WOW!!! One word, amazing. It is just like a personal assistant and should work without flaws. More languages to be added.

Preorders start from 7th and ships from 28th. This time too, no sign of an Indian launch.

Prices remain the same as the iP4 with 2 yrs contract.

IPhone 3gs is now free on the 8gb with carriers.
Old 5th October 2011, 00:17   #3606
Senior - BHPian

No iPhone 5, Time For The iPhone 4S!

Apple just announced the iPhone 4S on stage in Cupertino. The new iPhone 4S will be a CDMA/GSM device capable of HSPA+ speeds of up to 14.4Mbps. It'll also pack a new A5 processor, which Apple promises will deliver 7x the graphics performance compared to the previous iPhone. The iPhone 4S's camera has been bumped to 8 megapixels, up from the 5-megapixel shooter found on the iPhone 4. As for video capture, the iPhone 4S's new shooter will be capable of recording clips at 1080p. iPhone 4S will be available in black or white, and customers can choose either a 16GB model for $199 on-contract, 32GB for $299, or a 64GB version for $399 with a two-year contract. As for carriers? Expect the 4S to be available on AT&T, Verizon, and yes, Sprint. Pre-orders for the iPhone 4S start on October 7th, and the device will be launching on October 14th. Apple also announced an 8GB iPhone 4 that'll be priced at $99 with a two-year commitment. Interestingly, the iPhone 3GS will also be sticking around, receiving a price tag of $0 (that's free) on-contract.

After introducing the iPhone 4S, Apple took the wraps off of Siri, the voice command system that we first heard about last month. Holding down your device's home button will bring Siri up, after which you can ask it things like "Do I need a raincoat today?" or "What's the definition of cheese?" and it'll return an answer. Siri can also do things like schedule appointments in your calendar, look up restaurant information, and set alarms. Siri can be used over Wi-Fi or 3G, but will only be available to the iPhone 4S.

Alongside the new iPhone 4S, Apple also took the time to introduce some minor changes to the iPod touch line. Not only will the iPod touch now be available in both white and black, but the lineup of devices will also be receiving a price cut: customers can choose an 8GB model for $199, 32GB for $299, or 64GB for $399. Expect those to hit October 12th.

http://www.phonedog.com/2011/10/04/i...nced-by-apple/

Last edited by ashwin.terminat : 5th October 2011 at 00:25.
ashwin.terminat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th October 2011, 00:41   #3607
BHPian

Re: No iPhone 5, Time For The iPhone 4S!

no iphone 5??? people have been making prototypes for it.. Extremely disappointed.
Old 5th October 2011, 01:03   #3608
BHPian

I was waiting for a newer version.

We have advanced processor, camera, graphics but no cosmetic change or some other new features, moreover iphone 4 will be cheaper now. Guys, shall i go for iphone 4 over iphone 4s or drop the idea of the iphone till the next launch?

Ravi
Old 5th October 2011, 01:18   #3609
BHPian

And India still doesnt figure in any of their "world" launch plans.

We get it Apple, India isnt important to you.

Last edited by sids911 : 5th October 2011 at 01:21.
Old 5th October 2011, 02:20   #3610
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
Lol I told you so. It's just 4S but Siri is too good! Will it work on 4?
Nope. 4S only feature.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dre@ms View Post
Its just the iPhone 4S. Better camera, 1080p video and much better processor and graphics. What else is needed??
Most people are complaining that the design is the same. However there is a big difference in the internals, but however one thing I would have loved to have is a bigger screen!
Old 5th October 2011, 03:36   #3611
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gopz View Post
Most people are complaining that the design is the same. However there is a big difference in the internals, but however one thing I would have loved to have is a bigger screen!
I am underwhelmed by the launch. I was expecting better exterior design with bigger screen and better hspa+ or LTE for USA. HSPA+ is only 14 mbps while SGS2 already has 21mbps. Only redeeming feature is Siri. Everything else is like playing catch up to new phones.

So finally they did manage to fix antenna. Hopefully drop calls will be very few. My iphone 4 was one of those problematic ones and i know how disturbing it was when calls drop in between conversation.

But this will sell a lot and is an excellent upgrade for 3G and 3GS owners.

I hope to see Srini when someone jailbreaks it and integrates with ios5
Old 5th October 2011, 08:11   #3612
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chevelle View Post
I hope to see Srini when someone jailbreaks it and integrates with ios5
Is Srini- Indian version of Siri Just kidding.
India is nowhere in the list again. Too disappointing. Guess Samsungs are the way to go.
Old 5th October 2011, 08:22   #3613
BHPian

Frankly i'm disappointed.all they did was bring some of the hardware up to date with the competition and the only "innovation" seems to be siri.which i predict will go haywire when it is exposed to various accents
Old 5th October 2011, 08:37   #3614
Senior - BHPian

One word to describe it. Underwhelmed.
Old 5th October 2011, 09:07   #3615
Senior - BHPian

Well the statement by the Amazon Ceo holds: There are two types of companies: those that work hard to charge customers more, and those that work hard to charge customers less. Both approaches can work. We are firmly in the second camp.

Apple is firmly in the First Camp!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks