Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th October 2011, 21:04   #3676
Team-BHP Support

re: The iPhone Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by iliketurtles View Post
I find iMessage to be quite nice, but anyone saying it's a BBM killer is wrong. One of the best parts of BBM is group chat, which iMessage doesn't support. And even though iMessage is superbly integrated into the Messages section, it doesn't by default show read/delivery reports. Another point there to BBM.
I think group chat is possible, coz it can add multiple recipients, though i did not try chatting with more than one person till now. And its showing delivery messages are seen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by extreme_torque View Post
Guys,

Any updates on the performance of iOS 5 on iPhone 3GS. I don't want to upgrade and then stuck in a situation like it happened with iOS 4 on iPhone 3G.
Reports say its improved.

iClarified - Apple News - iOS 5 Brings Significant Performance Improvements [Benchmarks]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Technocrat View Post
I updated iTunes & installed IOS 5 on my iPad but strangely it didn't reinstall my apps & its not syncing with my PC when plugged in(to wall charger) to charge. Any idea what's wrong.

The UI looks slightly different & I like the 4 finger swipe
Quote:
Looks like Apple did screw up on this one, lot of folks are reporting sync issues
=======
Would have to spend lot of time installing stuff all over again.
Just goto diff tabs like apps, pics, song etc and check the box on top and it will sync back at next sync. I think issue happened if you activate icloud before the first sync, just a guess.
Old 13th October 2011, 21:16   #3677
Senior - BHPian

Jaggu, I simply followed the instructions & followed every step.

How will I activate icloud before syncing?

The pics & songs are there, its just the apps.

Also which check box are you referring to? I dont see any in apps folder in itunes.

Another point did you upgrade using a mac? I am on win7 with itunes 64 bit version.
Old 13th October 2011, 21:39   #3678
Senior - BHPian

Yup, just tried a group message session on iMessage, seemed to work seamlessly. Nice! One more point for Apple.
Old 13th October 2011, 22:44   #3679
Senior - BHPian

iliketurtles,I down loaded the skype and can see the icon in settings. Once I open skype icon I see only sign in automatically, Go offline never, Notifications sound and alert on version Bundle . only this much I can see. I looked every where to call some one I did not find any option.
Old 13th October 2011, 23:28   #3680
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Jaggu, I simply followed the instructions & followed every step.

How will I activate icloud before syncing?

The pics & songs are there, its just the apps.

Also which check box are you referring to? I dont see any in apps folder in itunes.

Another point did you upgrade using a mac? I am on win7 with itunes 64 bit version.
If you set up the phone before syncing, iOS 5 allows this like a regular mobile you can set up iCloud.

Referring to this.
The iPhone Thread-itunesapp.jpg

Yes iPhone 4 and iPad 2 on MBP and iPad 1 with Win XP upgrade.

Quote:
Originally Posted by navan49 View Post
iliketurtles,I down loaded the skype and can see the icon in settings. Once I open skype icon I see only sign in automatically, Go offline never, Notifications sound and alert on version Bundle . only this much I can see. I looked every where to call some one I did not find any option.
Can you see tabs at the bottom of the screen, that will give you various option to call.
Old 14th October 2011, 00:51   #3681
Senior - BHPian

Aha I almost forgot about this option, will try it out once am back home, Thanks Jaggu
Old 14th October 2011, 09:46   #3682
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aks_karthik View Post
Updated safari is not present except Reading List.
No idea how to get it in iPhone4 with " Reader Icon in URL " used for Clutter free reading.
Reader Icon has come in some of the web sites.
I don't know how it works.
Guys, If you know something, Please post here.
Old 14th October 2011, 10:06   #3683
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePunter View Post
Keen to know:
If any one here did the upgrade with a Gevey inside. I read it is not yet possible, :-(, and would have to wait
Have a look at the link Unlock iPhone 4 With Gevey SIM On iOS 5, this will help you to do a tethered jailbreak of your iPhone4.
Old 14th October 2011, 11:19   #3684
Senior - BHPian

Thank you members. Finally I could configure the skype.It was there after down load and the icon was hidden on the right side of the other icon.When I slide d the other icons to left I found and dragged all below the others. I did Skype test it did well but video is not tested.I use it with wi fi connection only.It is true if we explore apple store we can find lots of Free soft wares. I am lucky with 32Gb.Here is the screen shot The iPhone Thread-img_0430.png
Old 14th October 2011, 11:35   #3685
BHPian

Quote:
Reader Icon has come in some of the web sites.
I don't know how it works.
Guys, If you know something, Please post here.
Here are a couple of links that might help you:

How To: iOS 5 Safari Reader And Reading List -- AppAdvice

However, to put in short, if you are reading an article, tap on the Reader icon to see a readable version of the article.

On the other hand, the Reading List is for emulating the "ReadItLater" or "Instapaper" apps. You can mark an article for reading later and the article will be synced across all your iOS devices.
Old 14th October 2011, 11:59   #3686
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nileshch View Post
Here are a couple of links that might help you:

How To: iOS 5 Safari Reader And Reading List -- AppAdvice

[iOS 5 beta] Safari browser and Safari Reader - YouTube

However, to put in short, if you are reading an article, tap on the Reader icon to see a readable version of the article.

On the other hand, the Reading List is for emulating the "ReadItLater" or "Instapaper" apps. You can mark an article for reading later and the article will be synced across all your iOS devices.
Hey Thanx, But i am looking for clutter free reading of the web pages as shown in this link. Apple - iOS 5 - See new features included in iOS 5.
is it possible in iPhone4? I think it's possible. Need to check with Picture site. I tried with wordpress before.
Again Reader Icon not comes with all web sites and there's might be some limitation for the sites to be shown with Reader Icon in the URL Tab.
In Android Mobiles. If you pinch and zoom, the contents are resized and clutter free. seems, it won't possible in iOS5.

Last edited by aks_karthik : 14th October 2011 at 12:04.
Old 14th October 2011, 12:11   #3687
BHPian

Quote:
Hey Thanx, But i am looking for clutter free reading of the web pages as shown in this link. Apple - iOS 5 - See new features included in iOS 5.
That is what I was talking about. The "Reader" feature.

Quote:
is it possible in iPhone4? I think it's possible. Need to check with Picture site. I tried with wordpress before.
The "Reader" feature will work on any iOS device running iOS5.

Quote:
Again Reader Icon not comes with all web sites and there's might be some limitation for the sites to be shown with Reader Icon in the URL Tab.
Reader icon only appears on web pages which have a lot of textual content, for example, blogs and news sites. It makes sense to have it only on these websites.

Quote:
In Android Mobiles. If you pinch and zoom, the contents are resized and clutter free. seems, it won't possible in iOS5.
You can pinch and zoom even in Safari.
Old 14th October 2011, 12:19   #3688
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nileshch View Post
You can pinch and zoom even in Safari.
seems , you misinterpreted.
I know, Safari has Pinch and Zoom , But Android do some more as if you zoom the page is clutter free and we can still read all contents without horizontal scrolling.
Everything will be aligned vertically as what happen if we click Reader Icon in iOS.
Have you tried it in Andorid mobiles especially HTC Desire S.
Old 14th October 2011, 23:24   #3689
Senior - BHPian

I had to move my Skype wifi to trash. The reason to do so was in India it works with TATA connectivity only. I am having my BSNL. SO it is of no use for me.Skype and face book are working fine.Using maps and GPS on roaming is very expensive.Video skype works as good as Laptop desktop with speaker phone.
Old 15th October 2011, 20:41   #3690
BHPian

Hi all,

I updated to 'ios 5' a couple of days ago. However, after the update, my iPod has reset ie., it is asking me to connect to iTunes. The trouble is iTunes is not recognizing the device (the iTunes and USB cable screen continue to appear). I've tried everything in the book but in vain.

Has anyone faced similar issues after the update? Please let me know the solution if so.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks