Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th October 2011, 21:18   #3691
Senior - BHPian

re: The iPhone Thread

I wanted to upload some photos taken in iphone4 to teambhp thread. Seems all the photos are above 1 Mb. I tried to edit and reduce the size But cropping and 2x3 iphone size but it did not work. Now I need guidance in how to reduce the size or make it to less than 1MB size. Please suggest
Old 15th October 2011, 21:28   #3692
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by navan49 View Post
I wanted to upload some photos taken in iphone4 to teambhp thread. Seems all the photos are above 1 Mb. I tried to edit and reduce the size But cropping and 2x3 iphone size but it did not work. Now I need guidance in how to reduce the size or make it to less than 1MB size. Please suggest
Actual size of image from your phone is 14 MB. Suggest you download the pictures on your computer and resize them with your software before uploading.
Old 15th October 2011, 21:30   #3693
Senior - BHPian

Rudra Sen, Thanks for the suggestion. I did so by downloading to my IMAC and tried to down size and I failed. Any one to suggest how to resize with iphoto in imac
Old 15th October 2011, 23:31   #3694
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by tejus.s
Hi all,

I updated to 'ios 5' a couple of days ago. However, after the update, my iPod has reset ie., it is asking me to connect to iTunes. The trouble is iTunes is not recognizing the device (the iTunes and USB cable screen continue to appear). I've tried everything in the book but in vain.

Has anyone faced similar issues after the update? Please let me know the solution if so.

I may be able to help you.

First on the bottom right of your windows laptop screen, you will see a notification for some issues that are unresolved in a windows icon. Resolve them and then try the update and should be good to go.
Old 16th October 2011, 01:03   #3695
Senior - BHPian

Finally upgraded to IOS 5 from 4.3.5 yesterday night with the Gevey in and working as well, was a long process and took the whole night to do everything.

Had to preserve the baseband to 04.10.01 (for gevey)with a custom IPSW and then upgrade to IOS 5 with Redsnow and then finally jailbreak it using Redsnow and get the Gevey working.

After all of it my gevey didnt work but thanks to a soul over internet i did the procedure as told by him and its up and running now.

IOS 5 on a iphone 16gb from US locked to AT&T and using Gevey pro in India wih Airtel, there is so much more advantage of a factory unlocked over these 600$ AT&T locked, wish i had waited for those unlocked phones to launch in US.

Have one issue - my facebook notifications are not working with notification centre, they just dont show up and neither the push is working for FB, whats app works fine and shows in notification centre as well. Any reason?
Old 16th October 2011, 01:43   #3696
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tejus.s
Hi all,

I updated to 'ios 5' a couple of days ago. However, after the update, my iPod has reset ie., it is asking me to connect to iTunes. The trouble is iTunes is not recognizing the device (the iTunes and USB cable screen continue to appear). I've tried everything in the book but in vain.

Has anyone faced similar issues after the update? Please let me know the solution if so.
You might want to try calling Apple India support on 18004250744. I had some issues with my iPhone 4 a while back and they were quite helpful.
Old 16th October 2011, 09:20   #3697
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitk26
Fiddling with power button on top (to reject a call) is a round about afterthought and not part of a touch phone UX.
If you ever found yourself hiding in the closet of another man's bedroom and your phone chose to ring at that very moment, would you rather:

1. Have to quickly slide your hand in your pocket, take your phone out, see the screen and tap a button to switch the damn thing off?

2. Have to quickly slide your hand in your pocket and press the button on top without having to look?

I rest my case.
Old 16th October 2011, 09:22   #3698
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by navan49 View Post
Any one to suggest how to resize with iphoto in imac
I'm assuming that you're not using any other photo edit software. For you here's the best way:

1. Put all the downloaded images in one folder.

2. Open them with PREVIEW. They'll appear like contact sheet and your selected picture will be the main sitting next to contact sheet.

The iPhone Thread-f1.jpg

3. Go to tools > Adjust

The iPhone Thread-f2.jpg

4. Go to custom > 800 X 600

The iPhone Thread-f4.jpg

The iPhone Thread-f5.jpg
Rudra Sen is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th October 2011, 12:38   #3699
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orko View Post
If you ever found yourself hiding in the closet of another man's bedroom and your phone chose to ring at that very moment, would you rather:

1. Have to quickly slide your hand in your pocket, take your phone out, see the screen and tap a button to switch the damn thing off?

2. Have to quickly slide your hand in your pocket and press the button on top without having to look?

I rest my case.

You indeed rested your case with that superb example!

There are certain things that Apple does, you tend to scratch your head for a reason. But when you see the same problem being handled in a different (albeit, wrong) way in other phones, you know you took a good decision buying that iPhone!
Old 16th October 2011, 12:44   #3700
Senior - BHPian

Rudrasen Thanks for the detailed suggestion on down size. In fact last night I fiddled and did it with out any hazel. I have down sized 2MB photos into KBs and uploaded in Dakshi chitra thread last night
Old 16th October 2011, 13:40   #3701
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang.101 View Post
I may be able to help you.

First on the bottom right of your windows laptop screen, you will see a notification for some issues that are unresolved in a windows icon. Resolve them and then try the update and should be good to go.
Hi Mustang, I'm not getting any such icons on my PC. I've a Windows XP SP2 and an iTouch 3rd generation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis View Post
You might want to try calling Apple India support on 18004250744. I had some issues with my iPhone 4 a while back and they were quite helpful.
The call centre is closed today/ Will do it first thing tomorrow.
Old 18th October 2011, 06:26   #3702
BHPian

Anyone on baseband 6.15.00 who has upgraded to iOS 5?
Old 18th October 2011, 09:01   #3703

Upgraded to ios5 yesterday, kind of disappointed. Dont see any major upgrades on the face of it other than the notification pull down. Can someone who has more info educate me on the benefits or is that all to ios5. Ofcourse i am not counting small stuff like newsletter, video, reminder etc.
Old 18th October 2011, 12:28   #3704
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by josh.machine View Post
Upgraded to ios5 yesterday, kind of disappointed. Dont see any major upgrades on the face of it other than the notification pull down. Can someone who has more info educate me on the benefits or is that all to ios5. Ofcourse i am not counting small stuff like newsletter, video, reminder etc.
Apart from the small stuff you mention there is one thing I found was the i cloud. Just open and see the size allotted for you and the free space for storage and the stuff already stored in i Cloud etc. Just go through the icloud usage from apple site too.
Old 18th October 2011, 14:22   #3705

Quote:
Originally Posted by navan49

Apart from the small stuff you mention there is one thing I found was the i cloud. Just open and see the size allotted for you and the free space for storage and the stuff already stored in i Cloud etc. Just go through the icloud usage from apple site too.
Thanks will check out Icloud but don't know if its really beneficial.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks