Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software

Search this Thread
Old 17th April 2012, 11:27   #4441
Senior - BHPian

re: The iPhone Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by nkg77 View Post
Its a reasonably good player, it has a built in web browser interface for searching videos and then you can download it directly to the phone. Jail break your phone then all this is yours for free
Avoid writing such a comments, jailbreaking never was about Piracy. If anyone buys a iphone which cost so much, i don't think he can't pay for a software which costs just 2.99.
Old 17th April 2012, 12:46   #4442
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by joe1980 View Post
Does this work without Jailbreaking? If yes, I would have to look elsewhere.
Its done on your computer so it works on all phones.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinod332002 View Post
I use this all the time and it works like a charm.
Does this work on the Safari browser on the phone too?
Old 17th April 2012, 12:48   #4443
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Durango Dude
Its done on your computer so it works on all phones.

Does this work on the Safari browser on the phone too?
No, it only works on the mac. Not tried it on windows though.
Old 17th April 2012, 17:41   #4444
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rtandon View Post
Friendly neighborhood mobile repair shop.
they wouldnt even know how the sim goes in into an iphone
Old 17th April 2012, 17:43   #4445
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by babhishek

they wouldnt even know how the sim goes in into an iphone
You'll be surprised. I got my phone unlocked, silent button and battery changed.
Old 18th April 2012, 01:40   #4446
BHPian

Does anyone else face a heat-up issue while playing games for long duration or charging ? Iphone 4.
Old 18th April 2012, 06:10   #4447
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruiser@0523
Does anyone else face a heat-up issue while playing games for long duration or charging ? Iphone 4.
Yes. You are not alone. It's common.
Old 18th April 2012, 10:29   #4448
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruiser@0523 View Post
Almost all phones heat up while charging from say 10% etc. But if you do a top up at 80-90% mark there would be hardly any heating, same is for iPhone. This has to do with the rate of charging, at low battery levels, rate is high and once it reaches around 80% charging current is reduced to get a full charge, called as trickle charging.

Same while using resource hungry apps, more resource = more power used = heat. Almost all computing device behaves like this.

But yes do keep a look out for abnormal signs, if so shut down at the earliest. Though these devices do have an auto cut off system. Still why take a chance right?
Old 18th April 2012, 10:53   #4449
Senior - BHPian

got a problem here; need your insights.

i got a message from Citibank yesterday morning while i was commuting to work that 0.99 USD had been charged to my account. now i found this surprising because i didn't buy anything while i was driving.

when i got to office i opened iTunes and checked the account information and found no purchases made that day morning (and yes the phone was with me); the last purchase was on 14th and i had already received a confirmation on that. there was a button Report a Problem, which i clicked and nothing happened.

what to do now?
Old 18th April 2012, 10:59   #4450
Team-BHP Support

Try to get the receipt details, that would have more info. I have email trigger from iTunes which comes to my email which gives more details.

One possibility is you might have made an accidental purchase within an app?
Old 18th April 2012, 11:02   #4451
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
Try to get the receipt details, that would have more info. I have email trigger from iTunes which comes to my email which gives more details.
i checked and the last purchase was on Apr 14th, nothing after that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
One possibility is you might have made an accidental purchase within an app?
even if that is the case, there should be some proof of that; some entry somewhere - there is none. zilch after Apr 14th.
Old 18th April 2012, 11:19   #4452
BHPian

Help me out here guys!
I got a new factory unlocked iPhone 4s from USA in January. Now the home button has started acting up. As of now it functioning but I feel it won't be long before it gives up.
I'd recently gone to the local apple authorised service in Bhubaneswar for my mb pro and I casually asked the technician if they can get my phone replaced under warranty. The guy says he can't do it coz the phone was bought in US and I'll have to send it to someone in the States to get it replaced under warranty. So that basically means its not covered under warranty here in India !
Now on a visit to Australia last month I thought I would try my luck and see if I can get a replacement. So I called up on apple helpline to get a genius appointment but unfortunately I couldn't get one that day and then I just didn't get the time. But the guy on the phone mentioned that I can get the phone replaced globally.
So I'm wondering if the apple authorised service guy in Bhubaneswar was lying?
Old 18th April 2012, 11:31   #4453
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhi.m View Post
Not applicable to India but as far as my understanding goes international support is only in few countries.

@ironH4WK: yes there would be some trace, i have noticed delays in receipts getting generated. So you might want to wait for a day or two.
Old 18th April 2012, 12:22   #4454
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhi.m View Post
Help me out here guys!
I got a new factory unlocked iPhone 4s from USA in January. Now the home button has started acting up. As of now it functioning but I feel it won't be long before it gives up.
I'd recently gone to the local apple authorised service in Bhubaneswar for my mb pro and I casually asked the technician if they can get my phone replaced under warranty. The guy says he can't do it coz the phone was bought in US and I'll have to send it to someone in the States to get it replaced under warranty. So that basically means its not covered under warranty here in India !
Now on a visit to Australia last month I thought I would try my luck and see if I can get a replacement. So I called up on apple helpline to get a genius appointment but unfortunately I couldn't get one that day and then I just didn't get the time. But the guy on the phone mentioned that I can get the phone replaced globally.
Did you try recalibrating your home button? Here is how to do it in case you didnt -
Step 1: Navigate to, and launch one of the stock applications on your iPhone. If you don’t already know, the stock apps are things like weather, YouTube, stocks, settings etc (any that come as part of iOS).
Step 2: When the app is launched, press and hold the Power button located at the top of the device until the ‘Slide to power off’ appears.
Step 3: Press and hold the iPhone home button. Keep the button depressed until the Slide to power off slider disappears and the application quits back to Springboard.
Step 4: Voila! Your home button is now re-calibrated and should be more responsive for you.
(source: How To Recalibrate iPhone Home Button To Make It More Responsive | Redmond Pie)

Hope this works for you.
Old 18th April 2012, 20:45   #4455
BHPian

I have been using iPhone 4 and iPhone 4S locked phones in India using Vodafone as my service provider. I am particularly facing issue with Vodafone 3G on these phones of mine. I did lot of R&D and I narrowed down the issue is with Vodafone 3G.

I believe, Vodafone uses 3G service from Airtel and every time you need to browse you need to manually select Airtel from Network list.

Irony is I did use my sim on factory unlocked iPhone 4S and I didn't notice the issue of network disconnection, which I pre-dominantly find it in my LOCKED iPhones both 4 & 4S.

I am looking for some inputs with respect to Vodafone 3G users on iPhone4 & 4S.

I was suggested to shift from Vodafone to Airtel, but need to look out for other inputs.

Most Viewed