Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th March 2012, 11:17   #4366
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by joe1980
That exactly in the lines of closed source products. Even I tried to install Find my iPhone on my IP4S, but later learned that I can use it only with another Apple product.
Find my iPhone works with any browser as well. I agree that the boundaries are set but I am happy user with iPod, iPad user. Note: I am a power user on a PC doing most critical work on servers but now I am a convert
Old 26th March 2012, 11:42   #4367
BANNED

re: The iPhone Thread

Is there any way to unlock at&t iphone 4 with 4.12.01 ?
How much i can get in market if i want to sell ?
Old 26th March 2012, 13:21   #4368
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by unknown View Post
There are no unlocks available for BB 04.12.01 right now. You need to wait and pray that some one comes out with an unlock for it.
Old 26th March 2012, 14:25   #4369
BHPian

hi friends
i am a newbie when it comes to i phone, will apreciate any help you offer on my doubts and questions.
i phone 4 - 32 GB purchased was factory unlocked as sold by retailer. The software details show version 5.0 (9A334), model MC605ZP.
He also charged me Rs 1000/- for downloading loads of HD songs video/audio and movies whilst selling, with a promise to jail break it when jail break will be available.
Now he has jail break code available but i am not sure if i want to do it? As i am not clear about the advantages and disadvantages of jail break?
Although i have downloaded i tunes on my computer, I have not yet done any sinking of the phone with my computer. Someone told me that i will loose all the data of songs and the apps that i have purchased if i sink it with any other computer. Is it true?
so basically i am stuck up with just downloading pictures clicked from my phone to my desktop and not other way round, neither can i load any personal choice songs or videos on to the phone.
what do i do to sink it with my computer and have seamless transfers of data without fear of loosing any.
Any help in this regards will be very much apreciated.
thanks and regards
Old 26th March 2012, 15:05   #4370
BHPian

^^ Yes if you sync your Iphone to another computer, all your data will be lost. Even I dont have any clue about how we can sync to another computer without losing our data. Advantages of jailbreaking are that you can install various themes and,many games and apps from Cydia store. Rest for your knowledge you can google and find it. Hope this helps.
Old 26th March 2012, 19:38   #4371
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by zipzapzoom
what do i do to sink it with my computer and have seamless transfers of data without fear of loosing any.
Any help in this regards will be very much apreciated.
thanks and regards
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyRoadie
^^ Yes if you sync your Iphone to another computer, all your data will be lost. Even I dont have any clue about how we can sync to another computer without losing our data. Advantages of jailbreaking are that you can install various themes and,many games and apps from Cydia store. Rest for your knowledge you can google and find it. Hope this helps.
jail breaking voids warranty on your iPhone (if Apple finds out ) but it opens doors to customization that apple abhors. Chose your pick. I personally do not recommend but if certain softwares don't work, go on. It's not complicated either, but be cautious for security.

You have a sinking feeling to sync your iPhone to PC. Don't worry, yes the will be lost but there's a way to everything. Dude seriously no one spends a grand for songs, he ripped you. Just use torrents :P

There are a number of PC application for transferring your phone songs and load it on your PC. There are loads if you google them, chose the one suits you. Once you have all the data on the PC, sync on.
Old 26th March 2012, 19:58   #4372
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by unknown View Post
No unlock as on date for 4.12.01. Unlock for 4.11.08 is in testing phase. In my opinion, the best you can do is keep it with you and pray that an unlock arrives.

If you wish to sell it, then it wouldn't fetch more than the equivalent ipod touch.

PS - In China, they replace the baseband chip to one which can be unlocked. Mind you that this is a hardware unlock that costs well over US$60 and it is something I wouldn't recommend.

Last edited by designersf : 26th March 2012 at 20:00.
Old 26th March 2012, 22:40   #4373
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sn1p3r View Post
Find my iPhone works with any browser as well. I agree that the boundaries are set but I am happy user with iPod, iPad user. Note: I am a power user on a PC doing most critical work on servers but now I am a convert
Thanks for the information. I would now install Find my iPhone app.
Old 27th March 2012, 08:42   #4374
BHPian

Sn1p3r
thanks for your response and i do agree that he ripped me off.
but thats the price you pay for being lazy. and i was quite naive 4 months back, now i know that my son's school mate (13yrs old) sells 1000 songs loaded on any phone for 50 bucks...
as regards to your last statment can you pls suggest some programme for transferring songs and other things on i phone. ( apart from i tunes)
thank you
Old 27th March 2012, 21:13   #4375
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by zipzapzoom
as regards to your last statment can you pls suggest some programme for transferring songs and other things on i phone. ( apart from i tunes)
thank you
Here is a How To.
http://howto.cnet.com/8301-11310_39-...ng-file-names/

Do let me know if it works for you, else I will post another one. Cheers!

Last edited by Sn1p3r : 27th March 2012 at 21:14.
Old 28th March 2012, 21:18   #4376
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by nkg77 View Post
There are no unlocks available for BB 04.12.01 right now. You need to wait and pray that some one comes out with an unlock for it.
Bad timing, thanks mate.
Quote:
Originally Posted by designersf View Post
No unlock as on date for 4.12.01. Unlock for 4.11.08 is in testing phase. In my opinion, the best you can do is keep it with you and pray that an unlock arrives.

If you wish to sell it, then it wouldn't fetch more than the equivalent ipod touch.

PS - In China, they replace the baseband chip to one which can be unlocked. Mind you that this is a hardware unlock that costs well over US$60 and it is something I wouldn't recommend.
I'm waiting, hoping unlock will come soon, thanks.
Hardware unlock is available in india ?
Old 29th March 2012, 10:41   #4377
Senior - BHPian

hey friends,
I own a Xperia X10i from last one year and is looking for an upgrade now,
can you please suggest which one to go for iphone4 or 4s, somebody told me that IP4 cost has drastically reduced to around 27k? IP4s is coming at a 44k for 16GB model which looks quite price when i got my ipad2 16GB 3G + wifi at 31500
Old 29th March 2012, 10:50   #4378
Senior - BHPian

alright, i just about had enough with the iP4!

sounds all messed up; earlier it was just the notifications, but now sometimes the calls get garbled (when taken on the phone/speakerphone). sometimes even the phone is not on silent/vibrate mode, there is no sound for events such as email/sms/calls!

how do i reset the phone to what it was when i bought it (iOS 4.something) and what am i gonna lose when i do this?
Old 29th March 2012, 11:02   #4379
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronH4WK
how do i reset the phone to what it was when i bought it (iOS 4.something) and what am i gonna lose when i do this?
assuming it is factory unlocked. Backup to iTunes and when connected to comp then restore.
Alternatively, try erase all settings.

Once done restore from backup.
All this is for factory unlocked pieces.
Old 29th March 2012, 11:17   #4380
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rtandon View Post
assuming it is factory unlocked. Backup to iTunes and when connected to comp then restore.
Alternatively, try erase all settings.

Once done restore from backup.
All this is for factory unlocked pieces.
how do you mean factory unlocked? i bought this from Univercel and not from a service provider like Airtel, Vodafone etc.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks