Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software

Search this Thread
Old 29th March 2012, 12:09   #4381
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronH4WK

how do you mean factory unlocked? i bought this from Univercel and not from a service provider like Airtel, Vodafone etc.
Still wondering how to conclusively prove it is factory unlocked. Never mind.

If it is with bill and warranty then backup and change your device. It's the least painful route really.

Edit: Oh! Oh!! You said 4.x. Did you save your shsh blobs? If not then you cannot get to 4.x from 5.1. Toothpaste out of the tube.

Last edited by rtandon : 29th March 2012 at 12:11.
Old 29th March 2012, 12:28   #4382
Senior - BHPian

re: The iPhone Thread

this site is giving away IP4s at 39300 only

Buy Mobile Phones, Cameras, Laptops, Pen Drives, MP3 Players, TVs and Hard Disks in India | BuyThePrice.com

any idea? how can this be so reasonable as compared to market
Old 29th March 2012, 12:33   #4383
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruchirtnt View Post
this site is giving away IP4s at 39300 only

Buy Mobile Phones, Cameras, Laptops, Pen Drives, MP3 Players, TVs and Hard Disks in India | BuyThePrice.com

any idea? how can this be so reasonable as compared to market
i dont see that listing.
could you post the link to the actual device page?
Old 29th March 2012, 12:46   #4384
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayankk View Post
i dont see that listing.
could you post the link to the actual device page?
you can try this link:

Apple iPhone 4S 16GB - Buy Online in India for Rs.44,500 as on 29th March 2012 - Price, Features, Reviews, Specifications, Photos, Videos | BuyThePrice.com
Old 30th March 2012, 00:32   #4385
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rtandon

Still wondering how to conclusively prove it is factory unlocked. Never mind.

If it is with bill and warranty then backup and change your device. It's the least painful route really.

Edit: Oh! Oh!! You said 4.x. Did you save your shsh blobs? If not then you cannot get to 4.x from 5.1. Toothpaste out of the tube.
I think searching with the model number would tell you. You can find this at settings - general - about - model. Just search by your model number and you will find info on whether it was factory unlocked series or not
Old 30th March 2012, 00:46   #4386
Senior - BHPian

Just jailbroke my iphone 4s and an first gen ipad... Last time I jailbroke an iphone it was a iphone first generation.

The process is super simple + user friendly + rewarding as well
Old 31st March 2012, 16:56   #4387
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePunter
From yesterday, my iPhone 4 is not picking signals. It is on iOS 4.3 & Baseband 3.10.01 & Gevey unlocked since 2011 June, so more than 9 months and has been working fine till now. Whenever I powered the phone on back from switch off (or a few "rare" cases when signal went blank briefly for some time) I could easily repeat the unlock process via 112 in less than a minute. So dont know what has happened now.

I took it to a person in Ritchie St who had helped me source the gevey and unlock it for first time. But no success. He was trying to fiddle with it and phone got hanged. Any way I switched it off and ON, and luckily it was back to normal except that still it doesnt pick signal. He asked me to come a few days later to check it again if any solution available. Meanwhile settled for a new basic Nokia X1 just for my calling needs. It is just one day, and I already miss my iPhone badly :-(

Any body here facing issues with Gevey after so many months of hassle free use. Any help will be highly appreciated.

Please suggest a place in Chennai where I could take it for further check up. I am also toying with the idea of upgrading to ios 5 (mainly for the new unified messaging features) and want to confirm what is the experience of the community here on it with the same bb as mine? (I did read a few posts where upgrade to ios 5 with gevey was fine)
Well my hope prevailed. My i is back after down for a few weeks. I had taken it to couple of places where the diagnosis was not done full( Ritchie St, and then Applenberry-Anna Nagar) Yesterday a shop at adyar (Firstcall) found it was fine working with another sim. So my sim was the culprit!! was showin up as slightly worn out or i now find its cutting was not that great when shrinked to microsim size. Got a replacement from airtel @25 and cut it at the shop perfectly with the smal stapler like handy thing. Voila everything was just fine as before. Had in hand no ready microsim to carry out this simple diagnosis myself anyways all'z well now. Other shop was quoting upto 4k telling that the sim tray socket might have gone kaput the reasoning which i didnt buy with my gut feel.
Now waiting for Gevey method supporting 5.1 or above so that i can upgrade the os. Dont want to go for below 5.1
All said, availability of a factory unlock at reasonabke prices would be a boon
Old 1st April 2012, 01:01   #4388
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

My what?

I did a restore (in iTunes) and the device was rest to factory default (at least that's what it said). Then when connecting to iTunes it asked whether to configure as new phone or restore from backup. I chose the latter and the issue isn't resolved. The fizz remains.

I'll try initializing as a new device and see if that solves the problem. If that fails, what option do I got?

First time with an Apple; hope I don't end up with a lemon!
Old 1st April 2012, 09:26   #4389
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronH4WK
First time with an Apple; hope I don't end up with a lemon!
Don't think you would as long as your set is under warranty. If its a hardware issue (which seems like it is) then get your set changed. Call 'em up.

Last edited by rtandon : 1st April 2012 at 09:28.
Old 1st April 2012, 09:35   #4390
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Don't think you would as long as your set is under warranty. If its a hardware issue (which seems like it is) then get your set changed. Call 'em up.
Agreed. Apple return policy is great, they just change it, no haggling required.
All the best.
Old 2nd April 2012, 22:07   #4391
Senior - BHPian

Iphone 4 has gone. It is almost two months over. Even IMEI of both phones Iphone and Lava A10 could not help to recover with in this time. Every body talks about IMEI will help to trace the phone. Is it Possible one day or the other it will be found ? I lost the hope.How the police can trace the millions of lost phones with IMEI. Even if the Police initiate, do the service providers are co operate with the police? I don't have the hope of getting and ordered for a Iphone4S 32GB. I will get it on 5th of this month.Once again I will cut my BSNL Sim and start the old fiddling of IPHONE4S in place of IP4.
Old 3rd April 2012, 09:02   #4392
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navan49
Iphone 4 has gone. It is almost two months over. Even IMEI of both phones Iphone and Lava A10 could not help to recover with in this time. Every body talks about IMEI will help to trace the phone. Is it Possible one day or the other it will be found ? I lost the hope.How the police can trace the millions of lost phones with IMEI. Even if the Police initiate, do the service providers are co operate with the police? I don't have the hope of getting and ordered for a Iphone4S 32GB. I will get it on 5th of this month.Once again I will cut my BSNL Sim and start the old fiddling of IPHONE4S in place of IP4.
I have never found my Nokia (2 units) using Police complaints. Sorry for your loss, there should be a module for smartphone to kill the device ala mission impossible self destruct style.

Enjoy the new handset, may the 4S be with you. Yoda style.
Old 3rd April 2012, 11:10   #4393
Senior - BHPian

Last edited by khanak : 3rd April 2012 at 11:11.
Old 3rd April 2012, 11:11   #4394
BHPian

This is how my IPhone 4 screen looks now after Jailbreaking it through Redsnow.
Attached Thumbnails
The iPhone Thread-image3936613569.jpg  

Old 3rd April 2012, 11:31   #4395
BHPian

^^ this is not the default screen after Jailbreak. You would need winterboard app installed and activate a theme.

So which is this theme, looks quite neat

Last edited by dar3dev|l : 3rd April 2012 at 11:32.

Most Viewed