Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th May 2013, 18:20   #5941
Senior - BHPian

Re: The iPhone Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayD View Post
Tried and failed. :(
have you tried backing up the phone and resetting it and install from the backup?

edit: go to the end and read Randall Souviney's second post: http://www.imobie.com/support/ios-6-...grayed-out.htm

Quote:
It seems clear that the problem was with the radio chip or the firmware chip, and that the iOS 6.1.3 update most likely established a higher broadcast standard that shut off the wifi radio. Freezing the phone turned the wifi back on temporarily so to do the final iCloud system backup. I had to leave the iPhone in the refrigerator to maintain a stable wifi connection since you can't backup the iOS to the iCloud over mobile data alone. So Stephanie's problem was resolved. However, I hope Apple addresses this issue for others who own out-of-warranty iPhones, or at least allows people to revert to the prior version of iOS until a software fix is released.

Last edited by IronH4WK : 29th May 2013 at 18:26.
Old 3rd June 2013, 15:53   #5942
Distinguished - BHPian

Hello friends, need a help for my 3 weeks old Iphone 5. The problem is with my phone i can access gmail, google maps, or any other websites. But whenever i want to use the apple store/ itunes store, its simple not opening the screen remains white itself. When i checked the data usage it keeps on increasing but page is not opening. I have checked my setting, net is kept on for itunes too. So any clue what to do?
Old 3rd June 2013, 16:16   #5943
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samba View Post
Hello friends, need a help for my 3 weeks old Iphone 5. The problem is with my phone i can access gmail, google maps, or any other websites. But whenever i want to use the apple store/ itunes store, its simple not opening the screen remains white itself. When i checked the data usage it keeps on increasing but page is not opening. I have checked my setting, net is kept on for itunes too. So any clue what to do?
Probably too much traffic to the App Store. Happens quite a lot of times. Try accessing early morning , works for me . Regards
Old 3rd June 2013, 16:22   #5944
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by princey View Post
Probably too much traffic to the App Store. Happens quite a lot of times. Try accessing early morning , works for me . Regards
Ok thanks a lot will try that, i was thinking of doing restore factory setting as the apple store app may get corrupted! Will wait and watch now.
Old 3rd June 2013, 16:25   #5945
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samba View Post
I had the same issue few months back. Read somewhere: Open settings -> General -> Restrictions -> Privacy:Location Services -> Scroll down to the end System Services -> Genius for Apps (This should be OFF).

You are done. Kill the itunes store app from your multitasking bar and reboot your phone. Trying opening the app store again and it should now open fast. It worked for me and I hope it will work for you too.
Old 3rd June 2013, 16:44   #5946
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lazybrain View Post
I had the same issue few months back. Read somewhere: Open settings -> General -> Restrictions -> Privacy:Location Services -> Scroll down to the end System Services -> Genius for Apps (This should be OFF).

You are done. Kill the itunes store app from your multitasking bar and reboot your phone. Trying opening the app store again and it should now open fast. It worked for me and I hope it will work for you too.
Hey you are awesome man! Thanks a lot! I did what you told and voila its working now!
Old 5th June 2013, 17:39   #5947
BHPian

Purchased a brand new iPhone 4 on Friday for brother. 2 days later, there is no sound for incoming calls, alerts, music. Took it to Apple service center are they diagnose a faulty speaker

This was his first Apple product and will have to say, left a bad first impression. Heights is that we purchased a matte screen guard for it which is also gone. Will be writing a mail to Apple for this.

Wonder what is happening to quality checks of Apple
Old 5th June 2013, 18:14   #5948
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Repsol View Post
Purchased a brand new iPhone 4 on Friday for brother. 2 days later, there is no sound for incoming calls, alerts, music. Took it to Apple service center are they diagnose a faulty speaker

This was his first Apple product and will have to say, left a bad first impression. Heights is that we purchased a matte screen guard for it which is also gone. Will be writing a mail to Apple for this.

Wonder what is happening to quality checks of Apple
Thats sad to know. Could be a one off case. Was the speaker replaced or the entire phone?
Old 5th June 2013, 19:00   #5949
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mashmash View Post

Thats sad to know. Could be a one off case. Was the speaker replaced or the entire phone?
Apple still follows the policy of replacement in India
Old 5th June 2013, 20:32   #5950
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mashmash View Post

They have approved a phone replacement.
Old 5th June 2013, 20:41   #5951
Senior - BHPian

I am searching for a good black list app for iPhone. I've searched and read a lot of good review about iBlacklist App for Rs. 150.
Please let me know if any other App worth to buy.
Old 7th June 2013, 12:14   #5952
BHPian

^^ why not use true caller and add the unwanted numbers to the true caller spam list ?
Old 7th June 2013, 19:27   #5953
Senior - BHPian

I was reading about True Caller and I found that it stores the phone book on their server; sort of like a global telephone book. Not very privacy oriented.

On the other hand, I saw the reviews for iBlacklist and couple of people have mentioned that its bogus. Somewhere on the net I read that iBlacklist is not available on App Store, but it does show up when I search for it!

Any other suggestions?
Old 7th June 2013, 21:18   #5954
BHPian

Blacklisting apps - would they work without jailbreaking? I doubt. Apple does not provide a public API to hook into the phone features. Or we would have had a gazillion blacklist apps floating around!
Old 7th June 2013, 21:48   #5955
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nileshch View Post
Blacklisting apps - would they work without jailbreaking? I doubt. Apple does not provide a public API to hook into the phone features. Or we would have had a gazillion blacklist apps floating around!
looks like the ones on App Store are all bogus. you're right - the real iBlacklist needs the iPhone to be jail broken!

on their site:
Quote:
WARNING - Take care about fake applications.
iBlackList is not available at Apple Store, just the web sites www.iblacklist.com.br and www.idevmobile.com can sell iBlackList.
Our application is just available at Cydia, to install iBlackList you need to jailbreak your device, its very easy, secure and fast.
Ps. Jailbreak is legal and dont cause any damage or risk to your device.
but then what's the workaround? you mean to say Apple ain't gonna let me protect myself from spam and annoying callers?

Last edited by IronH4WK : 7th June 2013 at 21:50.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks