Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software

Search this Thread
Old 18th June 2013, 16:36   #6001
BHPian

Re: The iPhone Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by funkyp View Post
i dont think 4S makes sense paying 10k over the 4.
I've found the 4 to be sluggish compared to the 4S. And 4S's camera is superior.
Old 18th June 2013, 21:32   #6002
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nareshov View Post

I've found the 4 to be sluggish compared to the 4S. And 4S's camera is superior.
The iPhone 4s has the A5 chip and the camera is 8mp as compared to iPhone 4's A4 processor and 5mp camera.

http://www.apple.com/in/iphone/compare-iphones/
Old 18th June 2013, 21:35   #6003
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nareshov View Post

The camera is not much consequence to me. I prefer a standard alone camera for good photography. Yes the faster processor in a new chipset is the draw for 4s but it may not be worth paying 10k extra. I would rather pay 10k over that and get the 5
Old 18th June 2013, 22:23   #6004
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9thsphinx View Post

Two steps back really. The entire white, blue and pinkish gradient theme is so girly, if you ask me. I understand the need for flat icons and slimmer fonts because that is what everyone has been doing lately, but the new theme just doesn't work for me. The skeuomorphic theme that iOS has been using up until iOS 6 is still the best.
I like the iBooks app and the animations. That is what attracted me first. But this is just beta 1, hope they have huge change in the final release.
Old 19th June 2013, 08:54   #6005
Senior - BHPian

Any one upgraded to iOS 7 beta on iPhone 4?

I am thinking of doing it.

What do you guys recommend? The people who have downloaded, is it worth it?
Old 19th June 2013, 09:00   #6006
BHPian

^ HKS just replied to that question on previous page.

here it is again: http://www.***************/reviews/ap...-4/2013/06/12/
Old 19th June 2013, 09:33   #6007
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dar3dev|l View Post
^ HKS just replied to that question on previous page.

here it is again: http://www.***************/reviews/ap...-4/2013/06/12/
Yeah, but it wasn't for iPhone 4. Also the link you shared is going on error page.

Looking for some more feedback. Ideally, donot want the phone to slow down considerably.

Also, some of the sites are saying to update the OS instead of doing a restore. What do you guys suggest?
Old 19th June 2013, 09:59   #6008
BHPian

well chances are your iphone 4 will surely have some performance issues for sure purely due to lower hardware as compared to the new gen iphones.

Currenly IOS 7 is in its Beta so it will be difficult to get accurate results. You either can wait for public release of IOS7 for iphone 4 or get a best of both worlds with 4S
Old 19th June 2013, 12:02   #6009
BHPian

IPhone 4S with the iOS 7 beta struggles, so iPhone 4 will be slow. Wait till the public release of iOS7 and then we need to check the performance again.
Old 20th June 2013, 14:38   #6010
BHPian

Hi guys

Ended up locking my iphone 4! Had bought it from UAE with Etisalat card. Was using it till yesterday - everything fine and was using it since June 2011.

Its a complete dud no, the screen says i need to connect to itunes.

Unfortunately I am moving houses and there fore have no internet to connect to right now.

Spoke to a few local repair shops; said they need to connect online and then unlock the phone to indicate prices ranging from 1000 to 7000

Thats too high a cost! Why does one have to connect online to unlock? Is it so difficult to solve this issue?

Do let me know a reliable repair person in Mumbai who will not keep the phone with him for days. I also plan to upgrade the software from iOS 4 to iOS 5 or 6.
Old 20th June 2013, 16:31   #6011
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saildrive View Post
Hi guys

Ended up locking my iphone 4! Had bought it from UAE with Etisalat card. Was using it till yesterday - everything fine and was using it since June 2011.

Its a complete dud no, the screen says i need to connect to itunes.

Unfortunately I am moving houses and there fore have no internet to connect to right now.

Spoke to a few local repair shops; said they need to connect online and then unlock the phone to indicate prices ranging from 1000 to 7000

Thats too high a cost! Why does one have to connect online to unlock? Is it so difficult to solve this issue?

Do let me know a reliable repair person in Mumbai who will not keep the phone with him for days. I also plan to upgrade the software from iOS 4 to iOS 5 or 6.
Saildrive - If its been more than 2 year since you bought the phone, you could try getting it contract free from the provider. Many users have been able to release it from contract (AT&T only AFAIK).

Alternate options are gevey card etc. However, your best source of information should be the internet. there are multiple videos and websites giving you information on how to get out of the itunes screen loop into your phone. Luckily your phone is not bricked and its just stuck in the itunes plugin screen. A few softwares and tools should help you remove that issue. You could try out options such as iLex rat which is a very good tool for this purpose

However, for most, you'll need to be online. If you could reach out to any of your friends who have internet connection, my guess is your phone should be back to normal (state before it got stuck in this screen) in no time.

I recommend avoiding upgrading now since you will not be able to Jailbreak your phone if you upgrade to 6.1.3 and i dont think you will have your SHSH blobs for versions below it, so its useless to upgrade now. Best time to upgrade would be when you have your phone unlocked.

Note: have you tried holding the home button and Power button pressed for 15 seconds? Some cases have been reported, restarting the phone solves the issue.
Old 21st June 2013, 13:35   #6012
Team-BHP Support

Guys how do I sync my contacts in real time between my iPhone 5 and my 9900? I've synced the BB with Gmail. And on the iPhone I used an app to sync my gmail contacts since the Google sync app has stopped for personal use. That was a one way sync.

Now I made a Card dav account through my Gmail account for contacts, but it seems that too is a one way sync. The new contacts on my iPhone have not shown up on my BB yet.

Any suggestions?
Old 22nd June 2013, 11:56   #6013
BHPian

Thanks mail jaiswal

Got the phone connected to iTunes... Was worried cos it said that the restore will take some 10000 hours or so!!!

And in some time.... Eureka it got restored. Lost all data but is in working condition

Just that I want to update it to iOS 5! Any Idea how I can do that; don't want to upgrade it to 6!

Cheers again
S
Old 22nd June 2013, 14:20   #6014
HKS
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanwaramit View Post
Yeah, but it wasn't for iPhone 4. Also the link you shared is going on error page.

Looking for some more feedback. Ideally, donot want the phone to slow down considerably.

Also, some of the sites are saying to update the OS instead of doing a restore. What do you guys suggest?
Sorry guys, the website got revamped so I think they changed the links. This is the new link: http://www.***************/reviews/ap...-4/2013/06/12/
Old 22nd June 2013, 14:23   #6015
HKS
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post
Guys how do I sync my contacts in real time between my iPhone 5 and my 9900? I've synced the BB with Gmail. And on the iPhone I used an app to sync my gmail contacts since the Google sync app has stopped for personal use. That was a one way sync.

Now I made a Card dav account through my Gmail account for contacts, but it seems that too is a one way sync. The new contacts on my iPhone have not shown up on my BB yet.

Any suggestions?
Akshay, there is a way to sync iPhone to Android. One technique here is to sync with gmail. http://www.***************/facts/how-...id/2013/06/10/

Most Viewed