Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software

Search this Thread
Old 31st July 2013, 18:41   #6091
BHPian

Re: The iPhone Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by vasudeva View Post
One of the strong reasons (apart from clearing of unsold stock) why apple is giving discounts (rare in apple's recent history) on iphone 4.
This is the similar strategy apple is adopting the way they did for iPhone 3GS. There is no point even if the discount for iPhone 4 is real jaw dropping since the the newer iOS support is going to stop for iPhone 4. I suppose iOS 7 and 7.x.x will be the last supported iOS for iPhone 4 and from year 2014 iPhone 4S will be a basic smartphone to buy from apple.
Old 1st August 2013, 08:54   #6092
Senior - BHPian

another poke at iPhone users by Samsung

Old 1st August 2013, 17:20   #6093
Senior - BHPian

Can someone help me with a purchase issue I had on Itunes.

Before I describe the problem, my credit card was recently upgraded to the chip based one. The old card has been blocked.

- On my Iphone 5, I downloaded the first episode of the game 'The Walking Dead' and I finished that episode. The first episode is free to download.
- I was given options, either to purchase individual episode or buy a bundle pack.
- I chose to buy a bundle pack from episodes 2 to 5. I click the BUY button.
- Iphone asks me to confirm my purchase of INR 1,100. I confirm the same.
- I get a message that the payment has been declined giving me an option to log onto my account to update the information.
- I log onto the account and update the new card information and the same is accepted successfully.
- I get a SMS from my bank thanking me for the transaction of INR 1,100 on itunes.com.
- Back to the game, I see a message 'Network Error.'
- On my ITunes account I can see that the game has been downloaded against my id.
- On IPhone, I again options to buy each episode or the bundle pack. If I choose the bundle pack I am again asked to confirm my purchase of INR 1,100 which means the download will start again on payment going through.

What's happening? And how do I download the game I have already paid for? I have already sent an email to apple through their itunes help section and recieved an email promising me of a reply within 48 hours.

Last edited by amit : 1st August 2013 at 17:43.
Old 1st August 2013, 23:03   #6094
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit View Post
Can someone help me with a purchase issue I had on Itunes..
Your iTunes purchase history should help confirm this. Normally your purchases will reflect in your phone purchase history, but for in-app bundles it can get tricky. You will need to login to your apple ID through iTunes on a desktop. Here's a link describing the process.

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT2727?viewlocale=en_IN

Also your purchases should confirm ASAP in 12 hours or ASAP, if value greater than $20. Hope this helps.

Mod Note: Please quote ONLY the relevant bits of a post. Quoting a full, long post inconveniences our mobile readers.

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 9th August 2013 at 07:59.
Old 1st August 2013, 23:18   #6095
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit View Post
Can someone help me with a purchase issue I had on Itunes.

Before I describe the problem, my credit card was recently upgraded to the chip based one. The old card has been blocked.

- On my Iphone 5, I downloaded the first episode of the game 'The Walking Dead' and I finished that episode. The first episode is free to download.
- I was given options, either to purchase individual episode or buy a bundle pack.
- I chose to buy a bundle pack from episodes 2 to 5. I click the BUY button.
-
Download the episodes you bought on iTunes desktop or laptop. Transfer them from iTunes to your iPhone.
Old 3rd August 2013, 10:29   #6096
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juggy View Post
Your iTunes purchase history should help confirm this. Normally your purchases will reflect in your phone purchase history, but for in-app bundles it can get tricky. You will need to login to your apple ID through iTunes on a desktop. Here's a link describing the process.

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT2727?viewlocale=en_IN

Also your purchases should confirm ASAP in 12 hours or ASAP, if value greater than $20. Hope this helps.
I already did that before posting here. The purchase was showing in my account but even if I tried to download the game on my macbook via ITunes I was asked to confirm the purchase.

Quote:
On my ITunes account I can see that the game has been downloaded against my id.
I had sent an email to apple support about this and today morning I see on my Itunes account that the amount has been refunded although my credit card still doesn't show the credit. I will wait till Monday for the amount to get credited before approaching apple again.

Thanks for the help guys!
Old 3rd August 2013, 16:23   #6097
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mail.jaiswal View Post
iRepair is good. avoid iservice since they totally mess up your phone. iRepair will also give you warranty and honor their word. My friend got his screen replaced there for about 7k and also got 1 year warranty on any other issue.
Used Irepair's services for my repairs on my iPhone 3GS. They are extremely good.

My IPhone 3GS was bought from the UK. After using it for nearly 2 years, the mute button became extremely loose and the phone just wouldn't go back into normal ringer mode, had to rely on vibrate mode to get alerted for messages, e-mails and calls. Before this, the volume control buttons fell off somewhere. Wanted these things to be fixed. So, off I went to Maple, Mangalore( Apple store) first. They flatly refused to repair it saying it was bought int the UK, so I will have to send it to the UK for repairs. They can only work on iphones which have been sold in India only.

Came to know of Irepair, Bangalore. Contacted them, they organised a pickup from my house through FedEx. Got the phone delivered back to me with issues resolved within a week, again through FedEx. Extremely happy with their services..
Old 3rd August 2013, 16:40   #6098
BANNED

Infractions: 0/3 (12)

Quote:
Originally Posted by skanchan95 View Post

Used Irepair's services for my repairs on my iPhone 3GS. They are extremely good.

My IPhone 3GS was bought from the UK. After using it for nearly 2 years, the mute button became extremely loose and the phone just wouldn't go back into normal ringer mode, had to rely on vibrate mode to get alerted for messages, e-mails and calls. Before this, the volume control buttons fell off somewhere. Wanted these things to be fixed. So, off I went to Maple, Mangalore( Apple store) first. They flatly refused to repair it saying it was bought int the UK, so I will have to send it to the UK for repairs. They can only work on iphones which have been sold in India only.

Came to know of Irepair, Bangalore. Contacted them, they organised a pickup from my house through FedEx. Got the phone delivered back to me with issues resolved within a week, again through FedEx. Extremely happy with their services..
Could you PM the contact details of irepairs service?
Old 3rd August 2013, 17:39   #6099
BHPian

Here you go, Shankar. Sorry I can't PM yet. But it is easier and faster to open a help ticket at irepair.in. Click on Contact us. They respond the same day by calling you with an estimate.

I found them quite expensive. For my old 3GS with a stuck power button, they wanted 7500 ++ service charge. And an additional 7500 for a battery swap. But they seem efficient, and welcomed me to drop by for a chat. They are close to Furtado's, around Jyothi Nivas gate. Remember these are guys who have a day job, and you'll have your expectations ok.

iRepair India #310/8, 17th Main, 2nd Cross,
KHB Colony, Koramangala 5th Block,
Bangalore 560095
Office: +91-80-42035735
Mobile: +91-9632049550
Email: info@irepair.in

They just opened a branch in Hyderabad Branch: Flat 1A/4, 8-168/2/2, RK Residency, Road No 11, Banjara Hills, Hyderabad 500 033
Old 3rd August 2013, 17:54   #6100
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post

Could you PM the contact details of irepairs service?
Log onto www.irepair.in. Contact them using the contact us link.
Old 8th August 2013, 21:29   #6101
BHPian

May be an OTP for this thread but since i could not find specific so posted here:

I've i-pod classic 160 GB (2008) and in 2010 got the battery changed (not from Apple authorized center) when it stopped charging thou i heard of the battery lasting least for 5 years

Anyhow; it went well for a month but after that battery did not charge to which i took it to the shop last repaired but then after the battery drowned it refused to charge and surprisingly after keeping it for two months when i plugged it again the battery charged fully but again same thing happened (it did not charge after that) and this is happening since then..i plug it after some months it gets charged but then needs a break for good months. Now i want to get this fixed hell

Any help and advice would be really appreciated

Thanks

Mod Note : Post Edited. Smiley usage is restricted to two per post on Team-BHP. Please do NOT use more than 2 smileys in a post.

We advise you to read the Forum Rules before proceeding any further.

Last edited by moralfibre : 9th August 2013 at 05:00.
Old 8th August 2013, 22:21   #6102
Senior - BHPian

anybody know where to get the iOS 7 beta 5 (other than the Apple developer site)?
Old 9th August 2013, 01:28   #6103
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronH4WK View Post
anybody know where to get the iOS 7 beta 5 (other than the Apple developer site)?
Don't do it, its hardly a month away (Sept third week) for the the release anyways. Some of my friends are having some issues with the Beta iOS7. Why bother with an unfinished product and spoil the experience.
Old 9th August 2013, 05:29   #6104
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronH4WK View Post
I would advise you to wait till it is officially released. Hope you understand that you are not entitled to any technical support for any issues reported till it is released officially. Since the release is not too far away, I would advise you to wait.
Old 9th August 2013, 09:28   #6105
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by robimahanta View Post
Don't do it, its hardly a month away
Quote:
Originally Posted by benbsb29 View Post
I would advise you to wait till it is officially released.
Kill joys Can't resist the temptation

I had tried the beta 2 and man was it buggy. I put 6.1.3 back. The feature I'm kinda looking forward to is number blocking. I saw that in the settings of beta 2. I hope it can block unsolicited SMS too.

Guess I'll wait for a month *sigh*

Most Viewed