Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th June 2013, 23:58   #5986
BHPian

My dad is thinking of getting an iPhone 4 8GB variant. Currently he uses a Galaxy Grand which is just about 20 days old. He's not too happy with it since it's a bit too big to use with one hand and is also quite laggy at times. So he wants to give iOS a try. I was going through eBay and came across a seller who is giving away new pieces at 21,408 bucks. He also has 100% positive feedback and is listed as a top seller in eBay. He claims the device gets official 1 year warranty from Apple. Is this deal too good to be true? Has anyone or their friends purchased from such sellers? If so, how has the experience been? The same phone is available for 24,100 bucks on flipkart (which I believe offers more peace of mind). What do you folks suggest I do?
Old 12th June 2013, 00:32   #5987

Apple had a scheme where they gave atleast 7k as buyback on you old smartphone,also iphone 4 was available at homeshop18 too under superdeals for 19500/- but that deal has expired.
Old 12th June 2013, 08:52   #5988
BANNED

The scheme is still there. Check this out. This is the official website for selling iPhone in India
http://www.infibeam.com/iPhone/
Old 12th June 2013, 10:40   #5989
BHPian

Thanks a lot for your replies. I think infibeam is the best value for money proposition now. I'll go the infibeam way then
Old 12th June 2013, 10:53   #5990
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by 97_Octane View Post
Thanks a lot for your replies. I think infibeam is the best value for money proposition now. I'll go the infibeam way then
Btw, if u are just looking for an easy to use lag free phone, you should look at the WP8 devices. Lumia 620 is pretty good and very easy to use with one hand as well.
Old 12th June 2013, 13:22   #5991
Senior - BHPian

Re: The iPhone Thread

Anyone update their iPhones to the iOS 7 beta yet? I'd like to hear some first hand experiences on how is it better than say 6.1.2. With iPhones I usually find downgrading better than upgrading in terms of performance.

The new look is a little girly for my taste, but would be perfect for the wifey's 4.
Old 13th June 2013, 12:17   #5992
Senior - BHPian

A few jailbreak tweaks are incorporated into the OS, so you don't miss the old FW as much. A little slower, but expected with the beta version which probably has debugging turned on. Battery life, gone from about 40% by the end of the day to 25%. Same amount of use. Expected with the higher beta and due to various transparency bits requiring more processor power. Overall, I'm reasonably happy with the upgrade. The final version should be good.

Is there something specific you wish to know?
Old 13th June 2013, 16:04   #5993
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by agambhandari View Post
Btw, if u are just looking for an easy to use lag free phone, you should look at the WP8 devices. Lumia 620 is pretty good and very easy to use with one hand as well.
I did have a look at the Lumia 920. Dad has always been a Samsung user so it would've been a bit difficult for him to get accustomed to the new interface. He was using the Grand before (he just bought it after seeing the gorgeous display on my Galaxy S4 lol. Too bad it didn't work out with the Grand.)But I might get a Lumia 520 for Mom though. She really liked it.

P.S.- He bought the iPhone 4 yesterday. The only thing lacking for him is the screen size, but the resolution, slick performance and ease of use more than makes up for it! He's all cheers
Old 13th June 2013, 17:03   #5994
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The only thing lacking for him is the screen size, but the resolution, slick performance and ease of use more than makes up for it! He's all cheers
when i moved from HD2 (4.3" screen) to iPhone 4, i found it very small as well. it takes a short while to get used it. now when i look at my HD2 i'm like that's huge!

Old 13th June 2013, 20:01   #5995
BANNED

Quote:

I did have a look at the Lumia 920. Dad has always been a Samsung user so it would've been a bit difficult for him to get accustomed to the new interface. He was using the Grand before (he just bought it after seeing the gorgeous display on my Galaxy S4 lol. Too bad it didn't work out with the Grand.)But I might get a Lumia 520 for Mom though. She really liked it.

P.S.- He bought the iPhone 4 yesterday. The only thing lacking for him is the screen size, but the resolution, slick performance and ease of use more than makes up for it! He's all cheers
Just got home after getting a 620 for mom. Working as advertised till now. 920 is way too big (and very expensive) ,620 is really handy , a welcome change compared to the latest crop of phones.
Old 13th June 2013, 21:14   #5996
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronH4WK View Post
...it takes a short while to get used it. now when i look at my HD2 i'm like that's huge!
Completely agree with you. Though the trend now is for huge screens, the iPhone 4 still manages to not look out of place

Quote:
Originally Posted by agambhandari View Post
Just got home after getting a 620 for mom. 920 is way too big (and very expensive)
Congrats on getting the 620! It's a really nice phone. I personally really like the interface on WP8 devices. It's very smooth.

And sorry, I meant to say Lumia 720, not 920
Old 13th June 2013, 21:54   #5997
BHPian

What do you guys think about the new icons? Safari, Game Center and stocks look like a step back. And it seems like too much white in the UI.
Old 14th June 2013, 12:41   #5998
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monolithic View Post
What do you guys think about the new icons? Safari, Game Center and stocks look like a step back. And it seems like too much white in the UI.
Two steps back really. The entire white, blue and pinkish gradient theme is so girly, if you ask me. I understand the need for flat icons and slimmer fonts because that is what everyone has been doing lately, but the new theme just doesn't work for me. The skeuomorphic theme that iOS has been using up until iOS 6 is still the best.
Old 18th June 2013, 12:38   #5999
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
Oh looks like it is but man it's like 12K more for the 4S. Even after the buy back I will have to shell out 31.5K for an older gen phone.

For 31.5K I can get pretty much any other premium phone like the S3, Xperia ZL, Xperia SP and some others.
i am in a similar dilemna. i have been an iphone user for 2 years now and pretty happy with my experience. but the phone has been giving trouble of late. the proximity sensor has conked off (which leads to speaker/mute/hold getting activated when on call), the home button doesnt work half the time and battery doesnt last as long.

i have a company scheme where i can get 14000 cashback for the phone. So basically, i can exchange and:

1. get a new iphone 4 for 11.5K
2. get a new iphone 5 for 30k.

My primary use is mails, FB, facetime, whats app etc. For gaming I primarily use my ipad.

i dont think 4S makes sense paying 10k over the 4.

now that its clear that ios7 will be supported on the iphone 4 (maybe not all new features), which one makes sense.. it is not only about affordability, it more about the value for money.

the iphone 4 at 11k or iphone 5 at 30k??
Old 18th June 2013, 15:12   #6000
HKS
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9thsphinx View Post
Anyone update their iPhones to the iOS 7 beta yet? I'd like to hear some first hand experiences on how is it better than say 6.1.2. With iPhones I usually find downgrading better than upgrading in terms of performance.

The new look is a little girly for my taste, but would be perfect for the wifey's 4.
Guys, some website has tested the iOS 7 on iPhone 4 also, and they have shared their text and video review.

http://www.***************/reviews/ap...-4/2013/06/12/

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks