Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th May 2013, 23:46   #5926
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: The iPhone Thread

Hi I got an iPhone 5 last week, an upgrade from my Galaxy. I am very happy with the performance. The only issues bugging are:

1) My SIM has a 3G connection, shows a 3G at the top. But when I try accessing the internet, it gives the error - Your phone doesnot have a data connection service.

2) I am not able to add movies/videos to iTunes. Songs were added.

Can anyone help me out? I haven't been able to go to Docomo store to sort the Internet issue as was busy in office in weekend. But I set the APN after checking the Docomo site.
Old 13th May 2013, 01:21   #5927
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashis89 View Post
Hi I got an iPhone 5 last week, an upgrade from my Galaxy. I am very happy with the performance. The only issues bugging are:

1) My SIM has a 3G connection, shows a 3G at the top. But when I try accessing the internet, it gives the error - Your phone doesnot have a data connection service.

2) I am not able to add movies/videos to iTunes. Songs were added.

Can anyone help me out? I haven't been able to go to Docomo store to sort the Internet issue as was busy in office in weekend. But I set the APN after checking the Docomo site.
What 3G plan are you using?
put this under Apn and it will work

tata.docomo.internet

or

TATA.DOCOMO.INTERNETHVC
Old 13th May 2013, 13:07   #5928
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay4587 View Post
What 3G plan are you using?
put this under Apn and it will work

tata.docomo.internet

or

TATA.DOCOMO.INTERNETHVC
Thanks Akshay. I was using the 1st APN earlier which didn't work. Now I changed the APN to the 2nd one and its working. Thanks again.

I also installed QuickTime player and I was able to add files to iTunes. While I added 22 video files(.MPEG) to iTunes and sync with my phone, only 9 files were copied. Any reason for the same?
Old 13th May 2013, 20:28   #5929
BHPian

Hi ashis89,

Did you get any errors while copying or it simply did not copy? Have you checked the free space available in your iphone?

I use OplayerLite for my Video needs, it can also play subtitles. It plays almost all the formats, it is like VLCPlayer for Iphone.
Old 14th May 2013, 11:14   #5930
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbdulRahmanM View Post
Hi ashis89,

Did you get any errors while copying or it simply did not copy? Have you checked the free space available in your iphone?

I use OplayerLite for my Video needs, it can also play subtitles. It plays almost all the formats, it is like VLCPlayer for Iphone.
It just didn't get copied into my phone. My iPhone is a 32 GB version and there is still 23+ GB of unused space. Couldn't figure out the reason yet.

Another problem that I am facing is I am unable to transfer my contacts from my old Android to this phone. I googled, tried attaching the .vcf file to my mail but am unable to download the file in this file. I checked the specs on Apple home page that iPhone 5 supports .vcf file.

Do we need to install any document reader to read this file?
Old 14th May 2013, 11:21   #5931
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Another problem that I am facing is I am unable to transfer my contacts from my old Android to this phone. I googled, tried attaching the .vcf file to my mail but am unable to download the file in this file. I checked the specs on Apple home page that iPhone 5 supports .vcf file.

You don't need to install a reader for the .vcf file. I mailed all my contacts to myself and then opened the attached .vcf file in my iPhone 4. It imported all the contacts.

Please check if the .vcf file has been generated properly. Secondly, check if you're able to download the file in your phone.
Old 14th May 2013, 11:31   #5932
Team-BHP Support

Quote:

Send the .vcf file to the address which you have set as the email client in the iPhone. On clicking the attachment there, it will show all the contacts and you can save into your phone.
Old 14th May 2013, 11:58   #5933
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronH4WK View Post
You don't need to install a reader for the .vcf file. I mailed all my contacts to myself and then opened the attached .vcf file in my iPhone 4. It imported all the contacts.

Please check if the .vcf file has been generated properly. Secondly, check if you're able to download the file in your phone.
Quote:
Originally Posted by vb-san View Post
Send the .vcf file to the address which you have set as the email client in the iPhone. On clicking the attachment there, it will show all the contacts and you can save into your phone.
Thanks a lot. I was earlier trying to download it from a draft but now I mailed it to myself. It seems to be working but probably the .vcf file isn't generated properly. I clicked on the file and it shows only one contact. I will regenerate the file and try again.

BTW, what would be the size of a .vcf file for 300-350 contacts? My file size shows 90 bytes only.
Old 14th May 2013, 12:27   #5934
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Thanks a lot. I was earlier trying to download it from a draft but now I mailed it to myself. It seems to be working but probably the .vcf file isn't generated properly. I clicked on the file and it shows only one contact. I will regenerate the file and try again.

BTW, what would be the size of a .vcf file for 300-350 contacts? My file size shows 90 bytes only.
I think your file was not properly generated. What I generated for my wife's phone had around 120 contacts, and it was 77KB.
Old 14th May 2013, 12:30   #5935
BHPian

Quote:

Have you tried syncing your contacts through your Google account?
Old 14th May 2013, 12:42   #5936
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Recompose View Post
Have you tried syncing your contacts through your Google account?
Ya I tried that but was unsuccessful. I will try generating another contact file and mailing it to myself.
Old 14th May 2013, 12:53   #5937
BHPian

Quote:
Ya I tried that but was unsuccessful. I will try generating another contact file and mailing it to myself.
It seemed pretty straightforward when I did mine, what is the issue? You fill in your details in Settings > Mail and Contacts > Add an account > CardDAV account.
Old 29th May 2013, 17:25   #5938
Senior - BHPian

I am facing an issue since the past few days on my iPhone 4S.

It was all working fine till one day the WiFi button got greyed out and cannot be activated. The same is the case with bluetooth.

I searched on the net and found that many people are facing the same issue, and i could find no solutions for it.

I tried updating the software after that, but still no avail. Any idea what to do?
Old 29th May 2013, 17:36   #5939
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayD View Post
I am facing an issue since the past few days on my iPhone 4S.

It was all working fine till one day the WiFi button got greyed out and cannot be activated. The same is the case with bluetooth.

I searched on the net and found that many people are facing the same issue, and i could find no solutions for it.

I tried updating the software after that, but still no avail. Any idea what to do?
You can try a Rest network Setting under general - reset.

Hope it helps

Cheers
Old 29th May 2013, 17:37   #5940
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schoudhury View Post
You can try a Rest network Setting under general - reset.

Hope it helps

Cheers
Tried and failed. :(

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks