Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th February 2013, 01:32   #5776
BHPian

re: The iPhone Thread

Try from this seller. I just bought a 4s from him. I dont see a new 4 from him but you can try the used one from him.

http://myworld.ebay.in/randeep_singh...id=p4340.l2559

He keeps bringing new stock so just keep an eye on his store and you should find the new iphone 4 soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nigeltufnel View Post
Hi I was looking to buy the iphone 4 and found a couple of great deals on ebay india. Are these valid? Anything I should keep in mind while picking these up? Any chance of fraudulent pieces?

http://www.ebay.in/itm/150995234815

http://www.ebay.in/itm/Brand-New-in-...item35c45f57a5

the 2nd one is definitely bought from the US. they're both unlocked. What does that mean exactly? Im sorry but i'm a complete newbie to all this.

Last edited by klassics45 : 15th February 2013 at 01:36.
Old 15th February 2013, 06:32   #5777
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgiitk View Post
Now Allle loses the name battle in Brazil http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/t...w/18488629.cms

I think Apple can buy them out for a zillion dollars, shut them down, and live happily ever after!
These International Trademark and IPR laws are ridiculous indeed.
It is like that Texmati rice case, where the blessed Americans tried laying claim to Basmati rice and then again slap a patent on dear old Turmeric!
Ridiculous is an understatement.

All these leal wrangles only end up leaving those shark shyster legal vultures with money in their pockets, where everyone else bleeds!
Old 15th February 2013, 16:55   #5778
BHPian

For all having bad battery life on 6.1:

This is due to a bug in mail app in version 6.1.1 Apple confirmed it. A patch is already in work. To solve this issue restore your iPhone with iTunes and set it as new iPhone. Don't restore backup on iPhone. Just reinstall apps from iTunes and do the settings. Battery would be back to normal. I faced this issue and the above eradicated the problem.

Also, don't add Gmail as Exchange account. Add it as native Gmail account. For contacts sync with Gmail, use google-carddav-ios-sync.

To achieve this:

Google provides the following instructions to set up CardDAV contact sync on your device.

• Open the Settings application on your device.
• Select Mail, Contacts, Calendars.
• Select Add Account…
• Select Other
• Select Add CardDAV Account
• Fill out your account information in the following fields:

- Server: Enter “google.com”
- User Name: Enter your full Google Account or Google Apps email address.
- Password: Your Google Account or Google Apps password. (If you’ve enabled 2 Step -verification, you’ll need to generate and enter an application specific password.)
- Description: Enter a description of the account (e.g. Personal Contacts).

• Select Next at the top of your screen.
• Make sure that the “Contacts” option is turned to ON.

When you’re done, open the Contacts app and give it a little until the initial sync completes.

Going forward, any changes made to your Google Contacts on the web will immediately reflect on your iOS device and vice versa. This also includes deleting or adding contacts on your Apple device.

Cheers !
Old 17th February 2013, 15:30   #5779
Senior - BHPian

Finally, bought the IPhone 5 after using a Galaxy S3 for a couple of months. Initial verdict: I am loving it!

One thing I noticed though is that enterprise email does not have push feature even after updating it to IOS 6.1. Apple support forums say that it is a known issue and until Apple brings a fix for this the only way out is to have the 'Fetch' mode on. However, the push feature works smoothly on my ICloud email account. Is there something I can do to get push to work on my enterprise email or are the apple forums right?

Another issue I noticed is that one picture I took did not get transferred to the photo stream but all other's did. It's odd, seems like a software bug where it 'chooses' which picture to move to photo stream and which not to. Anyone else here noticed this?

Quote:
Originally Posted by anmolbedi View Post
For all having bad battery life on 6.1:
I am not facing any battery issues on 6.1.

Last edited by amit : 17th February 2013 at 15:32.
Old 17th February 2013, 15:38   #5780
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit View Post
Finally, bought the IPhone 5 after using a Galaxy S3 for a couple of months. Initial verdict: I am loving it!

One thing I noticed though is that enterprise email does not have push feature even after updating it to IOS 6.1. Apple support forums say that it is a known issue and until Apple brings a fix for this the only way out is to have the 'Fetch' mode on. However, the push feature works smoothly on my ICloud email account. Is there something I can do to get push to work on my enterprise email or are the apple forums right?

Another issue I noticed is that one picture I took did not get transferred to the photo stream but all other's did. It's odd, seems like a software bug where it 'chooses' which picture to move to photo stream and which not to. Anyone else here noticed this?

I am not facing any battery issues on 6.1.
You need to tweak " fetch new data" under settings-> mail settings. That should solve your push issues for enterprise emails.
Old 17th February 2013, 15:45   #5781
Senior - BHPian

With Fetch on, emails do come in at the set times but I need to have PUSH email on.
Old 17th February 2013, 16:45   #5782
BHPian

Quote:
With Fetch on, emails do come in at the set times but I need to have PUSH email on.
Set Push to on and tweak individual account settings from Advanced under "Fetch new data"
Attached Thumbnails
The iPhone Thread-image325156520.jpg  

Old 18th February 2013, 13:44   #5783
Senior - BHPian

Yup tried that as well. Doesn't work. Like I said, apple forums are saying the same thing that enterprise email does not work with push functionality. Does your work?

Another thing, the phone & macbook don't pair up via bluetooth. The phone, however, connected very smoothly to my car's Blue&Me system.
Old 18th February 2013, 18:16   #5784
BHPian

Quote:
Yup tried that as well. Doesn't work. Like I said, apple forums are saying the same thing that enterprise email does not work with push functionality. Does your work?

Another thing, the phone & macbook don't pair up via bluetooth. The phone, however, connected very smoothly to my car's Blue&Me system.
Apparently mine works great on exchange with emails pushed at the right time. The exchange bug is primarily of calendars.
Old 20th February 2013, 00:04   #5785
BHPian

Apple releases iOS 6.1.2 to fix Exchange calendar bugs. It's available OTA.
Old 20th February 2013, 21:19   #5786
BHPian

Just want to check one thing with iPhone 5 users here. Do stores like Reliance iStore/imagine iStore etc. sell factory unlocked iPhones? Or do they come with carrier locks? I was going through Reliance iStore's site, wherein they had stated that the pricing starts from 45,000/- odd. Just wanted to check if these are factory unlocked phones, if any of you have bought it from them.
Old 20th February 2013, 22:05   #5787
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by FanaticOnWheels View Post
Just want to check one thing with iPhone 5 users here. Do stores like Reliance iStore/imagine iStore etc. sell factory unlocked iPhones? Or do they come with carrier locks? I was going through Reliance iStore's site, wherein they had stated that the pricing starts from 45,000/- odd. Just wanted to check if these are factory unlocked phones, if any of you have bought it from them.
Yes, they are all factory unlocked ones.
Just put in your sim and you are all set to rock .

cheers
Old 21st February 2013, 07:03   #5788
Senior - BHPian

Guys

Is anyone facing issues with the Facebook app after the latest iOS update?
For me the pictures are not at all loading up.i thought could be an issue with 3G , but everything else works fine like YouTube , teambhp app etc.
Any pointers, will a reinstall help ?
Cheers
Old 21st February 2013, 07:07   #5789
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schoudhury View Post
Guys

Is anyone facing issues with the Facebook app after the latest iOS update?
For me the pictures are not at all loading up.i thought could be an issue with 3G , but everything else works fine like YouTube , teambhp app etc.
Any pointers, will a reinstall help ?
Cheers
No problems with facebook or any other app so far at my end. Iphone 4s, ipad2 and ipod touch. All on iOS 6.1.2.
Old 21st February 2013, 09:41   #5790
BHPian

I have a problem in accessing the following using my wife's iphone 4s.
  1. I am able to acess the page http://www.forumhub.com/
  2. I click on "Latest Discussion" and it lists me the latest discussion as well
  3. However when I try to open any of the thread it gives an error message like " no response" or time out.
  4. I have seen the same problem in my Nokia too (steps 1,2 will work, step 3 - timed out message)
  5. I think it is a simple connectivity setup issue as I have seen it working in my friend's iphone/ipad.
    I am able to connect to the site using my office laptop in office network, however when I create a personal hotspot and connect my laptop, it doesn't work.

Please help.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks