Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th August 2011, 18:32   #3526
Senior - BHPian

Re: The iPhone Thread: Update iOS 5 announced!

I use capdase charger, works well for me.
Old 25th August 2011, 23:10   #3527
Team-BHP Support

Iphone 3G won't charge using the car 12v socket if the battery is fully drained out and switched off. Else no issues. I'm using a philips usb charger.
Old 26th August 2011, 12:24   #3528
Senior - BHPian

How long have you waited for the inevitable reboot to happen? Sometimes even with the original charger it takes a while for the usual very low charge indication (battery with red line on left and the lightning in the middle) to appear, and reboot happens only when it reaches ~5%. Check the output current rating on your car charger with that of the original. I use either a no-name charger, or one meant for a BB.

Last edited by DerAlte : 26th August 2011 at 12:26.
Old 28th August 2011, 14:14   #3529
BANNED

I am facing GPS lock issues after upgrading to iOS 4.3.3 on my factory unlocked iPhone 3GS. None of the navigation apps is now able to get a lock :( I have downgraded to iOS 4.2.1 but the problem persists.
Can someone help?
Old 28th August 2011, 19:06   #3530
Team-BHP Support

iPhone will charge even from zero, you need to have the right charger. iPhone 4 for instance needs 1 amp charger.
Old 29th August 2011, 12:31   #3531
BHPian

My 3GS is finally giving me problems. I am not able to increase the volume using the volume button, but the decrease works. This is becoming a pain since I am not able to increase the volume when on a call. Anyways to increase the in-call volume?

Last edited by dre@ms : 29th August 2011 at 12:32. Reason: spelling mistakes
Old 3rd September 2011, 13:48   #3532
Senior - BHPian

Amazing Concept iPhone 5. This CG iPhone 5 has advanced iPhone features such as a sleeker iPhone design, a laser keyboard & holographic display all rolled into this iPhone 5 video.

Old 5th September 2011, 21:51   #3533
BHPian

software unlock for bb 3.10.01 and like might just be near...!
as told in the below link updates- >
Green Poison: New Baseband 04.10.01 iPhone Unlock Solution
Old 7th September 2011, 00:35   #3534
BHPian

sorry guys, but let me jump in with a query. Do any of you have a clue about the upcoming iphone 5 launch dates? (worldwide, of course). Rumours --> well i have been reading about dates ranging from June this year till the same period next year. the latest buzz is that the launch dates are around the corner (arent they always?.. lol). I for one am eagerly waiting for a AWS compatibility.
Old 7th September 2011, 07:23   #3535
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinjosep
sorry guys, but let me jump in with a query. Do any of you have a clue about the upcoming iphone 5 launch dates? (worldwide, of course). Rumours --> well i have been reading about dates ranging from June this year till the same period next year. the latest buzz is that the launch dates are around the corner (arent they always?.. lol). I for one am eagerly waiting for a AWS compatibility.
Most likely, late September or early to mid October. But realistically, not a single person outside Apple will have a clue until they find a shiny little invite from 1 Infinite Loop, Cupertino in their mailbox. Until then, everything is conjecture.
Old 7th September 2011, 09:15   #3536
Senior - BHPian

Could the iPhone 5 be announced today ? Rumours seem to suggest so !

Let's wait and watch.
Old 7th September 2011, 18:59   #3537
BHPian

I want to write iOS apps. AFAIK the way to get started it to enroll yourself into iOS Developer Program by paying $99/year.

Is there any other way?
Old 7th September 2011, 19:07   #3538
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheetumanu View Post
I want to write iOS apps. AFAIK the way to get started it to enroll yourself into iOS Developer Program by paying $99/year.

Is there any other way?
If you want to do it yourself, that's the only way. Otherwise you will get lots of freelancer kind of projects for this. Google it you will find.
Old 8th September 2011, 17:22   #3539
BHPian

Well let me put it this way, I have been a apple hater all my life and I forbade anyone from getting anything apple like into my house, till my wife hit me over the head with a metal pipe and used my recovery time to get an Iphone....

Well, the truth is she used an Iphone at a friends place and pestered me to buy one. I got one for her and a few days later I decided to give it a try to figure out what the hype was all about. Now keep in mind that at this time I was on my 3rd Android handset...well anyway I was quite blown away with the ease of use.

A couple of months later when I was on my half yearly upgrade cycle, I went to the phone store to get a new droid and when I found out what the exchange price of my old droid was going to be I almost threw a fit...remember that this was a 7-8 month old phone...I spoke to a couple of other stores and a few friends and finally an Iphone fanatic swayed me by saying that the Iphone 4 may cost you 34-35k now, but when you sell it you will still get back 20k+...my droid that I bought for 26k was being sold back for 11k....

Anyway long story, but finally I bought an Iphone 4 about 8 months ago and am extremly happy with the phone. Its barely laggy sometimes, it works well, I have never had a reboot or crash and it does what I want it to do, and I am a pretty heavy user of the features of most smart phones.

So basically, it works and it does so without making you work to make it work, if you get my drift.

I am sure there are others who have online storage services, and others who have touch screens and others who have lots of other things, but at the end of the day, the Iphone does all these things naturally, easily and with no fuss.....I hope I got my point across.

Android is great and I am all for it, but the fragmentation in the market does not help the OS along....its actually causing more problems than good. I am sure it will go a long way and will get better with more iterations, but at this point of time, I want a phone that does not hang on me, does not reboot for no rhyme or reason, works out of the box and gets all the latest updates and features, without me having to worry about model number, CPU, GPU, manufacturer support (Moto was a pain) screen quality etc etc.

It may seem that I dont want the choice with the plethora of options available on the Android Platform, but actually I made a choice and decided to go with Apple for the time being, as thats probably the most stable platform for now.
mav2000 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th September 2011, 23:51   #3540
Senior - BHPian

Does anyone know,as to how much does OEM apple back cover for iphone 3GS cost here?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks