Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd August 2011, 12:12   #3481
BHPian

Re: The iPhone Thread: Update iOS 5 announced!

@sheetumanu
No offense meant, but try using your phone with and without the scratch guard, you will feel the difference. And the gorilla glass is smudge free too.
Read the post above by @aks_karthik
Even the scratch guard I tried came free with the case I bought for my iPod Touch. I still have one more lying unattended.
Old 2nd August 2011, 15:30   #3482
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dre@ms View Post
@sheetumanu
No offense meant, but try using your phone with and without the scratch guard, you will feel the difference. And the gorilla glass is smudge free too.
Read the post above by @aks_karthik
Even the scratch guard I tried came free with the case I bought for my iPod Touch. I still have one more lying unattended.
None taken

All right I'll get rid of the protector and give "Gorilla" a shot. However, proximity sensor issue is something that needs to be addressed first and foremost.
Old 2nd August 2011, 16:11   #3483
BHPian

Additionally on the iPhone 4, the gorilla glass is oleophobic (repels oil from hands) so the smudges are minimal. I was not convinced of this earlier and specially ordered an 'oleophobic' screen protector. A few days back, the protector came off and I am using the bare screen now. I've realized this is much better and has lesser smudges than the special protector I was using earlier!
Old 2nd August 2011, 16:44   #3484
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheetumanu View Post
Cut a hole in the screen protector over proximity sensor, no luck ...
Proximity sensor is not visible, so cutting the screen protector is of no use.

If there is no cure readily available, try the N8 trick: when you take the call, lock the screen (power button on iPhone; N8 has a neat switch on the side for locking screen manually). My N8 was in love with my cheek, and would do funny things during the call because it wouldn't lock the screen automatically during the call. If the same is happening with your iPhone, locking the screen manually is the cheapest sure-fire remedy.
Old 2nd August 2011, 17:24   #3485
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerAlte View Post
Proximity sensor is not visible, so cutting the screen protector is of no use.

If there is no cure readily available, try the N8 trick: when you take the call, lock the screen (power button on iPhone; N8 has a neat switch on the side for locking screen manually). My N8 was in love with my cheek, and would do funny things during the call because it wouldn't lock the screen automatically during the call. If the same is happening with your iPhone, locking the screen manually is the cheapest sure-fire remedy.
I tried that only to find out that power button ends the call rather than locking the screen
Old 2nd August 2011, 18:40   #3486
Senior - BHPian

Eh? No, short press on the Power button (the one at the top) doesn't end the call, it locks the phone. It works that way on my iPhone4, and I haven't seen any setting to change that. I have to lock the phone when I make a call in the car over BT - otherwise I risk the 'no proximity' problem as I am not holding the phone to my ear.
Old 2nd August 2011, 19:15   #3487
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerAlte View Post
Eh? No, short press on the Power button (the one at the top) doesn't end the call, it locks the phone. It works that way on my iPhone4, and I haven't seen any setting to change that. I have to lock the phone when I make a call in the car over BT - otherwise I risk the 'no proximity' problem as I am not holding the phone to my ear.
I tried both, short press and long press, it ends the call; it locks the phone only when the phone is connected to a headset.
Old 2nd August 2011, 19:35   #3488
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheetumanu

I tried both, short press and long press, it ends the call; it locks the phone only when the phone is connected to a headset.
Hmmm... Possibly it works for me since the BT connection to HU must be headset profile.
Old 2nd August 2011, 21:12   #3489
Senior - BHPian

Gentlemen

Does anyone make an i-phone4 charging dock that also has an aux-out cable that I can plug into a music player like Soundsticks III ? (in addition to charging)

This is so that the Soundsticks can effectively be made into a docking player.
Old 2nd August 2011, 21:50   #3490
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mpower
Gentlemen

Does anyone make an i-phone4 charging dock that also has an aux-out cable that I can plug into a music player like Soundsticks III ? (in addition to charging).
How about the iPhone dock station. See http://store.apple.com/us/product/MC596ZM/B

Cheers.
rtandon is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd August 2011, 10:48   #3491
BHPian

Is somebody here using a Verizon iphone 4 on a CDMA prepaid network here? Is it possible?
And if yes any issues with the same, except for the no data plan part?
Old 5th August 2011, 12:20   #3492
BHPian

iOS5 beta 3 users, have you tried the OTA update of iOS beta 4?? If not please try, it completes in flat 15 minutes and there is no need of a restore or headache of syncing it with iTunes. All data will be intact including messages and call history. And there is no need for you download the whole firmware which is a whopping 700MB. This OTA is a delta update, only the changes in the code gets downloaded.

Its a pure bliss!!! I am loving it.

Last edited by dre@ms : 5th August 2011 at 12:21.
Old 6th August 2011, 12:47   #3493
BHPian

First Clear Photo of the iPhone 5 Leaked Online?

iClarified - Apple News - First Clear Photo of the iPhone 5 Leaked Online?

May be rumour, may be not
Old 6th August 2011, 13:38   #3494
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshaymahajan View Post
Is somebody here using a Verizon iphone 4 on a CDMA prepaid network here? Is it possible?
And if yes any issues with the same, except for the no data plan part?
Yes it is very much possible. Go to Cellwala - CDMA Redefined > Home or check out "cellwalla" on Facebook.

Saddik is absolutely helpful whenever you call him. However speak to Saddik and not his brother Zayed.
Old 7th August 2011, 10:52   #3495
BANNED

how does one use face time exactly ? mine wont work on edge nor on 3g. does that mean one can only use in on wifi ? if thats true that sucks since in india wifi is not free everywhere.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks