Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd June 2011, 15:06   #3361
BHPian

Re: The iPhone Thread: Update iOS 5 announced!

Quote:
Originally Posted by selfdrive View Post
My regular mobilewala changed some strip (1800 bucks) and it started working. For about 2 hours. Then the same problem resurfaced along with a new problem that the unit wasnt getting connected or charged. I returned to him and he fixed the issue again fro no charge this time.
It started working ok again. For about 2 days. Now the same problem has returned that the person on the other end cannot hear me.

How often will I have to keep getting this done? Is there no permanent solution to this?
And to think I bought it only because of its international warranty which now is totally worthless to me.
Did you try calling Apple care? Their numbers are (91) 1800 4250 744 or (91) 80-4140-9000. My past experience with them (for Macbook service) was very good. I'm positive they will be able to help. Let us know.
Old 22nd June 2011, 15:40   #3362
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuel_addict View Post
Did you try calling Apple care? Their numbers are (91) 1800 4250 744 or (91) 80-4140-9000. My past experience with them (for Macbook service) was very good. I'm positive they will be able to help. Let us know.
Just got off the phone with them (can still use the headphones!) and they just repeated what has been mentioned a couple of pages ago on this thread:
- Hardware support is not provided in India for iPhones purchased elsewhere
- Unit has to be sent back either to France or to Singapore (nearest)
- Worldwide warranty is not offered on the iPhone. If it has been offered by someone, it is not valid in India
Old 22nd June 2011, 16:15   #3363
BHPian

Quote:
Just got off the phone with them (can still use the headphones!) and they just repeated what has been mentioned a couple of pages ago on this thread:
- Hardware support is not provided in India for iPhones purchased elsewhere
- Unit has to be sent back either to France or to Singapore (nearest)
- Worldwide warranty is not offered on the iPhone. If it has been offered by someone, it is not valid in India
How about getting AppleCare Protection Plan for the iPhone? Will this now cover warranty in India ?
Old 22nd June 2011, 16:59   #3364
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRV2010 View Post
How about getting AppleCare Protection Plan for the iPhone? Will this now cover warranty in India ?
No, it will only cover devices bought here in India. Apparently there are some legal restrictions due to binding agreements with the service providers here.

For me it doesnt make financial sense to ship the phone out to France, so I guess I will have to swallow the bitter pill and return to the grey market for workarounds. I dont know how long this mobilewala will entertain me with the workarounds. At some point he is bound to say that the money I paid will only last me 'x' number of fixes. The other option is that I take him to task for not fixing the issue properly in the first place. I just hate the fact that I have to run to him every couple of days for getting it fixed.

Apple does not allow service centres to touch these phones even when I am willing to pay. Very bad customer service
Old 22nd June 2011, 17:17   #3365
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
No, it will only cover devices bought here in India. Apparently there are some legal restrictions due to binding agreements with the service providers here.

For me it doesnt make financial sense to ship the phone out to France, so I guess I will have to swallow the bitter pill and return to the grey market for workarounds. I dont know how long this mobilewala will entertain me with the workarounds. At some point he is bound to say that the money I paid will only last me 'x' number of fixes. The other option is that I take him to task for not fixing the issue properly in the first place. I just hate the fact that I have to run to him every couple of days for getting it fixed.

Apple does not allow service centres to touch these phones even when I am willing to pay. Very bad customer service
try these guys.
Welcome at Zion Technologies , Repair Blackberry, repair blackberry india blackberry repair delhi,iphone repair delhi,i phone repair delhi,apple iphone repair delhi,iphone service center delhi,blackberry service center delhi,blackberry fix delhi,htc
TOUGHEES TELCOM- Blackberry iphone Htc Dealer Repair Service Centre Delhi

delhi is still cheaper than shipping to france...
Old 23rd June 2011, 14:29   #3366
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mail4ajo View Post
Any help on this query?
I use an app called CalAlarm. Look it up on the AppStore. It will keep ringing for calendar entries till you manually switch off the alarm. You will never miss another meeting again!
Old 24th June 2011, 00:24   #3367
Senior - BHPian

The home button of my 3GS had become unresponsive,thanks to my little cousin,and he had managed to crack it from inside,dont know how
I paid 1300 for its replacement,is it fine,or did i get ripped off?
Old 24th June 2011, 23:24   #3368
BHPian

Great news. 3GS in india price reduced to 19990
Source

Though late, guess its a better price.

EDIT : Bah! Just 8 GB. Guess they are dumping old stuff

Last edited by snorting bull : 24th June 2011 at 23:28.
Old 24th June 2011, 23:39   #3369
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by snorting bull
Great news. 3GS in india price reduced to 19990
Source

Though late, guess its a better price.

EDIT : Bah! Just 8 GB. Guess they are dumping old stuff
20k will get you a 16 in gaffar.
Maybe even a slightly used 4.
Old 26th June 2011, 12:27   #3370
BHPian

I heard that one can make video calls from iPhone4 to any other phone via an application called fring. Is this possible? Is it supported in India? Please confirm as I'm contemplating taking an iphone4 if this works.? Need your thoughts quickly on this. Thanks
Old 26th June 2011, 12:37   #3371
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vvrchandra
I heard that one can make video calls from iPhone4 to any other phone via an application called fring. Is this possible? Is it supported in India? Please confirm as I'm contemplating taking an iphone4 if this works.? Need your thoughts quickly on this. Thanks
I haven't tried it personally but yes, Fring allows video calls to other phones running the Fring app. Alternatively, you could also try Skype.
Old 26th June 2011, 12:38   #3372
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vvrchandra
Is that your criteria for buying the iPhone? Yes, you can use Skype or Tango to make video calls. Not sure about fring.
Old 26th June 2011, 14:29   #3373
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuel_addict View Post
Is that your criteria for buying the iPhone? Yes, you can use Skype or Tango to make video calls. Not sure about fring.
Till now, I was discarding the iPhone4 because one cannot make video calls from it on 3G to another phone. Now, If it is possible through an indirect route, then it can be a front runner. Other alternatives are SGS2 and HTC Sensation.
Old 26th June 2011, 15:04   #3374
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay4587 View Post
The home button of my 3GS had become unresponsive,thanks to my little cousin,and he had managed to crack it from inside,dont know how
I paid 1300 for its replacement,is it fine,or did i get ripped off?
I paid 600 for it in Chennai. The guy had a cheaper one for 300 too.
Old 26th June 2011, 23:26   #3375
BHPian

iOS 5 beta 2 released for the dev along with iTunes 10.5 beta 2
Changes:
Lockscreen notifications got an update from the UI department
iCloud logo becomes silver in settings
WiFi sync now works with iTunes for Mac

And much more stable..

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks