Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th July 2023, 13:54   #15676
Senior - BHPian

Re: The iPhone Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
XSMax with the 2 new iPhone 14 Promax.
Congratulations on the iPhones. Me and my wife are also using the same combo but different colours. I initially picked up a purple like yours from the US for my wife. After a few months I decided I wanted one too. Since my wife was not happy with the colour, I picked up a Gold (Same spec 14 Pro Max 256 GB dual eSIM) from Dubai. I took the purple for myself. Both phones have Spigen cases and tempered glass.
Incidentally I was also looking for an X as a secondary device.
Old 15th July 2023, 14:35   #15677
Senior - BHPian

I'm using the X as a secondary device. Fantastic phone, terrific screen
Quote:
Originally Posted by pedrolourenco View Post
Sebring is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th July 2023, 08:07   #15678
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pedrolourenco View Post
Congratulations on the iPhones. Me and my wife are also using the same combo but different colours. I initially picked up a purple like yours from the US for my wife. After a few months I decided I wanted one too. Since my wife was not happy with the colour, I picked up a Gold (Same spec 14 Pro Max 256 GB dual eSIM) from Dubai. I took the purple for myself. Both phones have Spigen cases and tempered glass.
Nice to know and congrats to you too.

Even my wife now feels Purple was not the right choice as she now likes the cream color of my iPhone 13 Promax.

Btw, I would never use a 4 year old model as a secondary phone. Too much has happened since.

Last edited by Aditya : 17th July 2023 at 05:07. Reason: Comment deleted
mobike008 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th July 2023, 13:20   #15679
BHPian

I just bought an iPhone 14 as a secondary. Ordered a Spigen backcase & looking for a good Magsafe charger cheaper than Apple. Any suggestions?
Any other magsafe accessories recommended?
Old 25th July 2023, 12:44   #15680
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oppanna View Post
I did read this thread about checking the number of charging cycles and was curious to see how many cycles phone has completed in last one month. I have enabled share iphone analytics option too but i am unable to see the log aggregated file at all!

Will this file be visible only if the phone is charged to 100% and not visible if the phone is regularly charged to less than 90%? I plug in when the battery is at 25% and unplug once the battery reaches 90%. Have only charged to 100% once on day 1 only.
I checked the battery capacity today and it is at 99% after 65 cycles in 3 months period. Picked up the phone on 9th April 2023.

Please let me know if this is fine for a 3 month old phone. This is my primary phone which is used for calls, music, camera and social media. No streaming youtube and games.

I plug in the charger once the battery reaches 40% and plug out when it reaches 85-90% and never charged to 100% except once or twice in the beginning.

I use the original apple brick and the charging cable which i got along with the phone.

Not that i am bothered too much about this degradation but was little curious as we do not have such feature in android phones which i used in the past. May be if it was available i would have kept a close watch and studied little more about how battery looses its capacity over time.
Old 25th July 2023, 13:28   #15681
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
I checked the battery capacity today and it is at 99% after 65 cycles in 3 months period. Picked up the phone on 9th April 2023.
Not very unusual, bought on 30th Sep 22, mine is showing 96 now.
Jaggu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th July 2023, 13:53   #15682
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
How is your usage pattern and charging habit? And by any chance you know how many cycles has been completed?
Old 25th July 2023, 15:16   #15683
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
Same with me. Bought on 24th Sep 22. Battery health is 96%.

Wife's iphone bought on 15th April 22 is showing 91% battery health. I believe a 10% decline in battery health for approx 1.5 years is fine.

September is approaching. Waiting for 15 lineup to see what Apple offers. I am quite contend with my iPhone 13 but will try to get Iphone 14 plus if there is a good deal in BBD sale.

@Mobike- congrats to you both. That purple shade is much nicer to look at in person than the pics. I wish we had such trade in options in India too.
Old 25th July 2023, 17:44   #15684
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
how many cycles has been completed?
Log says 807. Usage is quite heavy since it is my primary phone. I generally charge up when it goes near 30 to 50% and with optimised charging left overnight on charger.

Quote:
Originally Posted by harry10 View Post
Same with me. Bought on 24th Sep 22. Battery health is 96%.
In my case the drop happened over last 2 months, suddenly it went to 99 then to 97 and now settled at 96. Seems like it waited and suddenly started to recalibrate. Usage was always similar.

Anyhow I have 2 year apple care, if it degrades will claim that or move to new phone next year.
Jaggu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th July 2023, 18:10   #15685
A M
BHPian

My 12 mini just stopped charging from the lightning connector. I can only use a MagSafe or a regular wireless charger. There is no physical damage or liquid spill, neither did I use any third-party cables. Not sure what happened. It's out of warranty now, been almost 2 years. Any pointers what could be wrong? Planning to take it to service centre over the weekend.

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 25th July 2023 at 19:19. Reason: lightening > lightning
Old 25th July 2023, 19:43   #15686
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by A M View Post
My 12 mini just stopped charging from the lightning connector. I can only use a MagSafe or a regular wireless charger. There is no physical damage or liquid spill, neither did I use any third-party cables. Not sure what happened. It's out of warranty now, been almost 2 years. Any pointers what could be wrong? Planning to take it to service centre over the weekend.
If it’s possible, try with a different cable. I too had a similar issue with my 12 Pro. Got a new Belkin cable.
ashvek3141 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th July 2023, 20:28   #15687
BHPian

Quote:
See if there's lint stuck in your lightning port. Turn your phone off and clean it with a non metallic object e.g. toothpick!
lxskllr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th July 2023, 21:46   #15688
BHPian

Quote:
My 12 mini just stopped charging from the lightning connector.
Did you try to force restart your phone, most of the times it works for such minor glitches.

https://support.apple.com/en-sa/guid...h8903c3ee6/ios
NomadSK is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th July 2023, 23:21   #15689
BHPian

Quote:
I had somewhat similar issue with my iPhone few years back. There was dust accumulated in the charging socket of the phone. Just removed it using a thin pin and the charging started working like a charm
SNayak is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th July 2023, 11:59   #15690
A M
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lxskllr View Post
See if there's lint stuck in your lightning port.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SNayak View Post
There was dust accumulated in the charging socket of the phone.
Thanks for the suggestions. I cleaned it and it has started working again.
A M is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks