Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th September 2023, 13:40   #15826
BHPian

Re: The iPhone Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhp_maniac View Post
So, folks with older phones don't hesitate, overall it's a worthy update just for the fluid experience
Thank you for sharing the positive review. I shall update my 12 Pro via Macbook (iTunes) this time, just to see how the update performs. Also, I’m running low on storage space, hence.
ashvek3141 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th September 2023, 16:00   #15827
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NomadSK View Post
Writing mails/texting have been really a pain with this new iOS17, too many spelling mistakes, lag in typing, auto-correct and we have already the newer version 17.0.01 within few days, in addition battery is draining faster than before, hope it resolves these issues. Anyone else in the same boat ? I’m using 13pro.
Battery draining certainly was an issue with IOS 17. However with 17.0.01 this seems to be resolved atleast in my 13. I have never used iphone keyboard. I used SwiftKey when I had Samsung and from day 1 I am using the same in iphone 13 without any issues.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ex-innova-guy View Post
I am using a 13 Pro Max and am facing all the issues you have mentioned.

Apart from this I am not getting used to the Call Screen too when someone calls. It is simply weird and will take some time to get used to the Layout. I don’t know why they decided to change the layout which was the same since a very long time!
I hate the new call screen. For family members I have assigned contact posters so that looks cool when they call but for everyone else it looks hideous. The previous IOS 16 call screen was so much better. I hope they do something about this in future updates.
Old 24th September 2023, 21:03   #15828
BHPian

Can someone tell me what is the easiest way to transfer pictures from iPhone to Mac? I was used to transferring pics from iPhone to a Windows PC. Honestly, it was way more convenient as the process was just COPY & PASTE. Whenever I connected the iPhone to a windows PC , it used to open a folder wherein the pics were categorised into sub-folders. Just a copy-paste was all that was needed. However, this syncing thing on the Mac is kinda confusing and is quite frustrating and tie consuming. I don't want to sync all my pics onto my mac; just want to select a few and transfer those. Is there any simple way of doing this?
ashvek3141 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th September 2023, 21:15   #15829
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashvek3141 View Post
I don't want to sync all my pics onto my mac; just want to select a few and transfer those. Is there any simple way of doing this?
I think it's either full synchronisation or none. Full sync. via cloud works seamlessly. Maybe you can have two different accounts.

This is what google tells me, though the answer is from 2018, not sure if anything has changed.

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/8220631
Old 24th September 2023, 21:35   #15830

Very easy Abhishek. Actually, for easier than iOS + windows combo.

Connect your iPhone to Mac using the lightning cable to C port. Please make sure that your iPhone and Mac are using the same Apple ID. It will automatically open up the iPhone image folder - ask you to choose what you want to back up and voila ! If you want some specific pictures, you can choose those specific ones and transfer to Mac. The idea of an ecosystem of iPhone + Mac (both being yours) is that whatever is in your iPhone (image/videos/keychain/wallet etc) should get sync in your Mac by default as back up. You can set up your Mac in a way where you can delete some pictures in Mac which might remains in your phone and vice versa.

Now, if the Mac or IPhone - either one of them is not yours but you want to transfer specific pictures- the process would be little different. That is owing to the inherent secured nature of both the eco system.

A quicker solution would be to open Web WhatsApp or web ICloud - send the specific pictures from your phone to yourself / another number / WhatsApp / email draft - download it to the Mac.

Hope it would help.

Quote:
Can someone tell me what is the easiest way to transfer pictures from iPhone to Mac? I was used to transferring pics from iPhone to a Windows PC. Honestly, it was way more convenient as the process was just COPY & PASTE. Whenever I connected the iPhone to a windows PC , it used to open a folder wherein the pics were categorised into sub-folders. Just a copy-paste was all that was needed. However, this syncing thing on the Mac is kinda confusing and is quite frustrating and tie consuming. I don't want to sync all my pics onto my mac; just want to select a few and transfer those. Is there any simple way of doing this?
AmitSingapore is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th September 2023, 22:36   #15831
BHPian

Quote:
Can someone tell me what is the easiest way to transfer pictures from iPhone to Mac?
Airdrop is the easiest and quickest way to transfer pics on apple eco-system. However, I have iCloud and I can access my pics/data from anywhere.
NomadSK is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 25th September 2023, 00:57   #15832
BHPian

Hate the new contact screen in iOS 17. There’s no option to reduce the size of the contact image to what it earlier used to be. If anyone knows, pray tell! A full screen photo when someone calls just looks too tacky in my opinion. Yes, I do want a photo of a loved one when they call, but not in such in-your-face fashion.

P.s. iOS 17.0.1 is working well on both my devices, 12 pro & 13 as well. No niggles or battery issues. The keyboard seems to have become more fluid and easy to type.
IamNikhil is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th September 2023, 03:33   #15833
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I don't want to sync all my pics onto my mac; just want to select a few and transfer those. Is there any simple way of doing this?
Not sure if you are a new Mac user. But, Airdrop is the easiest way to transfer pics between Apple devices.

I never used any other method.
mobike008 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 25th September 2023, 08:12   #15834
Team-BHP Support

Photos should be working on both Mac (iMac / MacBook) and iPhones. I don't think, I ever synched anything, but, once I log in into any new device using same Apple ID, everything gets synched.
Sheel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th September 2023, 10:18   #15835
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmitSingapore View Post
Connect your iPhone to Mac using the lightning cable to C port. Please make sure that your iPhone and Mac are using the same Apple ID. It will automatically open up the iPhone image folder - ask you to choose what you want to back up and voila !
By image folder, I presume you mean the PHOTOS app on the Mac. That’s exactly how I ended up transferring the pics. It also gives you an option to delete the respective picture from the iPhone once they’ve been transferred to the Mac. Saves you the hassle of deleting them individually from the iPhone. Neat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Not sure if you are a new Mac user. But, Airdrop is the easiest way to transfer pics between Apple devices.
True, airdrop is the most convenient method; however, I had like 5k + pics to be transferred from my iPhone and also wanted em to be deleted from the iPhone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheel View Post
Photos should be working on both Mac (iMac / MacBook) and iPhones. I don't think, I ever synched anything, but, once I log in into any new device using same Apple ID, everything gets synched.
Maybe the syncing thing didn’t quite work as my Mac is a 256 gb variant and the available free space is hardly 80 gigs.

For the very reason, my iPhone too wasn’t backed up on the Mac during the iOS install. However, I did manage to update the iPhone without the back up via Mac.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NomadSK View Post
Airdrop is the easiest and quickest way to transfer pics on apple eco-system. However, I have iCloud and I can access my pics/data from anywhere.
As stupid as it may sound but I haven’t subscribed to the iCloud. I’m still on the 5 GB tier.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IamNikhil View Post
Hate the new contact screen in iOS 17.

P.s. iOS 17.0.1 is working well on both my devices, 12 pro & 13 as well. No niggles or battery issues. The keyboard seems to have become more fluid and easy to type.
Quote:
I shall update my 12 Pro via Macbook (iTunes) this time, just to see how the update performs. Also, I’m running low on storage space, hence.
Updated my 12 Pro last night from iOS 16.3 to iOS 17.0.1 via Mac. Though I took the risk of updating without a back up, it was a smooth update process, thankfully!

Initial impressions aren’t anything great as such. One will be hard pressed to call it an ‘update’ even. There’s absolutely NO difference between the iOS 16 and 17! Hate these incremental updates from Apple now.

Agree with the contact cards - they’re PATHETIC!
I’m not noticing any lag in general as reported by other users, nor is the experience any fluid either. It’s just like how it was with the iOS 16. However, I’m noticing a few typos when I type with my normal style. I don’t use auto-correct though; however, some words are auto-corrected by default. Somehow, not quite comfortable with typing after the update.
I’ve also noticed minor stutter suring scrolling.

There are some minor UI changes here and there, like the Safari browser, camera / photos UI, haptics and new subtle tones for the notifications, etc.

Surprisingly, the battery health has remained put at 84%. However, there is an increase in the drain rate which is normal for a new major update. Overnight battery drain is ~10% with Wi-fi & Mobile Data ON. Need to see how it performs in due to course.

Last edited by ashvek3141 : 25th September 2023 at 10:22.
ashvek3141 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th September 2023, 13:26   #15836
BHPian

Is there anyone who is facing the volume going down automatically when you play any audio/video?

I have updated to latest software and experiencing this issue for last two days. Restarted the phone as advised by the customer care/internet but issue persists.
Old 26th September 2023, 15:55   #15837
BHPian

I have also upgraded my iphone mini to ios 17.0.1 after sitting on the fence with regards to these new and heavy software updates for older devices. My main reason for update were the security updates which accompany each ios version and airpods.
I recently purchased airpods pro (2nd gen) via good 5K discount and music + software experience of using airpods has increased multi-fold with ios17 - especially with features like adaptive noise cancellation, personalised volume etc. As i have to commute almost 2 hrs each day - airpods are good to go accessories for my commute and have become better with ios17.
Turbo_anup is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th September 2023, 11:24   #15838
Team-BHP Support

Updated my iPhone 11 to iOS 17.0.1 and consequently to iOS 17.0.2 without any drama.
The changes within Safari was a bit over the place for me initially, as well as the need to do an additional click when Deleting all pics from the Deleted pics folder, but got used to them quick.

Some updates such as auto cleanup of two factor authentication messages is worth a mention.
benbsb29 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 27th September 2023, 16:49   #15839
BHPian

Guys, quick question - how do you enable the setting wherein the phone CANNOT be switched off when locked, unless you provide the passcode. I think this was available in iOS 16 but it seems that iOS 17 doesn't have it. Or am I missing something?

This was one of the security features in case you lose your phone and someone tries to switch it off.
Old 27th September 2023, 17:21   #15840
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by N.A.GTC View Post
I got myself an iPhone 15 yesterday. My first iPhone, been an Android user throughout.

For a moment had considered iPhone 15 Pro too, but the action button (more particularly, absence of the volume switch button) put me off.
I'm in the same boat, contemplating if I should switch to iphone (15) from an android (Oneplus), and if absence of ringer/silence switch will be a big deal.

Another aspect that's important to me is the absence of higher refresh rate in non-pro models. Almost all android phones offer 90 or 120 Hz refresh rate which makes display really smooth to operate. I don't think I can go back to a lesser refresh rate. Iphone pro models offer it, but at a steep premium.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks