Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th September 2023, 22:37   #15796
BHPian

Re: The iPhone Thread

The new iOS 17.0 has added a lovely new Wallpaper for car enthusiasts.
It can be found by Settings -> Wallpaper -> Emoji -> 2nd Last in that

Here’s it:-
The iPhone Thread-img_5226.png
This is the Default One

The iPhone Thread-img_5227.png
I did a small DIY and changed one emoji

You have options to add upto 6 emojis.

Personally I like them because I like to keep my wallpapers simple and this just does the job.
ex-innova-guy is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 20th September 2023, 23:00   #15797

Hi all,

Thanks for your inputs. 256 GB version for either 14 or 15, don't think so it will be down to 60k during the upcoming Flipkart sales. As I said, i really need a stable phone urgently as I'm fed up of charging my s21fe atleast twice a day, the worst part is that I got this one only 6 months back. Yes, ideally getting a 14 would be a wiser choice however it uses a15 chip only. The cameras are same as well, so the only thing that I'm compromising on is one extra year of software support. I can manage with that.
Old 22nd September 2023, 11:32   #15798
BHPian

My iPhone 11 no longer showing mobile network. I updated to iOS 17 2 days back. It worked fine till I also updated my Apple watch Ultra software to 10 today morning. Now there is no network in mobile. The cellular Apple watch is working fine when disconnected from phone Bluetooth or when its away from mobile. I saw another update for iPhone and I updated again but no change. It looks like the eSIM in watch has become the primary and the only active plan.

Last edited by Wanderers : 22nd September 2023 at 11:59.
Old 22nd September 2023, 18:07   #15799
BHPian

Writing mails/texting have been really a pain with this new iOS17, too many spelling mistakes, lag in typing, auto-correct and we have already the newer version 17.0.01 within few days, in addition battery is draining faster than before, hope it resolves these issues. Anyone else in the same boat ? I’m using 13pro.
Attached Thumbnails
The iPhone Thread-img_5985.jpeg  

Last edited by NomadSK : 22nd September 2023 at 18:34.
NomadSK is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd September 2023, 19:10   #15800
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NomadSK View Post
Anyone else in the same boat ? I’m using 13pro.
I am using a 13 Pro Max and am facing all the issues you have mentioned.

Apart from this I am not getting used to the Call Screen too when someone calls. It is simply weird and will take some time to get used to the Layout. I don’t know why they decided to change the layout which was the same since a very long time!
ex-innova-guy is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd September 2023, 23:34   #15801
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wanderers View Post
My iPhone 11 no longer showing mobile network. I updated to iOS 17 2 days back.
Quote:
Writing mails/texting have been really a pain with this new iOS17,
Quote:
Originally Posted by ex-innova-guy View Post
I am using a 13 Pro Max and am facing all the issues you have mentioned.
Apple staying true to it’s tradition of launching BUGGY iOS updates !! It’s amazes me as to how a company like Apple can repeatedly launch such hopeless updates, that too for such a major launch which is supposedly ‘most awaited’. Moreover, I don’t see that there’s any drastic change in the 17 like we had in the 11; yet these issues are frustrating for the end user, especially for the premium devices. I don’t think I’ll be wrong when I say that majority of the people shell out the premium for the ‘seamless Apple experience’ over anything else. But issues like these only make matters worse for the users.

For the very reason I’m still running iOS 16.3 on my 12 Pro since a very long time. I was thinking to update my iPhone to iOS 17; but seems like that wouldn’t be quite a good idea for now.

Anyone has updated their 12 Pro here, just to know they’ve any good reviews to share?
ashvek3141 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 22nd September 2023, 23:48   #15802
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashvek3141 View Post
Anyone has updated their 12 Pro here, just to know they’ve any good reviews to share?
My wife updated her 12Pro and she’s having the same issues with her phone plus curser has its mind of its own, flickering screen at times and crashing/freezing on at times. And what’s the blue line below the texts even if it’s correct ? This is the first time I have seen such a worst/irritating update of iOS.

Seems like a deliberate attempt by apple to make us upgrade to their new phones.
NomadSK is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd September 2023, 00:17   #15803
BHPian

Quote:
This is the first time I have seen such a worst/irritating update of iOS.

Seems like a deliberate attempt by apple to make us upgrade to their new phones.
I don’t know how they have rolled out such a worse update even though the Beta version was out by Late June. This gives them enough time to solve the bugs but they simply chose not to.
Old 23rd September 2023, 09:39   #15804
BHPian

I got myself an iPhone 15 yesterday. My first iPhone, been an Android user throughout.

For a moment had considered iPhone 15 Pro too, but the action button (more particularly, absence of the volume switch button) put me off. I know the action button can be configured to control volume, but that just didn't click with me. I like the option of just touching the phone to know whether it is on silent or not -- have been using OnePlus prior to this, and its volume switch probably spoiled me. Plus, holding the iPhone 15 Pro in hand alongside the 15 non-pro just didn't feel any more premium, despite the titanium and the finish. So didn't find any point in spending that extra money.

As someone who has been using MacBooks for a long while and has seen many Apple devices closely, I really feel Apple is just not operating at the level it used to. But my SO, who has been using an iPhone for about 7 years, insisted I give this a shot.

I intend to use this as a secondary phone for now. The android remains. Will try to separate the personal-usage-phone & the work-phone. Any tips on how to be efficient about this are welcome.

Would also welcome any tips/suggestions on whether there are any particular accessories/covers/lamination(?) I should go for. Using it without any covers, etc. for now though. I realise that this is a very noob query, lol.
Old 23rd September 2023, 10:17   #15805
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by N.A.GTC View Post
Would also welcome any tips/suggestions on whether there are any particular accessories/covers/lamination(?) I should go for. Using it without any covers, etc. for now though. I realise that this is a very noob query, lol.
You can order a Spigen Case and Tempered Glass from Amazon. These are one of the best ones out there and can vouch for them.

The Ultra Hybrid variants of Spigen are really good and offer good protection while making the phone not very bulky. You can choose some designs and colours as per your choice. There are some cases which are MagSafe compatible and you can have a look at them if you’re interested.

Please avoid silicon cases or any case which is generally very soft as this will give minimal protection and the case colour fades out too.

You can also look at some cases from Otterbox and Urban Armor Gear but these are a bit costly and make the phone very bulky.
ex-innova-guy is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd September 2023, 10:28   #15806
BHPian

Quote:
Writing mails/texting have been really a pain with this new iOS17, too many spelling mistakes, lag in typing, auto-correct and we have already the newer version 17.0.01 within few days, in addition battery is draining faster than before, hope it resolves these issues. Anyone else in the same boat ? I’m using 13pro.
13 pro max, running 17.0.1 apart from slightly rough Safari tab scrolling, haven’t had any of these or any other issues. iOS 17 is brilliant, smooth like butter. Coupled with pro motion, it’s the smoothest smartphone experience one can possibly experience. iOS 16 was good but nowhere near as smooth.
AJ56 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd September 2023, 10:39   #15807
BHPian

Quote:
My wife updated her 12Pro and she’s having the same issues with her phone plus curser has its mind of its own, flickering screen at times and crashing/freezing on at times. And what’s the blue line below the texts even if it’s correct ? This is the first time I have seen such a worst/irritating update of iOS.

My 12 with 84% battery health is performing better than iOS 16. Have some minor bugs here and there but no major issues found.

PS: I always perform major iOS update from iTunes using the ipsw file instead of OTA.
Old 23rd September 2023, 11:17   #15808
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJ56 View Post
iOS 17 is brilliant, smooth like butter. Coupled with pro motion, it’s the smoothest smartphone experience one can possibly experience.
Seems like Apple is keen to focus on the newer generation of iPhones with the latest and greatest and hence the older phones with say the 60 Hz and earlier gen chipsets aren’t quite compatible with the 17 as a result of which they are plagued with bugs. I’m just assuming this, may not be entirely true but any company will surely focus their resources into something that is latest and better speced.

I’m keen to read reviews of the iOS 17 update on the older device like the XS’s / 11’s.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbhishekNigam View Post
My 12 with 84% battery health is performing better than iOS 16. Have some minor bugs here and there but no major issues found.
My 12 Pro is at same battery health levels albeit with poor storage; free storage is barely 2 GB. Does the available free space has any role to play in a clean and smooth software update? I mean will the update perform better if one was to have a handsome 20-25 GB free space instead of say 6-7 GB ?

Quote:
PS: I always perform major iOS update from iTunes using the ipsw file instead of OTA.
Sorry for my noob question, but does this mean that you install by connecting it to the Mac or windows device?

I have a MBA M2, will it be a good idea to perform an update through the same? All these years I’ve always got it done OTA.

Is there any difference by doing it via Mac / iTunes?
Old 23rd September 2023, 11:51   #15809
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashvek3141 View Post
Apple staying true to it’s tradition of launching BUGGY iOS updates
I changed the SIM and things are fine now. Earlier there was non-smooth scrolling and sticky screens but things are fine except that the battery is draining at much faster pace now.
Old 23rd September 2023, 12:23   #15810
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wanderers View Post
I changed the SIM and things are fine now. Earlier there was non-smooth scrolling and sticky screens but things are fine except that the battery is draining at much faster pace now.
Okay, that’s good. With regards to the battery it is generally associated with the initial indexing of the new update. Should ideally settle down in a week maybe. However, there are a few reports of high battery drain in the older iPhones. Do keep us updated in a week or so.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks