Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th July 2008, 10:52   #796
BHPian

I havent jumped on the 2.0 wagon yet. Maybe after the next firmware is released.

In the meantime, how about starting a thread of your favorite iPhone Apps, and why.
Old 28th July 2008, 14:04   #797
Senior - BHPian

The 3G iPhone with Vodafone is being launched on August 18 - according to tech2.com

Is this correct ?
Old 28th July 2008, 19:42   #798
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by normally_crazy View Post
The 3G iPhone with Vodafone is being launched on August 18 - according to tech2.com

Is this correct ?
Highly unlikely since the earliest launch that iPhone will see internationally (read as any new country) will be Aug 21, according to more reliable apple rumor's
Old 28th July 2008, 19:46   #799
Team-BHP Support

Unstability of the 2 firmware is reported as due to 3rd part applications rather than the firmware itself, and 90% of the cases a simple restart/updating the application with latest version of the applications (as and when available) helps. These are reports from iPhone users.
Old 28th July 2008, 21:27   #800
Senior - BHPian

I agree with Jaggu, I download very few 3rd party apps & till now have 100% reliability on 2.0 firmware. Be sensible & it won't go wrong on you!
Old 31st July 2008, 10:12   #801
Team-BHP Support

iPhone 3G CRACKED!!

Yes you heard it right, now dont rush out to pick one up though, coz the phone just cracked up in real (case of the phone rather).

iClarified - Apple News - 3G iPhone Owners Report Case is Cracking

3G iPhone owners are noticing that hairline cracks are appearing around the volume buttons and headphone jack.

These cracks are especially noticed by owners with the white 16gb iPhone.

Old 1st August 2008, 09:33   #802
BHPian

This might be of interest to Samurai-san wrt iPhone SDK

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9to5mac.com
Now that Apple is letting Apps developers know how many downloads their Apps are receiving, some successful coders are getting quite the positive "shell shock". Part-time developers who didn't know if they were making the monthly minimum($250) or not are finding out they have huge paychecks coming their way.

Eliza Block, our favorite crossword puzzle developer, found out she's almost hitting $2000/day lately - which, according to her, was totally unexpected. But, she deserves it...her app is the best of the breed, filling a need that many people want. The amazing thing is that Apple has taken care of everything from the development envoironment to the transaction services to the distribution to the marketing. You can be a great software developer on your own without having a huge company to back you up. This is truly a game changing play for Apple and the development community.
Source
Old 6th August 2008, 13:58   #803
BHPian

Airtel to launch 3G iPhone on Aug 22

Quote:
Apple's iPhone, the touch screen handset that acquired a cult status in the US and other western countries, will be available to Indian mobile users through Bharti Airtel at the stroke of midnight on August 21, giving competitors like Nokia, Samsung and others a run for their money.

Millions of Airtel subscribers will be able to purchase the iPhone at Airtel's Relationship Centres from August 22, a company statement said in New Delhi.

"iPhone has been an iconic technological revelation of this year and Airtel has been at the forefront of innovation and customer delight in the Indian telecom sector," Sanjay Kapoor, President, Bharti Airtel mobile services, said.

iPhone is embedded with all 3G features and is twice as fast as the existing mobile phones. The phone also has in-built GPS system, that facilitates as a navigation and positioning tool.

US-based Apple has tied up with Airtel and Vodafone to bring iPhone in the country.

Asked at what price it will be available, Bharti Airtel officials declined to give details.

"Introducing iPhone in India further underscores Bharti's commitment to enrich the communication experience of Airtel users," Kapoor said.

Leading cell phone makers like Nokia, Motorola and Samsung have stepped up their R&D efforts to bring feature rich phones in India to compete iPhones.

Vodafone is also slated to bring Apples's iPhone this year.
Airtel to launch 3G iPhone on Aug 22 - The Financial Express
Old 6th August 2008, 22:54   #804
BHPian

After reading all this I feel that it was good that I bought the version 1 Iphone and cracked it.I have the 16 gb iphone which I had bought in Feburary for about 425$ .

I have the crack for version 2 also if someone needs it .

Buying the data plan for 29.99$ is worthless.No point paying 480$ extra for a year.
I believe airtel will do something similar by selling the 3G data plan for like 1000 bucks per month.I am still not clear how the GPS will turn out to be in India.
Here it works perfect.
There are rumours of Iphone shuffle and Iphone Nano being launched in December which should be super cool.

Here are some pics

The iPhone Thread-picture14.jpg
Old 6th August 2008, 22:58   #805
BANNED

Airtel, Vodafone to launch iPhone on Aug 22
Old 7th August 2008, 00:56   #806
Senior - BHPian

Baaahhhh....too late! I already have a 3G iPhone with me! Brother got it, all black!
Old 7th August 2008, 03:37   #807
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iraghava View Post
Baaahhhh....too late! I already have a 3G iPhone with me! Brother got it, all black!
Did you manage to get it unlocked?
Old 7th August 2008, 08:24   #808
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxj2005 View Post
There are rumours of Iphone shuffle and Iphone Nano being launched in December which should be super cool.
Is there any copyright or royalty in these names? Nano, suffle? iPod, and now iPhone!!! Wondering how Tata got this name - TATA NANO
Old 7th August 2008, 09:31   #809
BHPian

In fact, both Airtel & Vodafone are launching iPhone on August 22, 08. Check this ... Business-Standard :: Airtel, Vodafone to launch iPhone in India on Aug 22.
Old 7th August 2008, 10:37   #810
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjothi View Post
Is there any copyright or royalty in these names? Nano, suffle? iPod, and now iPhone!!! Wondering how Tata got this name - TATA NANO
I think since they are not competing in the same field, then they can use the name without issue. Via also has a Nano processor which competes against Intel Atom.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iraghava View Post
Ishan bai, please be very careful with the iPhone3G. There have been reports of cracks appearing in the back, more noticable in the white version.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks