Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th September 2010, 18:38   #2296
Distinguished - BHPian

Hey guys...got a iPhone 4 32GB factory unlocked version on Thursday. This is after using a 32gig 3GS for many months. So far so good. Ordered the Otter Box Defender case which should be on its way. It makes the phone a little 'bulky' but nothing I've used protects a phone better. Differences from the 3GS:
a) the display is better but not that much better (when compared with the 3gs as Apple's marketing talk would make it out to be
b) Phone is more responsive.
c) Havent experienced the death grip so far...further usage would tell.

Transfered all my apps, contact and settings from a backup to the new phone. Restore works like a charm!

Cheers!
Old 4th September 2010, 18:56   #2297
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by R2D2 View Post
Hey guys...got a iPhone 4 32GB factory unlocked version on Thursday. This is after using a 32gig 3GS for many months. So far so good. Ordered the Otter Box Defender case which should be on its way. It makes the phone a little 'bulky' but nothing I've used protects a phone better. Differences from the 3GS:
a) the display is better but not that much better (when compared with the 3gs as Apple's marketing talk would make it out to be
b) Phone is more responsive.
c) Havent experienced the death grip so far...further usage would tell.

Transfered all my apps, contact and settings from a backup to the new phone. Restore works like a charm!

Cheers!
Congrats on the new buy. The case indeed makes it look bulky. Unlike 3gs which was more curvy and rounded, this is more rectangle based which doesn't hide the bulk.

I agree with you on the display. Its all marketing talk. Did you try multi-tasking? If yes, did you find any lag?

Did the bars on phone went down a notch or two when u held the death grip? Its around 3/4 way from the top. You can't exactly get it but you have to try to get that grip and then see the signal bars dance up and down
Old 4th September 2010, 19:27   #2298
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chevelle View Post
Congrats on the new buy. The case indeed makes it look bulky. Unlike 3gs which was more curvy and rounded, this is more rectangle based which doesn't hide the bulk.

I agree with you on the display. Its all marketing talk. Did you try multi-tasking? If yes, did you find any lag?

Did the bars on phone went down a notch or two when u held the death grip? Its around 3/4 way from the top. You can't exactly get it but you have to try to get that grip and then see the signal bars dance up and down
Thanks Chevelle. Funnily I havent been using the phone for the past 2 days. It is slim and I am worried it will slip outa my hands. Waiting for the case to arrive from the US before I give it a workout. What I posted above were my initial impressions. I will come back with a few more observations after I begin using the phone to the max.

Cheers!
Old 6th September 2010, 10:55   #2299
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Hey guys...got a iPhone 4 32GB factory unlocked version on Thursday.
Hey where did you buy it from and how much you paid.

I have been running 4.1 GM OS for last few days and it indeed has brought back the speed to the puny 3G, so a must upgrade when it comes out on 8th US time
Old 6th September 2010, 11:59   #2300
Senior - BHPian

Should i be worried?

Guys, Here is a rumor or true news

Death Grip Fixed: Mexican Carrier Exec

BottomLine: It says from sept 30, white version is coming, which will solve the death grip. I have 30 days full refund period still active. Does it make sense to return the current one and wait?

Will 4.1 solve this issue? Apple was suppose to launch a software upgrade. What happened of it?

Any ideas?
Old 6th September 2010, 12:46   #2301
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Guys, Here is a rumor or true news

Death Grip Fixed: Mexican Carrier Exec

Will 4.1 solve this issue? Apple was suppose to launch a software upgrade. What happened of it?
Yes that rumor has be floating around for last week or two, especially since the free bumper offer is till Oct. People are speculating that apple will fix it with a new antenna.

4.1 will not fix the issue, since its NOT a software issue. If you want to try you can download the GM version floating around or wait till Sep 8th for apple to make it available over iTunes.
Old 6th September 2010, 17:15   #2302
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
Yes that rumor has be floating around for last week or two, especially since the free bumper offer is till Oct. People are speculating that apple will fix it with a new antenna.

4.1 will not fix the issue, since its NOT a software issue. If you want to try you can download the GM version floating around or wait till Sep 8th for apple to make it available over iTunes.
Apple has stated that they are gonna give free bumper or case to those who have bought iphone 4 in june, july, aug, sept months. The offer is valid till Sept 30. Now why would they do this case program till Sept 30? I think they are gonna change some hardware from phones manufactured after october which will solve the issue. I wonder why did they launch it in first place when it had such a serious issue. Competition from Android phones?

I would rather wait for 4.1 to be available over iTunes. Don't wanna mess up the Apple's warranty. As such they are head-strong in that department.
Old 7th September 2010, 11:18   #2303
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
I would rather wait for 4.1 to be available over iTunes. Don't wanna mess up the Apple's warranty. As such they are head-strong in that department.
Yup good idea, but GM or gold master release wont mess up warranty. Its only a day more so you can wait
Old 8th September 2010, 19:36   #2304
BHPian

iOS 4.1 getting released today. Hope we can download it tomorrow onwards, but those who jailbreaked, kindly stay away and wait for Jailbreak for the same.
Old 10th September 2010, 13:49   #2305
Senior - BHPian

Upgrade the 4 to 4.1 today. It was a smooth installation. Haven't yet tested the 3G, so don't know if any improvements is there. Used multi-tasking and it is good to have feature. Nothing extra ordinary. Will try HDR soon. Digital zoom -5x is now included. Felt the camera start up time is still long. Takes too much time to start, by then some on-the spot shots are missed. C905 is better in that regards, its fast.
Old 10th September 2010, 14:43   #2306
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sam003 View Post
iOS 4.1 getting released today. Hope we can download it tomorrow onwards, but those who jailbreaked, kindly stay away and wait for Jailbreak for the same.
Here's the news
iOS 4.1 has been jailbroken
Old 10th September 2010, 20:19   #2307
Senior - BHPian

Bhpians with iPhone 3G, need your feedback on how good or bad is MS Exchange email access on iPhone 3G?
Old 10th September 2010, 20:45   #2308
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by finneyp View Post
Bhpians with iPhone 3G, need your feedback on how good or bad is MS Exchange email access on iPhone 3G?
I have used Nokia's messaging centre on the N96 & N97 + the iPhone 3GS with my company's Exch server. The Apple solution is way better and more elegant.

Cheers!
Old 10th September 2010, 22:45   #2309
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I have used Nokia's messaging centre on the N96 & N97 + the iPhone 3GS with my company's Exch server. The Apple solution is way better and more elegant.
Thanks pal for this info, itz good news to me!
I liked iPhone, just wanted to confirm this essential feature before I plan to buy one.
Old 12th September 2010, 15:04   #2310
Senior - BHPian

I am looking for a converter - preferably .MKV to .MP4 for iphone4.

Any recommendations?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks