Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st October 2010, 20:27   #2446
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyingspur View Post
Any recommended anti-theft or post-theft tracking application to download?
I heard that google lattitude works with iphone now.
Old 21st October 2010, 20:37   #2447
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by sam003 View Post
Is it a jailbreak iphone? If yes do the following:

Put your original sim (AT&T) one and jailbreak again from start. access Youtube and safari from it and check everything. Once all set, put your sim and test.
No, my iPhone was always a free being.

Anyway, I solved the ringtone issue by using iRinger.
Old 22nd October 2010, 19:04   #2448
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by prateekm View Post
One of my friend has been offered by his friend a unused iPhone 4. It will be a jailbroken one (the guy gets them from US). He is saying 10,000 for iPhone 4. I feel there is something shady since it is being offered at such a low price. Is it even possible for his to get it at such low prices or like I feel, he is a tout?
If its a genuine piece its a STEAL! If he bought the phone under contract from US and wants to give away the handset alone, then price can be that low.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivekiny2k View Post
I heard that google lattitude works with iphone now.
Its been working for a long time now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai View Post
No, my iPhone was always a free being.

Anyway, I solved the ringtone issue by using iRinger.
How about the wifi issue? Did you resolve it?
Old 23rd October 2010, 23:35   #2449
BHPian

Anyone know how to transfer iphone camera pics to PC. OS 4.1 and itune 10 doesn't give an option of iphone as disk.
Old 24th October 2010, 12:23   #2450

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai View Post
I created one custom ring tone using iTunes and copied it to the iPhone, it worked.

Next I created two more ringtones same way and copied to the iPhone. Now one of the newer ringtone is showing up, other two are not visible. I can see all the 3 ringtones under my device in iTunes, but I only see one ringtone in the custom ringtone list in the iPhone. What gives?
I have a workaround... Yesterday I was trying to do the same thing but failed to do it and also I lost my music (customized) on iPhone.

You can do following from my observations (with the help of Googling)...

(1) keep all the Ringtones in same folder and add this folder in iTunes (part of Ringtones tab)
After connecting the device,
(2) Drag these ringtne files to Device (and do not try to place it in Ringtone tab of the iPhone... while doing this it selects as box) and drop it

This should work ....
Old 24th October 2010, 15:00   #2451
BHPian

ok, question guys. I usually jailbreak ipods, but i have no expierence with the iphone. My friend has a iphone 3G and its already unlocked by software, jailbroken and he's using it with Airtel here. Now he's on firmware 3.1.3 and wants to upgrade to 4.1 but wants to preserve the unlock and jailbreak. How can he do this? i know about pwnagetool and ultrasnow, but how exactly can i do this on his phone?
Old 24th October 2010, 20:44   #2452
Senior - BHPian

Kind gents, please suggest ways to control my battery from draining out like crazy. I do game quite a lot, but not that much wifi (less than an hour a day, maybe half an hour). Brightness and everything in check. 3G and data are off.
Old 25th October 2010, 10:28   #2453
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by sam003 View Post
Anyone know how to transfer iphone camera pics to PC. OS 4.1 and itune 10 doesn't give an option of iphone as disk.
Do you get the transfer picture pop up when you connect the phone, if so there should be a manage link at the bottom and when you click that you can see the folder of the phone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliAtenza View Post
ok, question guys. I usually jailbreak ipods, but i have no expierence with the iphone. My friend has a iphone 3G and its already unlocked by software, jailbroken and he's using it with Airtel here. Now he's on firmware 3.1.3 and wants to upgrade to 4.1 but wants to preserve the unlock and jailbreak. How can he do this? i know about pwnagetool and ultrasnow, but how exactly can i do this on his phone?
iClarified - Apple News and Tutorials but i think 4.1 JB and unlock is out only for mac, wait for couple of days for windows.

Quote:
Kind gents, please suggest ways to control my battery from draining out like crazy. I do game quite a lot, but not that much wifi (less than an hour a day, maybe half an hour). Brightness and everything in check. 3G and data are off.
Which model is this, is it JB.

First thing to do is run a complete battery cycle of charging to full and then discharging it fully and then charging it again. If this doesnt work, try a restore. On the other hand gaming does drain a bit, esp when the vibrator is ON.
Old 25th October 2010, 12:15   #2454
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliAtenza View Post
I had 4.0.1 on my 3G and it slowed the phone to a crawl. I restored it back to 3.1.3 and its back to its peppy self. 4.1 would be wayyy too heavy for the 3G processor. I would suggest to keep it to 3.1.3 itself.

Prajwal
Old 25th October 2010, 12:17   #2455
Team-BHP Support

^^ 4.1 fixed the lag issue and my 3G phone is running fine for more than a month i guess. Its a clean install, no JB etc.
Old 25th October 2010, 18:23   #2456
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
Which model is this, is it JB.

First thing to do is run a complete battery cycle of charging to full and then discharging it fully and then charging it again. If this doesnt work, try a restore. On the other hand gaming does drain a bit, esp when the vibrator is ON.
3GS 8GB. 4.0 and jailbroken / software unlocked. The problemo is that most of the gaming happens during college lectures but then the phone has to be on silent as a result
Old 25th October 2010, 18:27   #2457
Team-BHP Support

You can switch off the vibrator function in silent mode, under sound. Try that.
Old 25th October 2010, 18:44   #2458
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
3GS 8GB. 4.0 and jailbroken / software unlocked. The problemo is that most of the gaming happens during college lectures but then the phone has to be on silent as a result
Oh, poor you. College life has become really tough these days. We didn't have to worry about such things in our college days 20 years back.
Old 26th October 2010, 16:02   #2459
BHPian

iOS 4.1 Security Issue - Bypassing the Lock Screen to Make Calls

Just hear about this. Wanted to share the same

Source : iOS 4.1 Security Issue - Bypassing the Lock Screen to Make Calls - Mac Forums

When you iPhone is locked with a passcode tap Emergency Call, then enter a non-emergency number such as ###. Next tap the call button and immediately hit the lock button. It should open up the Phone app where you can see all your contacts, call any number, etc.
Old 26th October 2010, 20:37   #2460
Team-BHP Support

Me got iPhone 4

Finally i managed to get a 32 gig iPhone 4 from UAE, thanks to a good friend Costed me INR 34,200/- bought from DU (telecom operator). All phones sold in UAE are officially unlocked, so need not worry about switching sims.

Only issue it came with 4.0.2 and as soon as one updates to 4.1, Facetime is blocked thanks to a stupid interpretation of law by Apple. Reports suggest this will be sorted out by the time next update comes out. Anyways for me it doesn't matter, coz i don't know any one with iPhone 4 to call right now. On the other hand HDR and game center is more important for me.

Am loving it though, especially a quantum jump from my old iPhone 3G.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks