Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software

Search this Thread
Old 3rd November 2010, 16:05   #2476

Iphone Battery issue

My 3 months old Jailbreak iPhone is taking extra time to get charged and it is also getting heated while on charging. The battery is also lasting less than half a day with moderate usage. The problem started from last 3 days only and I don't remember if I have done anything different or any new install. Earlier the phone used to get charged in less than 3 hours and use to last for whole day with medium usage of email and phone. Now with 5 hours on wall charger it is getting charged to less than 50%. I have tried the complete drainage of battery and full charge as well but it is not helping. Not sure why it is getting heated as well while charging because I haven't faced any issue of heating up before.

What could be the possible reason? Has anybody else faced similar issue. Any pointers are highly appriciated
Old 4th November 2010, 10:56   #2477
Team-BHP Support

Do a complete Restore and if you are particular jailbreak also. This should fix the issue.
Old 5th November 2010, 12:33   #2478
BHPian

how is tethering in iphone 4 in India? Anyone tried 3g with laptop. how are the speeds
Old 5th November 2010, 13:15   #2479
Team-BHP Support

^^ If you have 3G connection its really good speeds, BSNL gives me 1.8 mbps, whereas airtel EDGE is only for basic browsing and emails.
Old 6th November 2010, 04:11   #2480
BHPian

guys, i need to update my friend's iphone to 4.1. Her phone is on 3.1.2 and she is software unlocked. What is the procedure for this?
Old 6th November 2010, 06:20   #2481
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliAtenza View Post
guys, i need to update my friend's iphone to 4.1. Her phone is on 3.1.2 and she is software unlocked. What is the procedure for this?
Don't do it because there is no unlock for 4.1 yet! Should be out in a few days though when iOS 4.2 comes out.

I am waiting for 4.1 unlock too because I passed my old iPhone 3GS to my GF and she accidentally updated to 4.1 and lost her unlock! Now she plays games, browses internet and listen music on it and attend calls on some other handset!
Old 6th November 2010, 08:37   #2482
Senior - BHPian

Question. Maybe a super dumb question. If I get an iPhone 4 from the USA, will it work in India ?
Old 6th November 2010, 10:33   #2483
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prince_pervez View Post
Question. Maybe a super dumb question. If I get an iPhone 4 from the USA, will it work in India ?
if its locked with AT&T or any other service provider than NO. You would have to jailbreak and unlock your iphone to make it work with any of India's service provider.
Old 6th November 2010, 11:16   #2484
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace F355 View Post
Don't do it because there is no unlock for 4.1 yet! Should be out in a few days though when iOS 4.2 comes out.

I am waiting for 4.1 unlock too because I passed my old iPhone 3GS to my GF and she accidentally updated to 4.1 and lost her unlock! Now she plays games, browses internet and listen music on it and attend calls on some other handset!
I just checked online and they said there was an unlock for 4.1 . I wud be using pwnagetool to do all of this and then I can unlock the phone with ultras ow 1.1-1
Old 6th November 2010, 17:02   #2485
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dar3dev|l View Post
if its locked with AT&T or any other service provider than NO. You would have to jailbreak and unlock your iphone to make it work with any of India's service provider.
I heard that the iPhone4 comes with a special kind of SIM card. A smaller one then the usual. In that case even if it is broken/unlocked, then too no one will be able to provide a SIM for it in India.
Old 6th November 2010, 18:01   #2486
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prince_pervez View Post
I heard that the iPhone4 comes with a special kind of SIM card. A smaller one then the usual. In that case even if it is broken/unlocked, then too no one will be able to provide a SIM for it in India.
Getting micro SIM is not an issue. You get SIM cutters on Ebay that use the normal SIM and cut it into the micro format. In fact the plastic frame/cut-out left behind after using the sim cutter can be used as an adapter of sorts should you wish to go back to a phone that uses a normal sim card. I use an Idea Cellular SIM card cut into the micro format with my IP4.

Service providers that will officially offer the iphone4 in India (Airtel/Vodafone) will offer the micro SIM to subscribers. I read somewhere that Airtel has already introduced it.
Old 6th November 2010, 18:49   #2487
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by R2D2 View Post
Getting micro SIM is not an issue. You get SIM cutters on Ebay that use the normal SIM and cut it into the micro format. In fact the plastic frame/cut-out left behind after using the sim cutter can be used as an adapter of sorts should you wish to go back to a phone that uses a normal sim card. I use an Idea Cellular SIM card cut into the micro format with my IP4.

Service providers that will officially offer the iphone4 in India (Airtel/Vodafone) will offer the micro SIM to subscribers. I read somewhere that Airtel has already introduced it.
Thanks for the info dude. Appreciate it. The thing is I do not want to bring the phone to India and use it as an iPod or something. I don't even know if the phone will boot up its applications due to lack of micro SIM. Can someone please confirm whether the iPhone 4 has launched/soft launched in India ? Thanks a million. Some sites say that it has been launched with a price tag of half a lakh INR for the 32 gig.
Old 6th November 2010, 22:04   #2488
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliAtenza View Post
I just checked online and they said there was an unlock for 4.1 . I wud be using pwnagetool to do all of this and then I can unlock the phone with ultras ow 1.1-1
Link please! As far as I know, you can unlock iPhone 4 only, that too only when you have managed to update it to iOS 4.1 without updating your baseband using TinyUmbrella!

Even TinyUmbrella won't help you in case of iPhone 3G and 3GS because it can't save these phones from updating baseband!

Once you update iPhone 3G(S) to iOS 4.1, your baseband would be 5.14.02 and you will not be able to unlock it! That is my understanding.
Old 6th November 2010, 22:25   #2489
BHPian

FYI the Iphones 4 sold in Canada are unlocked
Old 6th November 2010, 23:31   #2490
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace F355 View Post
Link please! As far as I know, you can unlock iPhone 4 only, that too only when you have managed to update it to iOS 4.1 without updating your baseband using TinyUmbrella!

Even TinyUmbrella won't help you in case of iPhone 3G and 3GS because it can't save these phones from updating baseband!

Once you update iPhone 3G(S) to iOS 4.1, your baseband would be 5.14.02 and you will not be able to unlock it! That is my understanding.
How To Jailbreak Your iPhone 4, iPhone 3GS or iPhone 3G Using PwnageTool (iOS 4.1) - iPhone Hacks

My friend has a 3GS and it came with 3.1.2. She was on AT&T back home, she just jailbroke and unlocked it and she's on Airtel now. Im gonna update her phone without updating the baseband...thats what pwnage tool is about.

Most Viewed