Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software

Search this Thread
Old 19th January 2012, 10:55   #3976
BHPian

re: The iPhone Thread

^^ Hey Navan, my friend uses the nike sensor ! He used it with his iPod and now he's bought the new 4S which uses the GPS. But for that you would need to purchase the Nike app for $1.99.

He uses the sensor right now with his 4S with the inbuild Nike+ (not the priced app) and other apps like Runkeeper.

The thing with the "Special" Nike Shoes is just that it comes with a inbuilt slot in the soul where the sensor fits in perfect. Nothing more special about those shoes ! He right now ties the sensor to his shoelace!!

For you guess the best would be to purchase the Nike app for $1.99 which would basically do that same thing as the sensor would since iPhone 4 comes with the GPS.

Hope that helps

Last edited by dar3dev|l : 19th January 2012 at 10:58.
dar3dev|l is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st January 2012, 02:35   #3977
BHPian

I went to purchase two iphones yesterday, best price for 4s was 41,500 with bill and to my shock 36500 for iph 4 with bill. Without bill iph4 is for 31,500, i remember when i went to buy BB torch iph4 was for 28,500 with bill. I asked the shopkeeper about the rise in iph4 price, he said sir APPLE is the 1st company i have seen that doesn't go with the market trend but makes the market to move on their tunes.

Anyways, i have decided that i wont buy 4s but will go for iph4, i want two handsets with bill, anyone aware of any direct dealer in Delhi? Not the retailer but the wholesaler, believe i can get it cheaper from him.

Do let me know, need it urgently.

Ravi
Old 21st January 2012, 07:15   #3978
BHPian

Untethered jailbreak for iPhone 4s and iPad 2 is launched. The current version is Mac based and Windows version will follow soon.

Refer to http://www.redmondpie.com/jailbreak-...sing-absinthe/ for more details.
nkg77 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st January 2012, 09:35   #3979
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raviacc2825 View Post
I went to purchase two iphones yesterday,.....

Anyways, i have decided that i wont buy 4s but will go for iph4, i want two handsets with bill, anyone aware of any direct dealer in Delhi? Not the retailer but the wholesaler, believe i can get it cheaper from him.

Do let me know, need it urgently.

Ravi

Ravi, if the rates are same its better to buy it from Apple store directly ! That way you are rest assured you will have your phone under their 1 year warranty !
Old 21st January 2012, 09:55   #3980
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nkg77 View Post
Untethered jailbreak for iPhone 4s and iPad 2 is launched. The current version is Mac based and Windows version will follow soon.

Refer to Jailbreak iPhone 4S, iPad 2 iOS 5.0.1 Untethered Using Absinthe | Redmond Pie for more details.
Here is a tutorial for the same from the same source:
Jailbreak 5.0.1 Untethered On iPhone 4S and iPad 2 Using Absinthe [Video Tutorial] | Redmond Pie
Quite easy to do but the app keeps crashing
Old 21st January 2012, 09:59   #3981
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ra'ul M View Post
Here is a tutorial for the same from the same source:
Jailbreak 5.0.1 Untethered On iPhone 4S and iPad 2 Using Absinthe [Video Tutorial] | Redmond Pie
Quite easy to do but the app keeps crashing
This jailbreak is entirely new when compared to the fixes available for 3GS, 3 etc. So its better to wait for some more time till the jailbreak stabilizes.
Old 21st January 2012, 10:29   #3982
BHPian

Quote:
This jailbreak is entirely new when compared to the fixes available for 3GS, 3 etc. So its better to wait for some more time till the jailbreak stabilizes.
True that. What I have got is a INR 50,000 brick! So much for having fun. The 3GS runs perfect. I have even got iMessage and Siri to work
The good part is that I am getting a software flash from Apple to get the 4S back to stock after pleading ignorance
Old 21st January 2012, 12:00   #3983
BHPian

Hi
I have a 3GS with me and was wondering if Siri can be activated?
It's factory unlocked on iOS 5
So no jailbreaks for me
Thanks in advance !
Old 21st January 2012, 12:30   #3984
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by babhishek View Post
Hi
I have a 3GS with me and was wondering if Siri can be activated?
It's factory unlocked on iOS 5
So no jailbreaks for me
Thanks in advance !
Siri is not available for iOS5 on 3GS, so you need to wait patiently for some more time before some one hacks it. Another issue is 3GS phone requires a validation token from a 4S phone for it to connect to the Siri server. Lets hope Apple comes with a new build iOS for 3GS phone with Siri once the initial euphoria of 4GS phone die down.
Old 22nd January 2012, 11:50   #3985
BHPian

Absinthe A5 Jailbreaker for iPhone 4S / iPad 2 now available for Windows

The wait is over , Absinthe A5 Jailbreaker for iPhone 4S / iPad 2 now available for Windows
Untethered A5 jailbreak - Absinthe | greenpois0n.com

Steps to jailbreak: Untethered jailbreak iPhone 4S and iPad 2 on iOS 5.0/5.0.1 using Absinthe for Windows
Old 23rd January 2012, 13:26   #3986
F50
Senior - BHPian

Has anyone tried the A5 jailbreak? A friend wants to JB his iPad 2.
Old 23rd January 2012, 15:05   #3987
BHPian

Quote:
Siri is not available for iOS5 on 3GS, so you need to wait patiently for some more time before some one hacks it. Another issue is 3GS phone requires a validation token from a 4S phone for it to connect to the Siri server. Lets hope Apple comes with a new build iOS for 3GS phone with Siri once the initial euphoria of 4GS phone die down.
I have a 4S with me as well. Any help on generating the token, if that solves the issue would be appreciated...
Old 23rd January 2012, 19:53   #3988
Senior - BHPian

The home button issue is hardware problem and cannot be repaired. Apple is offering me a new phone instead. I gave a tight press to the button and it started working fine. Maybe I will get the phone replaced before the warranty runs out.
Old 23rd January 2012, 22:04   #3989
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by babhishek View Post
I have a 4S with me as well. Any help on generating the token, if that solves the issue would be appreciated...
Try the steps mentioned in Install Siri Dictation On iPhone 4, iPhone 3GS And iPod touch 4G Using Siri0us | Redmond Pie

I have not tried this, so not sure how safe this is. Try it at your own risk and please post the results here for the benefit of others.

One more way to jail break your iPhone 4S and iPad 2
iPhone Dev Team Release CLI Corona A5 iPhone 4S and iPad 2 Jailbreak For Windows [Updated]

Tutorials are also available at the above given link. Enjoy jailbreaking :-)

Last edited by Jaggu : 23rd January 2012 at 23:22. Reason: Back to back posts, please use EDIT the original post if posting within 15 minutes. Thanks
Old 24th January 2012, 09:07   #3990
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mail4ajo
The home button issue is hardware problem and cannot be repaired. Apple is offering me a new phone instead. I gave a tight press to the button and it started working fine. Maybe I will get the phone replaced before the warranty runs out.
Apple will not repair iPhones. They'll replace them. It's a good idea to get it replaced. I've done that twice. Would be also worthwhile to get apple care and extend the coverage by an year.

Most Viewed