Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software

Search this Thread
Old 28th November 2011, 22:58   #3856
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by drchernish
Thanks for the quick reply,one more thing,the warranty i believe is for one year,after that they will service it on paid basis or they even refuse to touch it as quoted by you(for that matter in warranty period will they repair it on paid basis?).
Well, to be honest, an iphone if it works fine for a week then it works fine for eternity. Only thing which may happen is physical damage and that is repairable or replaceable at a cost. Warranty also does not include physical damage like cracked screens. But any other issue you face with the phone during warranty time then apple would gladly give you a replacement without asking much questions.

Also, I recommend that you buy the iphone from an apple premium reseller as listed on the apple website as some sets sold at local dealers in India are actually sets which apple wont Provide any warranty for as these sets are sometimes bought from HK or US and then sold in India with a bill. So to avoid any hassles, buy the 4S from an apple premium reseller to avoid any such issues. Genuine apple sets meant for india carry a sticker which says importer as apple india as shown in the pic.

Hope it helps, cheers!
Attached Images

Old 28th November 2011, 23:03   #3857
BHPian

re: The iPhone Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang.101 View Post
Just got my iphone 4s.

Someone tell me how to switch off the damn 3G which is sucking my balance.

Please reply quick.

Mine calculates routes effortlessly and best part is you can google locations for eg. A particular restaurant, which you cant do on waze.

But i used it on iOS.

If your iphone is jailbroken, then you can install SB Settings from the Cydia menu. It categorically gives you options to toggle the 3G ON/OFF settings and Edge separetely.
Old 29th November 2011, 22:37   #3858
BANNED

^ Thanks for the info, but its not jailbroken and i wont ever be jail-breaking it.

I think the iphone 4 guys can answer this question.

What do you guys use to protect the front and rear of your phone from scratches? Is a bumper sufficient?
Old 30th November 2011, 17:41   #3859
Distinguished - BHPian

^mustang

Settings-general-network-Enable 3g on/off
Is it different in 4S?
Regarding protection, I am using a gecko flexible bumper on my 4 not those hard ones. You ll get front screen guard free with it but get it fitted at the store itself, the apple guys do a really nice job
Old 30th November 2011, 17:47   #3860
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
What do you guys use to protect the front and rear of your phone from scratches? Is a bumper sufficient?
Am using bumper but not very effective way if you carry other things in the same pocket. Screen protectors are the best solution but really messes up the capacitive and retina screen.
Old 30th November 2011, 17:50   #3861
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang.101
^ Thanks for the info, but its not jailbroken and i wont ever be jail-breaking it.

I think the iphone 4 guys can answer this questio

I use a plain scratch guard for protection. I have it both on the front and rear.

Apart from this I have a capdase slide pouch to carry it.

Another thing I was using was egrips. It is an awesome one that u can put at the rear. This is very useful when u keep the device in dashboards. The device doesn't slip or move
Old 30th November 2011, 17:51   #3862
BHPian

Quote:

I think the iphone 4 guys can answer this question.

I am using Screen Guards for the Front as well as the back.
It solves the purpose. I am also having a rubber type bumper.
I have not felt any issues in Touch after using Scratch Guards.
Old 30th November 2011, 17:52   #3863
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu

Am using bumper but not very effective way if you carry other things in the same pocket. Screen protectors are the best solution but really messes up the capacitive and retina screen.
Wholehearted agreement. I have never used any sort of protection for the phone/iPod/iPad, reason, the dirt and grit scratch it more in the case. I have no issues handling the possessions as is. Screen glass is tough as once I accidentally sat on the iPod with car key in the back pocket of the jeans, no scratch whatsoever.
Old 30th November 2011, 19:55   #3864
BANNED

Thanks for the input guys.

One more issue popped up today.

I also subscribed to 3g on my iphone 4s but its giving lower speeds than 2g. The logo on the status bar says 3g but i am getting a download speed of 30 kbps in noida.

What is the issue like? Guys please help.
Old 30th November 2011, 23:32   #3865
Mtv
BHPian

I use a Caze Zero 5 ultra thin case. At .5mm thickness, it's the thinnest iPhone 4 case around . Even with the case on, there's absolutely no difference in the way the phone feels in the hand. Bought it online from the caze site for 900 RS a few months ago.
Old 1st December 2011, 07:53   #3866
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang.101
Thanks for the input guys.

One more issue popped up today.

I also subscribed to 3g on my iphone 4s but its giving lower speeds than 2g. The logo on the status bar says 3g but i am getting a download speed of 30 kbps in noida.

What is the issue like? Guys please help.
Did you speak to your service provider and check?

Try any if your friends sim with 3G on your iPhone and see if that also has slow speeds. Am sure it's a service provider issue and nothing todo with the phone
Old 1st December 2011, 08:51   #3867
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mtv View Post
I use a Caze Zero 5 ultra thin case. At .5mm thickness, it's the thinnest iPhone 4 case around . Even with the case on, there's absolutely no difference in the way the phone feels in the hand. Bought it online from the caze site for 900 RS a few months ago.
from which online site did you purchase it? i couldn't find it in India.
Old 1st December 2011, 09:14   #3868
Mtv
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicky View Post
from which online site did you purchase it? i couldn't find it in India.
check out amazon.com
Old 1st December 2011, 20:46   #3869
Distinguished - BHPian

Hey guys, I got my IP4s 64G from Reliance today obviously with B&W @ full retail price. Reliance gets it from either Beetel (Airtel) or Aircel. They are the only appointed distributors for India.

The store attendant confirmed that IP4 has a national warranty only - during the warranty the phone will be replaced not repaired. I am planning to get the Apple care extended warranty one of these days. I am covered for 2 years. This is my very first India import IP.

Just finished setting it up and restoring my data. IOS software update is in progress. The phone is identical to my IP4 32G, that was retained, with the difference being the storage capacity and snappier response to screen inputs and scrolling.

Cheers

Last edited by R2D2 : 1st December 2011 at 20:49.
Old 2nd December 2011, 10:08   #3870
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by R2D2
Hey guys, I got my IP4s 64G from Reliance today obviously with B&W @ full retail price. Reliance gets it from either Beetel (Airtel) or Aircel. They are the only appointed distributors for India.

The store attendant confirmed that IP4 has a national warranty only - during the warranty the phone will be replaced not repaired. I am planning to get the Apple care extended warranty one of these days. I am covered for 2 years. This is my very first India import IP.

Just finished setting it up and restoring my data. IOS software update is in progress. The phone is identical to my IP4 32G, that was retained, with the difference being the storage capacity and snappier response to screen inputs and scrolling.

Cheers
Great, I am sure you will enjoy the extended battery and clearer reception too. iOS PC free is the best thing and also the iCloud. Sharing photos is such a breeze with family.
Sn1p3r is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed