Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd December 2011, 15:10   #3871
Distinguished - BHPian

4S Yellow screen tint

For all those aiming to get an IP4s, these phones have a yellow/warm colour tint to the screen. I have compared my brand new 4s to my IP4 and can confirm this. May be a deal breaker for some.

Plenty of discussions and articles on this topic on several internet forums including Apple.

See here - iPhone 4S users seeing yellowish screen tint | Apple - CNET News

And here - iPhone 4S: Screen not as white - MacRumors Forums

Regards,
Old 5th December 2011, 00:15   #3872
BANNED

Found a way to disable 3g and use 2g on iphone 4s. (owing to the missing enable 3g option on the iphone 4s.

Here are the steps for airtel

Send 3g to 121
Select option 2 that says deactivate 3g by sending sms
Confirm by again replying with digit 1
Entire process is toll free
Mustang.101 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th December 2011, 13:17   #3873
Distinguished - BHPian

re: The iPhone Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang.101 View Post
Found a way to disable 3g and use 2g on iphone 4s. (owing to the missing enable 3g option on the iphone 4s.

Here are the steps for airtel

Send 3g to 121
Select option 2 that says deactivate 3g by sending sms
Confirm by again replying with digit 1
Entire process is toll free
The process may be toll free but this is not very practical solution.

Everytime you activate/deactivate 3G services, your mobile internet plan is affected. It may cause your service provided to activate the default option - i.e. some 2 ps/10 kb or whatever it may be on Airtel.

Reactivation of 3G is similar - you need to set your data pack option again. What if you need to do this multiple times?

I don't look forward to speaking with a CSR - they are mostly awful to deal with.

It is better to switch off 'mobile data' and switch it back on when required. I can do without connectivity if I need to conserve battery life.

Cheers!

Last edited by R2D2 : 5th December 2011 at 13:18.
Old 5th December 2011, 22:42   #3874
Senior - BHPian

Re: 4S Yellow screen tint

Quote:
Originally Posted by R2D2 View Post
For all those aiming to get an IP4s, these phones have a yellow/warm colour tint to the screen. I have compared my brand new 4s to my IP4 and can confirm this. May be a deal breaker for some.
No clue about the 4S but even the Iphone 4 has this thing, i bought 2 Iphone 16 gb in US, one for my sister (black) and one for me (white).

The screen of the black has a definite yellow tint all over the screen and it has not gone till now, compared to this the white has what people call the bluish screen and believe me it feels much better, its much sharper and even the brightness is more.

I hate the yellow screen, dont know how yellow it is on 4S but on the 4 it is yuck
Old 6th December 2011, 22:48   #3875
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: 4S Yellow screen tint

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolboy007 View Post
I hate the yellow screen, dont know how yellow it is on 4S but on the 4 it is yuck
I've been reading quite a bit about this problem on the 'net. Apparently some have suggested turning up the brightness to max for 2-5 days and switching off the auto brightness. They say the yellowish tint reduces or goes away.

I have noticed the yellow tint fading away and colours coming back to normal on my handset. It is not my imagination as I am comparing the whites to another handset. This is after about 5 days of use.

BTW, I sold my IP4 and bought the svelte Motorola Razr Android handset for my 2nd connection. That 4.3" amoled screen is gorgeous but the UI (heavily skinned by Motorola) and screen animations don't have the finesse of the iPhone. I await an update to Android 4 (ICS).
Old 6th December 2011, 23:01   #3876
Senior - BHPian

Any one used the Bump app for sharing files. I have downloaded it and want to know if it really works. I use Capdase cover for protecting the Iphone from scratches and it also came with scratch guard and all inclusive cost was Rs. 800.
Old 7th December 2011, 01:08   #3877
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Durango Dude
Any one used the Bump app for sharing files. I have downloaded it and want to know if it really works.
I have been using it for over a year now, not for files sharing but for pics sharing. Works beautifully.
Nitrous Power is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th December 2011, 09:11   #3878
BHPian

GOing to stick to my iPhone 4 for another year, there are rumors that iphone 5 will be just 4mm thick! Waiting to get my hands on that!
Old 7th December 2011, 10:19   #3879
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by R2D2 View Post
these phones have a yellow/warm colour tint to the screen
I tried to check if this is true. A colleague at office has 4S in white. I compared my 3gs with her 4S and another staff's ip4 (all 3 side by side) 3gs's display stood up brightest and whitest of all. Display on Ip4 and 4S seemed dullish (softer??), I wouldn't call it pale or yellow. May be some sets have strong yellow hue to their display/glass (faulty display or may be the glue theory on forums) but the one's I've seen were dull not yellow. But display on 4 and 4S did feel soft and comfortable to eyes as compared to the one on my dynasaur.

It wasn't a deal breaker for me. As I ordered mine & its yet to arrive. Have upgraded contract with my telco provider and been waiting for my black 4S 32gig for over two weeks now. Been told, could be another couple of weeks before it rocks up due to huge demand (and there is no ETA)!! Damn you apple...

Last edited by Punzabi : 7th December 2011 at 10:42.
Old 9th December 2011, 20:31   #3880
BHPian

Hi,planning to get a white ip4s 16 gig on weekend.which is the preferred network operator for optimal 3g performance and which tariff plan for not very heavy use?
Old 9th December 2011, 20:38   #3881
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drchernish
Hi,planning to get a white ip4s 16 gig on weekend.which is the preferred network operator for optimal 3g performance and which tariff plan for not very heavy use?
Network wise, take your pick. Vodafone is alright enough if you ask me and a friend of mine has no complaints about airtel. However, I'd strongly recommend you go for a prepaid plan. The bills can blow up very fast over a postpaid connection, which is why I'm mulling over going prepaid myself.
Old 9th December 2011, 22:29   #3882
BANNED

Do you guys recommend any sort of cases or screen guards to protect the iphone 4s. I currently have a front n back matte screen guard but i dont like it as the back has a few bubbles in it plus it also makes the back look dull black instead of glossy black.
Old 9th December 2011, 22:38   #3883
Senior - BHPian

I don't quite get what you mean by matte screen guard, but yes, I did install a clear scratch guard on the front and back. Small price to pay for a little bit extra safety.

And I do use a case, but it's more for aesthetic value and to ensure the metal edge of the phone is covered. Capdase sells some pretty good cases if protection is on your mind, but most of them are fugly IMHO.
Old 9th December 2011, 22:50   #3884
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by iliketurtles
I don't quite get what you mean by matte screen guard, but yes, I did install a clear scratch guard on the front and back. Small price to pay for a little bit extra safety.

And I do use a case, but it's more for aesthetic value and to ensure the metal edge of the phone is covered. Capdase sells some pretty good cases if protection is on your mind, but most of them are fugly IMHO.
I think they call it an anti glare screen guard, performance is very cool but sonce its not 100% clear, it makes the back of my iphone look dull black instead of glossy black.

Hows the performance of your clear screen guard?

Last edited by Mustang.101 : 9th December 2011 at 22:56.
Old 9th December 2011, 23:21   #3885
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iliketurtles View Post

I have a Capdase it cost me Rs.800 came with a case and front/back scratch guards. The case does look ugly and spoils the aesthetics of the Iphone 4 and also fouls with the throw of the flash while taking pictures so I'd had to remove the case to take pics with flash as the perforations are too close to the flash and the case is thick causes some haziness when pic taken with flash.

Last edited by Durango Dude : 9th December 2011 at 23:22.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks