Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software

Search this Thread
Old 11th January 2012, 01:44   #3961
Senior - BHPian

re: The iPhone Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_Austin View Post
The home button on my iphone 4 is kaput (well almost). Sometimes it needs multiple presses to work and sometime it might just work in 1 press (normal behavior).

It's out of warranty and am wondering if you guys know of any reliable and good service outlet to get this checked and repaired in Bangalore.

Thanks
Steve
Try and re calibrate your home button. Press the sleep/lock button until you get slide to power off. Do not power off and press the home button until you get back to the spring board. See if it solves the problem.
extreme_torque is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th January 2012, 12:06   #3962
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_Austin View Post
The home button on my iphone 4 is kaput (well almost). Sometimes it needs multiple presses to work and sometime it might just work in 1 press (normal behavior).

It's out of warranty and am wondering if you guys know of any reliable and good service outlet to get this checked and repaired in Bangalore.

Thanks
Steve
Is your iphone jailbroken? If yes, you can install Activator app from Cydia and configure it to simulate the press of home button by touch screen (it can eliminate the use of home button by 95%). This workaround can be used to till you get the iphone fixed from repair shop. Of course you can continue using it beyond that to preserve that home button.
Old 11th January 2012, 12:37   #3963
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by extreme_torque View Post
Try and re calibrate your home button. Press the sleep/lock button until you get slide to power off. Do not power off and press the home button until you get back to the spring board. See if it solves the problem.
One small difference, which seems to have made some difference to me. No idea if this is authentic or not.

Quote:
Step 1: Launch one of the stock apps on your iDevice (Weather, iTunes, Stocks, etc.).

Step 2: Press and hold the power button until you see the “slide to power off” prompt, then release the power button.

Step 3: Press and hold you home button until the the “slide to power off” prompt disappears and the app force quits.
How To: Recalibrate Your iDevice's Home Button -- AppAdvice

Funny thing is the OE app does not gets killed while doing this
Jaggu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th January 2012, 20:23   #3964
Senior - BHPian

Warning : Do not buy the iPhone 4s

If you plan to buy a 4s right now... I strong suggest you dont.

The 4s is having problems with audio in outgoing calls. There are 1000s of posts about this issue.

https://discussions.apple.com/thread...art=0&tstart=0

Our 4s was bought in mid December and had this issue. It was given to the apple service centre for replacement and we got a replacement today after almost 10 days. The replacement phone also has the same issue. I will apply for another replacement tomorrow.

Apple has no solution or official confirmation of the problem. There is no confirmation if the problem in Hardware or Software.

I strongly suggest people to postpone their purchase of iPhone 4s until this issue is sorted.
AbhiJ is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th January 2012, 02:00   #3965
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
One small difference, which seems to have made some difference to me. No idea if this is authentic or not.
off late my home button was really responding weird. I was really thinking to replace. I dont know how to thank you but this recalibration thing worked perfect for me and now Home button works perfectly normal as if my iPhone 4 is just out of the box
Old 13th January 2012, 02:16   #3966
BHPian

Re: Warning : Do not buy the iPhone 4s

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbhiJ View Post
I strongly suggest people to postpone their purchase of iPhone 4s until this issue is sorted.
Thanks Abhi, i was planning to buy on the coming weekend by trading off my 3 months old BB torch. I think i should wait for sometime.

Thanks Again

Ravi
Old 13th January 2012, 09:10   #3967
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lazybrain View Post
off late my home button was really responding weird. I was really thinking to replace. I dont know how to thank you but this recalibration thing worked perfect for me and now Home button works perfectly normal as if my iPhone 4 is just out of the box
I am experiencing the same issue in my 3GS, but unfortunately this trick doesnt work for me.
Old 13th January 2012, 09:10   #3968
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by raviacc2825

Thanks Abhi, i was planning to buy on the coming weekend by trading off my 3 months old BB torch. I think i should wait for sometime.

Thanks Again

Ravi
There is no such problem with my 4S. And i know at least 6 other people who have the 4S and none of them have this issue.
Old 13th January 2012, 11:41   #3969
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang.101 View Post
There is no such problem with my 4S. And i know at least 6 other people who have the 4S and none of them have this issue.
Same here. No probs with my 4S.

As for the yellowish screen when switched on right out of the box, the tint is gone. I compared the iPhone 4S to my Razr's AMOLED screen.

Regards,
Old 13th January 2012, 11:54   #3970
BHPian

No such problem with my 4s too(touchwood).
Old 13th January 2012, 12:24   #3971
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang.101 View Post
Have 2 iphone 4s at home.

One is fine. One has an issue. Got it swapped. Same issue.

Its just luck. Spoke to Apple today morning, they acknowledge this as a hardware problem ...
Old 15th January 2012, 19:09   #3972
BHPian

Folks,

I just got a iPhone 4S Sprint. Heard we need to be extra carfeful and follow procedures to unlock (esp for Sprint). Can anyone please advice how I can unlock or suggest anyone in Bangalore who is reliable to get it unlocked?

Thanks!

Nagesh
Old 15th January 2012, 20:55   #3973
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nagesh
Folks,

I just got a iPhone 4S Sprint. Heard we need to be extra carfeful and follow procedures to unlock (esp for Sprint). Can anyone please advice how I can unlock or suggest anyone in Bangalore who is reliable to get it unlocked?

Thanks!

Nagesh
You have to wait till a jailbreak is available for iPhone 4S. You can unlock the phone only after jailbreak.
nkg77 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th January 2012, 09:07   #3974
BHPian

^^ wait is just a few days away. Jailbreak for 4S is on its way
Quote:
Pod2g has posted a video made by DHowett showing the successful untethered jailbreak of the iPhone 4S on iOS 5.0.1.

According to pod2g, it should only be a few days before the jailbreak is publicly available. Congratulations to the 'Dream Team' for their success!

Video: iPhone 4S iOS 5.0.1 untethered © pod2g - YouTube

Source: iClarified - News - Apple News
Old 19th January 2012, 09:54   #3975
Senior - BHPian

I have seen a facility of Nike+in my iphone. I go for walking and jogging. I would like to use this facility. It seems I have to buy a special nike shoe. If any body use,please let me know the pros and cons of this. I have only Iphone 4. I don't have either sensor or shoe.

Most Viewed