Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software

Search this Thread
Old 8th February 2012, 00:17   #4051
Senior - BHPian

re: The iPhone Thread

I was asking about Aircel.

About the version 406 ,you need to use ITunes for this .Ensure that you do backup all the paid applications or else you might have to buy these again .

ITunes/Devices/Restore .This will take around 1 hour to download and about 10 more minutes to install on your phone .

You can find countless topics on this on the internet.

Battery issues still exist on this new version .

Last edited by speedsatya : 8th February 2012 at 00:24.
Old 11th February 2012, 21:41   #4052
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedsatya View Post
Yesterday I came across some interesting data plans with Aircel .I am considering using MNP to Aircel .Just wanted to know as to how is the data connectivity ?BTW I have a 4S ,on OS version 9A406. The OE 405 version had been causing network connectivity issues .
Aircel is quiet good, I have been using it for 2 weeks now and I have switched it on for a full day and iPhone 4 lasts the whole day, with push notifications on. Don't go for the iPhone 3G service go for the ordinary one: cheaper and lots of choices. You may have to make alterations to the network settings as follows: General>Network>Mobile Data Network>Under mobile data APN has to read aircelgprs.pr only then will the 3G work for using the normal non iPhone Data plans which I have been using.
Durango Dude is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th February 2012, 00:13   #4053
Senior - BHPian

To all Iphone 3 users: Is there a way i can share photos clicked by Iphone directly to Facbook??
Old 14th February 2012, 06:50   #4054
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitinralli View Post
To all Iphone 3 users: Is there a way i can share photos clicked by Iphone directly to Facbook??
The facebook app has that feature. Else you can use the jailbreak tweak knows as iSocialShare.

(PS - I have i4)
Old 14th February 2012, 08:28   #4055
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedsatya View Post
Ensure that you do backup all the paid applications or else you might have to buy these again .
You don't really need to backup your purchased applications. iTunes will simply re-download them again. I have done this once when I re-installed Lion on my MBP.
nileshch is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th February 2012, 09:42   #4056
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nileshch

You don't really need to backup your purchased applications. iTunes will simply re-download them again. I have done this once when I re-installed Lion on my MBP.
I guess you do need to backup your in app purchases.
Old 14th February 2012, 09:49   #4057
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
On the FB app click on photo and click on choose from library and upload to your FB a/c. Sorry I have the iPhone 4, I don't think it must be any different for the iPhone 3.

Last edited by Durango Dude : 14th February 2012 at 09:52.
Old 14th February 2012, 11:37   #4058
BHPian

Quote:
Other than the official Facebook app, you can also use the Batch app to upload photos in bulk.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rtandon View Post
I guess you do need to backup your in app purchases.
Well, it could vary between app developers. Some apps track that too with account logins. But yes, in general, for in-app purchases, you have to be careful.

Last edited by nileshch : 14th February 2012 at 11:50.
Old 14th February 2012, 18:00   #4059
BHPian

Registered a Complaint with Apple about the buggy iOS 5 and Some Voice clarity issues. Surprisingly, I was asked to go and collect a new iPhone 4S from any Service Outlets!

And Even more surprisingly, Without any questions - I was handed over a new phone by the Service Center, without even checking my older device.
Old 14th February 2012, 18:15   #4060
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadBiker View Post
Registered a Complaint with Apple about the buggy iOS 5 and Some Voice clarity issues. Surprisingly, I was asked to go and collect a new iPhone 4S from any Service Outlets!

And Even more surprisingly, Without any questions - I was handed over a new phone by the Service Center, without even checking my older device.

Good one!
Its not hard to implement such a policy, when even a year old 4 has a drop of only 10% from the bought-at price.
Cant imagine sony doing this ever.
each and every one of SEs I have owned from the w850i onwards has lost 70% value in 6 months.cant bear to ask how much they are now.

Meantime, my wife's 1 year old IP4 lost just 2k off the 27k it was bought at...
Old 14th February 2012, 19:18   #4061
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayankk View Post
Good one!
Its not hard to implement such a policy, when even a year old 4 has a drop of only 10% from the bought-at price.
Cant imagine sony doing this ever.
each and every one of SEs I have owned from the w850i onwards has lost 70% value in 6 months.cant bear to ask how much they are now.

Meantime, my wife's 1 year old IP4 lost just 2k off the 27k it was bought at...
This is where apple legendary quality of service comes in.

Apple India has a policy of replacing iPhones, mostly without any niggles, as they do not repair iPhones. Only issue is that it might be a refurbished one, but unless one has a very keen eye, there is no way to tell.

But as far as value is concerned, you have to realize that people like you and me got the phone at a very cheap rate (I got my i4 32GB for 26.5K in June last year) so relative to that my phone has not lost any value.
But if you look at it from the point of view of the people who bought it at a highly marked up price (which happens immediately after the launch or when bought officially from India), they go into a major loss, e.g., i4 starting price in India was 36K if I recall correctly.

OT: just curious if the internet abbreviations are allowed on TBHP or not? (IIRC-If I Recall Correctly, AFAIK - As Far As I Know, etc)
Old 14th February 2012, 20:39   #4062
BHPian

I do not have an eye to check if it was a refurbished one - But the phone seems to be clean - I checked the same with my friend who works for Apple - He confirmed that my device is a new one (From UK, after checking the Serial Number)
Old 14th February 2012, 23:06   #4063
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadBiker View Post

Was yours the iPhone 4 or 4S? That's great commitment from Apple.
Old 14th February 2012, 23:08   #4064
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Durango Dude View Post
Was yours the iPhone 4 or 4S? That's great commitment from Apple.
It was an iPhone 4S, 16 GB & White!
Old 14th February 2012, 23:17   #4065
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedsatya
I was asking about Aircel.

About the version 406 ,you need to use ITunes for this .Ensure that you do backup all the paid applications or else you might have to buy these again .

ITunes/Devices/Restore .This will take around 1 hour to download and about 10 more minutes to install on your phone .

You can find countless topics on this on the internet.

Battery issues still exist on this new version .
Do you think i should replace the 9A405 to 406 on my iphone 4s considering the fact that i do not have any battery issues on 405?

Most Viewed