Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software

Search this Thread
Old 18th October 2010, 18:49   #2431
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tejas@perioimpl View Post
If you are good at Terminal, try this. It'll be a permanent solution.

Source: APN editing after redsn0w - Hackint0sh
Never tried terminal, though will try this if the earlier solution doesnt work. Thanks.
Old 18th October 2010, 19:45   #2432

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
Never tried terminal, though will try this if the earlier solution doesnt work. Thanks.
Jaggu

For more detailed information for this step try this link

[SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff]http://www.troublefixers.com/how-to-enable-gprsedgeapn-settings-in-jailbroken-iphone-3gs/[/COLOR][/SIZE][/COLOR][/SIZE]

Thanks
Old 18th October 2010, 22:59   #2433
Senior - BHPian

Any recommended anti-theft or post-theft tracking application to download?
Old 19th October 2010, 10:35   #2434
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyingspur View Post
Any recommended anti-theft or post-theft tracking application to download?
MobileMe is the best bet. $55 on eBay for a year's subscription. That alone is worth the package.

But remember to always keep Push Notifications mode to ON and have a constant internet connection. I lost my 3GS last year because push was turned off 10 mins before to save battery, even though I had MobileMe.

All other apps are kinda clunky and don't work 'on request'. Only a few of new iOS 4 apps may provide location after some interval of time.

Haven't tried any yet. Might make one myself for the sake. But get MobileMe if you want peace.
Old 19th October 2010, 11:33   #2435
Team-BHP Support

Today I connected my 3GS 4.1 to Wifi. Still the Youtube and Safari continued to use Edge instead of Wifi. What's the catch here?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gurpartap Singh View Post
MobileMe is the best bet. $55 on eBay for a year's subscription. That alone is worth the package.

But remember to always keep Push Notifications mode to ON and have a constant internet connection. I lost my 3GS last year because push was turned off 10 mins before to save battery, even though I had MobileMe.
Even if you have it working, will the police care that you can track it?
Old 19th October 2010, 12:16   #2436
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai View Post
Today I connected my 3GS 4.1 to Wifi. Still the Youtube and Safari continued to use Edge instead of Wifi. What's the catch here?

Even if you have it working, will the police care that you can track it?

I guess you can wipe off your phone data using Mobile Me
Old 19th October 2010, 12:21   #2437
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sachin26 View Post
Jaggu

For more detailed information for this step try this link

http://www.troublefixers.com/how-to-...en-iphone-3gs/

Thanks
Thanks will read up later, slightly held up now. Anyways the second link also didnt help in changing APN.

Quote:
Are you sure internet on wifi is working? and wifi connected proper? Usually it jumps when wifi is not helping the access.

If not try a complete restart.

Last edited by Jaggu : 19th October 2010 at 12:25.
Old 19th October 2010, 12:26   #2438
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
Are you sure internet on wifi is working? and wifi connected proper? Usually it jumps when wifi is not helping the access.

If not try a complete restart.
Kindle was downloading books from the same Wifi AP before I tried the iPhone. So the Wifi setup should be fine.
Old 19th October 2010, 13:10   #2439
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Kindle was downloading books from the same Wifi AP before I tried the iPhone. So the Wifi setup should be fine.
Double check with a laptop, or better connect the iPhone and then look at the wifi setting window. See if the tick mark comes and all the ip, blah blah is loading in. You can also check if apps like weather and stocks are working in wifi, that should give you an idea.

I had similar issue with my home connection long time back, it was a router set up issue. I think it was giving fixed ip for wifi also, moved to dynamic and phone started working.
Old 20th October 2010, 13:25   #2440
BHPian

Cost of Iphone in Dubai

Hi Guys

Need a help. My friend is going to Dubai shortly. I am planning to get a iphone for myself. Does anyone have any idea about the costing of the same ? Will it be officially unlocked version ? Does it make sense to get a 3GS compared to 4G, since I am constrained on the funds ?

Appreciate your kind reply at the earliest
Old 21st October 2010, 13:15   #2441
Team-BHP Support

1) iPhone 4 available for approx 29xxx (16 GB) and 34xxx (32GB) from DU, but very difficult to find a shop which has stock. Subsidized phones are available with Etisalt but you will need to buy a 2 year plan.

2) All UAE phones are unlocked. Though in iPhone 4 the Facetime app is currently blocked, expect it to be enabled with next OS upgrade.

3) I would say go for latest model since gadgets do get outdated fast

If you are constrained by funds, look for second hand old models. Will be much cheaper.
Old 21st October 2010, 15:08   #2442
Team-BHP Support

I created one custom ring tone using iTunes and copied it to the iPhone, it worked.

Next I created two more ringtones same way and copied to the iPhone. Now one of the newer ringtone is showing up, other two are not visible. I can see all the 3 ringtones under my device in iTunes, but I only see one ringtone in the custom ringtone list in the iPhone. What gives?
Old 21st October 2010, 15:37   #2443
BHPian

@ Jaggu, Thanks for your reply. Exploring the choice of buying the same in electronics fair 2010. Being a mech guy, I still prefer old models compared to new ones . My take alone
Old 21st October 2010, 15:38   #2444
BHPian

Quote:
Is it a jailbreak iphone? If yes do the following:

Put your original sim (AT&T) one and jailbreak again from start. access youtube and safari from it and check everything. Once all set, put your sim and test.

Hope this helps. Heard there is some certificate issue.

I have some wierd problem in my iphone 4 running on 4.1 OS. Vodafone Edge setting working fine in 4.0.1, but in 4.1 it hardly work for 1 day, after that keep on getting "Could not connect to data network" message, whenever try to access net on the go. Any help
Old 21st October 2010, 20:06   #2445
BHPian

One of my friend has been offered by his friend a unused iPhone 4. It will be a jailbroken one (the guy gets them from US). He is saying 10,000 for iPhone 4. I feel there is something shady since it is being offered at such a low price. Is it even possible for his to get it at such low prices or like I feel, he is a tout?

Most Viewed