Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th May 2023, 14:36   #15646
BHPian

Re: The iPhone Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonfire View Post
Question:

Backup of my iPhone to iCloud had been paused for a few weeks now with an error saying that there is not enough storage left in iCloud. My iCloud storage had 10GB out of 50GB remaining, yet I decided to purge photos because I anyway have a backup to Google Photos. Now I have cleared about 20GB more and it now shows that it has 30GB out of 50GB remaining. Still the phone refuses to backup to iCloud and gives me the same error - that there is not enough storage remaining. Any idea what is wrong?
You should check the backup size, my assumption is the backup size would be couple of GB's which would be eating up your cloud storage,
ThatCarGuy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th May 2023, 15:41   #15647
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatCarGuy View Post
- Connect and reconnect to Carplay
- Force close the app in phone and Restart your device
I've done both and doesn't get resolved for that drive. On a later drive, works without problem.
Old 26th May 2023, 18:00   #15648
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by narayans80 View Post
I've done both and doesn't get resolved for that drive. On a later drive, works without problem.
I ran into same issue with Google Maps lately but an upgrade to iOS 16.5 "seems" to have resolved it.
Old 7th June 2023, 00:21   #15649
Distinguished - BHPian

Folks,

I need another line + phone for a new venture.

I was contemplating getting the iPhone 14 Promax. I haven't heard great things about this specific model.

Is it significantly better than iPhone 13 Promax (my current phone) or should I just stick to getting a 14 Pro.?

Please note, I am used to the larger form factor so not sure if I will be happy with a smaller phone like 14 Pro.
mobike008 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th June 2023, 11:10   #15650
BHPian

Apple iPhone X and older iPhones are not getting iOS 17

Quote:
Apple announced iOS 17 yesterday with several noteworthy features including StandBy mode, NameDrop and Live Voicemail. As is the case with new iOS versions, several older model iPhones are left unsupported and this year, it’s the iPhone X, iPhone 8 and iPhone 8 Plus models.

Quote:
Those wishing to try out iOS 17 will need an iPhone XS series or newer device to be compatible with Apple’s requirements. The second and third-generation iPhone SE models are still supported so it seems the bottleneck for the iPhone X and 8 series is the aging A11 Bionic chipset.
Switching to iPadOS 17, we can see that Apple is dropping support for its first generation iPad Pro models as well last the fifth-generation iPad that launched back in 2017.
https://www.apple.com/ios/ios-17-pre...hese%20devices

https://www.apple.com/ipados/ipados-...hese%20devices
Attached Thumbnails
The iPhone Thread-gsmarena_001.jpg  

The iPhone Thread-gsmarena_002.jpg  

DetectiveMiles is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 8th June 2023, 05:27   #15651
BHPian

Re: The iPhone Airpods?

Please recommend any decent airpods to pair with iPhone 11 for office calls/conferences. Budget is around 2K.
Old 12th June 2023, 18:12   #15652
BHPian

Guys, need a small help. Is there anyway apart from Truecaller to identify an incoming call as SPAM or not on an Iphone? I had earlier put my Iphone 12 mini on Do not disturb setting for any incoming unknown number. However, due to the nature of my job (it involves lot of travelling), I do get calls from hotels / temp accommodations where I am put up & this creates a problem for me. Earlier, there were not so many SPAM calls on my phone, but looks like now some telemarketing agency would have got hold of my number and I get a mon. of 12-15 SPAM calls a day.

Last edited by Turbo_anup : 12th June 2023 at 18:15.
Old 13th June 2023, 12:55   #15653
Senior - BHPian

I was getting this message today while trying to charge my iPhone 12. Phone is bone dry and the charger as well. But it’s not letting me charge the phone. Did anyone see this?

The iPhone Thread-img_1378.jpeg

Edit: Waited for a few minutes and restarted phone. Started recharging normally.

Last edited by SoumenD : 13th June 2023 at 13:24.
SoumenD is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th June 2023, 14:01   #15654
Senior - BHPian

Just keep it in rice to remove moisture. It was fine for me later
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoumenD View Post
I was getting this message today while trying to charge my iPhone 12. Phone is bone dry and the charger as well
Old 13th June 2023, 14:22   #15655
BHPian

Quote:
Phone is bone dry and the charger as well. But it’s not letting me charge the phone. Did anyone see this?
Don’t put your iPhone in a bag of rice. Doing so could allow small particles of rice to damage your iPhone.

If you are using a non-certified cable which might be damaged and hence giving you this alert.

If you reconnect the Lightning cable again, it has an option to override the liquid detection and charge your iPhone. However, the best is to let your phone in dry area and let it dry.

Last edited by NomadSK : 13th June 2023 at 14:29.
Old 13th June 2023, 15:36   #15656
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NomadSK View Post
Don’t put your iPhone in a bag of rice. Doing so could allow small particles of rice to damage your iPhone.

If you are using a non-certified cable which might be damaged and hence giving you this alert.

If you reconnect the Lightning cable again, it has an option to override the liquid detection and charge your iPhone. However, the best is to let your phone in dry area and let it dry.
I was told by someone that we can wrap the phone in a tissue paper before keeping in the rice bag to avoid rice particles entering the phone. Haven't tried it personally, but sounds logical.
Old 13th June 2023, 16:28   #15657
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebring View Post
Just keep it in rice to remove moisture. It was fine for me later
Quote:
Originally Posted by NomadSK View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Everlearner View Post
I was told by someone that we can wrap the phone in a tissue paper before keeping in the rice bag to avoid rice particles entering the phone. Haven't tried it personally, but sounds logical.
Had edited the original comment. However reiterating here:

Just restarted the phone and it was working fine again. There was no water anywhere in the vicinity of the phone or charger/cable. Looks like some bug.

And I use original apple cable & 20W charging brick which was purchased along with the phone.
Old 13th June 2023, 16:42   #15658
BHPian

My one month old iPad Pro charging socket was not holding the cable off late. Even though it charges, I have to hold it in place. Checked with Apple service center and they gave a bill of 80,000 to fix it citing physical damage. I never used any cable other than the one supplied with the unit.
Went straight to the store attached to the service center and purchased Apple Care+. They inspected the device and issued the care pack.

Went back to the service center and gave the unit back and they gave a new unit after a couple of days.
patron is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 13th June 2023, 17:41   #15659
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
I was getting this message today while trying to charge my iPhone 12. Phone is bone dry and the charger as well. But it’s not letting me charge the phone. Did anyone see this?
Shine some light into the lighting port and see if there is any wetness. Lightly blow air into it using mouth OR use a soft tissue folded tight and wipe that area. If you have a case remove the case and clean it also, if there is any wetness. Wipe the end of the cable before you plug in. Also do a restart of a device, just to rule out if some software issue is there in the background.
Jaggu is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th June 2023, 13:09   #15660
BHPian

Am from Mumbai and one grouse I have with iPhone is - we cant listen to radio FM which is so easy on the Android platforms.

94.3 (Radio One) is my go to radio station all day round when driving, good content, interviews and above all, great English Music (no offence to other languages).

Is there a way to listen to 94.3 (in specific) only on iPhone; as I have failed to hear them on the iOS platform unlike Droid where Radio is just a tune away.

They used to have a online streaming a few years ago, but I believe they have stopped it now. Hope this query is alright on this section, else mods can choose to edit / transfer this to any of the relevant posts.

Looking forward to hearing from you guys soon.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks