Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th July 2023, 18:29   #15691
Senior - BHPian

Re: The iPhone Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
In my case the drop happened over last 2 months, suddenly it went to 99 then to 97 and now settled at 96. Seems like it waited and suddenly started to recalibrate. Usage was always similar.

Anyhow I have 2 year apple care, if it degrades will claim that or move to new phone next year.
Same with me. Showed 100% for a long time. One fine day dropped to 99% and then stayed there for some time. It's only recently it has dropped to 96%. Can't say exact time period as I check it occasionally.

As far as I know battery is only changed in Apple care if it falls below 80%. Don't think that will happen in 2 year period. If someone is keeping it for long time a battery change is a Sensible choice.
Old 28th July 2023, 23:34   #15692
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harry10 View Post
Same with me. Showed 100% for a long time. One fine day dropped to 99% and then stayed there for some time. It's only recently it has dropped to 96%. Can't say exact time period as I check it occasionally.

As far as I know battery is only changed in Apple care if it falls below 80%. Don't think that will happen in 2 year period. If someone is keeping it for long time a battery change is a Sensible choice.
In exact 20 months, my iPhone 13 Promax battery life percentage dropped to 85%.

Like some of you all, I took care of the phone, babied it and tried charging less than 100% and not let it drop beyond 20%.

All that hard work didn't help as after a certain time the battery percentage will keep dropping irrespective of what you do.

Now I have decided to not break my head and just enjoy the phone.

The iPhone Thread-img_6708.png
mobike008 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 29th July 2023, 01:16   #15693
BHPian

My iPhone SE 2020 is now 2 years and 8 months old. The battery health stands at 76% and it is already showing "Service to restore performance" as a notification. The officially pathetic battery back up now stands around 10 hours with just a few calls, checking WhatsApp and mail, around 50minutes of wireless car play and minimum apps running in the background. I love the form factor of SE, don't want to go back to using 6 inch sized phones. Confused whether I should just change the battery for the quoted 6500INR, or carry a cheap power bank and upgrade to 13mini sometime later.
Old 29th July 2023, 10:47   #15694
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Haha.. couldn't agree more! Been there, done that!

Same is the case with my 2.5 year old 12 Pro. It's at 84% since 6 months now and has not moved an inch. LOL, idk how this battery health thing works in an iPhone.

I just don't fret about it anymore and in future too wouldn't bother about this thing.
ashvek3141 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th July 2023, 11:13   #15695
Senior - BHPian

I own an iPhone 11 as a primary phone. Haven't babied this around in terms of charging. Currently the battery health stands at 82% after 37 months. Given the iPhone prices, I'd replace the battery (costs 9450 for the 11) and wring this fella dry for another couple of years.

Tired of the heat sinking on wired/wireless Carplay usage, I got an Samsung A14 as a secondary phone mainly for car media and navigation usage. No more Google Maps crashes and navigation
Old 29th July 2023, 11:13   #15696
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
In exact 20 months, my iPhone 13 Promax battery life percentage dropped to 85%.

Like some of you all, I took care of the phone, babied it and tried charging less than 100% and not let it drop beyond 20%.

All that hard work didn't help as after a certain time the battery percentage will keep dropping irrespective of what you do.

Attachment 2482941
I have never done this charging criteria stuff which many people recommend. My phone seldom goes below 40% battery because when I am travelling in car I have the habit of putting it on charge. Also never cared if it charges 100% or less. Mostly it does charges to 100%. Battery replacement here is I believe around 5-6k. It's a decent price to pay after 2 years of use without worrying about the shenanigans of what percentage to charge and stop. Although I put it on optimized battery setting from first day itself.

I did not take Apple care as I have always the Armored case on with a good screen guard.

How much does battery replacement in USA costs outside of Apple care?
harry10 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th July 2023, 11:23   #15697
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by narayans80 View Post
I'd replace the battery (costs 9450 for the 11) and wring this fella dry for another couple of years.
The only issue with this is, Apple is notorious for slowing down its older phones, they have admitted this too. Personally, I have noticed some outrageous lags on my older iPhones, when they get 3-4 years old. Even my older iPhone 12-pro (26 months old) has started giving me symptoms of lag.

Apple’s marketing strategy for people to upgrade to new sets
NomadSK is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 29th July 2023, 18:43   #15698
Senior - BHPian

I'd given my perfectly working iPHONE 7 for battery replacement at imagine Jayanagar. Apparently the Rs 6,500 wasn't enough, and they say the front mic isn't working. Want to loot more. So I put them on call and apparently the mic isn't working 100%, just 80% and could be dust, (and they want Rs 1200 more for cleaning the body). They then clean it and say its perfectly alright. I caught on and insist they do a software check (and they show the latest check where the iPhone passed).

I insist they run it through the same software which failed the piece, in the first place. Lo and behold the phone fails (So their testing software seems rigged, to me). I ask for refund (Hoping Apple Genius bar opens in Bengaluru soon, to protect us from malpractices) and they're left red faced. Beware of this 'cleaning' scam.

Last edited by Sebring : 29th July 2023 at 18:45.
Sebring is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 30th July 2023, 10:13   #15699
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebring View Post
I'd given my perfectly working iPHONE 7 for battery replacement at imagine Jayanagar. Apparently the Rs 6,500 wasn't enough
6500/- INR for iPhone 7 battery is too steep ! The prices have almost doubled since March 2023!!

I had gotten the battery replaced of my iPhone 7 in Nov 2020 for 3500/-.
ashvek3141 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th August 2023, 13:06   #15700
Team-BHP Support

A weird thing is with my iPhone. I have double checked and Call Forwarding is switched off in my phone, but if I put the phone in flight mode / switch it off, calls get forwarded to my secondary Android phone. I just don't know which settings would disable this.
(And I can enable if / when needed).
Thanks.
Attached Thumbnails
The iPhone Thread-img_2852.png  

Last edited by Sheel : 12th August 2023 at 13:20.
Old 12th August 2023, 15:17   #15701
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheel View Post
A weird thing is with my iPhone. I have double checked and Call Forwarding is switched off in my phone
Thanks.
There may be a chance that you have enabled call forwarding option with your service provider.
rx100 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 12th August 2023, 17:54   #15702
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheel View Post
A weird thing is with my iPhone. I have double checked and Call Forwarding is switched off in my phone, but if I put the phone in flight mode / switch it off, calls get forwarded to my secondary Android phone. I just don't know which settings would disable this.
(And I can enable if / when needed).
Thanks.
Oh Man, this is happening with me too, whenever I’m in a “zero network zone” generally during work in remote locations or while flying, all my incoming calls get diverted to a random number (which doesn’t belong to me).

And the issue is I don’t even know who gets those calls. So the caller, when he calls next, tells me that someone has picked the call.

Since it never bothered me much, I have never tried to find the reason for it. Probably it’s with the service provider, as someone had mentioned it.
Old 14th August 2023, 16:33   #15703
BHPian

To cancel all preset number forwardings press ##002# on your dialer keypad and press the green call button. All forwards will be cancelled.
riteshritesh is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 15th August 2023, 11:49   #15704
BHPian

Hi Team,

My sister is planning to buy iPhone 14 (256GB) as a replacement for her current iPhone X (64GB). Does it make sense to buy an iPhone 14 at current prices? Should we wait for Apple to announce iPhone 15 so that we can get iPhone 14 at a much attractive price later? I am not sure if the price of iPhone 14 will fall materially post the launch of the new iPhone?
Old 15th August 2023, 11:52   #15705
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saanil View Post
Hi Team,

My sister is planning to buy iPhone 14 (256GB) as a replacement for her current iPhone X (64GB). Does it make sense to buy an iPhone 14 at current prices? Should we wait for Apple to announce iPhone 15 so that we can get iPhone 14 at a much attractive price later? I am not sure if the price of iPhone 14 will fall materially post the launch of the new iPhone?
Ideally the best time to buy iphone 14 would be BBD sale on Flipkart, historically that is when it is cheapest.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks