Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th November 2015, 15:23   #8191
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: The iPhone Thread

I don't know if there is a thread for the Apple watch. I couldn't find one at least
Bu saw just now that Apple watch has been launched in India. Prices starting from 31k all the way upto 96k
96K For a watch! you must be kidding me!

Source:
http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/t...w/49682140.cms
Old 6th November 2015, 15:44   #8192
BHPian

Got my dad's 6 swapped which was 8 days out of warranty and had developed a display issue. Called up the customer care explained them my condition and they acknowledged to take it upa as an exception. Saved a cool 25k
Also got an extended warranty for my 6 for 4350rs.
Old 6th November 2015, 16:13   #8193
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hemanth.anand View Post
Apple watch has been launched in India. Prices starting from 31k all the way upto 96k
96K For a watch! you must be kidding me!
It actually goes upto 10 lacs for the Gold Apple Watch Edition.

Thankfully, the prices are relatively close to the US prices unlike the iPhone 6S.
Old 6th November 2015, 16:56   #8194
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marauder View Post
Thankfully, the prices are relatively close to the US prices unlike the iPhone 6S.
So taxes duties and forex rates don't apply to one device? I always suspected apple India and their distributors were fleecing us, which is true now?
Old 6th November 2015, 18:15   #8195
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gokrish View Post
Bought iPhone 6S- 64GB, rose gold. Enjoying all its features and phone's response is really fast! Really liked 3D touch gesture and peek and pop.
Looks like you went from Android to IOS. Can you please give some info on the tools used and the process? Just got an iPhone for my daughter and need to move her stuff from Android. Thanks a ton.
Old 6th November 2015, 18:21   #8196
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marauder View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
So taxes duties and forex rates don't apply to one device? I always suspected apple India and their distributors were fleecing us, which is true now?
The import duty for the 'watch' may be less compared to the mobile phone, may be?
Old 6th November 2015, 19:37   #8197
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
IIRC even the ipad prices are more inline with US price since the first gen ipad, when compared to iphone. There was a drastic change in mobile phone duty recently? i am not too sure but remember reading something about it.
Old 6th November 2015, 20:34   #8198
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by bejoy View Post
The import duty for the 'watch' may be less compared to the mobile phone, may be?
Watches i am not sure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rahulkool View Post
IIRC even the ipad prices are more inline with US price since the first gen ipad, when compared to iphone. There was a drastic change in mobile phone duty recently? i am not too sure but remember reading something about it.
But tablet and phones are at same duty slab.

EDIT: Rough calculation with current currency rate and duties, at US base price of 649$, india price should be at 50-52k INR range.

Last edited by Jaggu : 6th November 2015 at 20:37.
Old 6th November 2015, 21:16   #8199
BHPian

Quote:
Of course they are, pricing is based on how much the Indian consumers would be willing to pay. Apple Watch in India would not sell in high numbers as compared to iPhones which are in demand whatever the price may be.
This is the reason that the introductory price for the subsequent generations of the iPhone has risen exponentially.

If duties and forex rates were the reason, then why can companies like OnePlus and Motorola price their phones at par with the US prices?
Old 7th November 2015, 07:45   #8200
Senior - BHPian

I might use some help here. I use an iphone 6. The issue that I have is as follows.

I am part of a whatsapp group of college friends and once in a while, there is someone in the group who shares a lovely SONG. Now, I can download and play the song, but I am not able to find any option where I can save those songs.

My other friends who use the Androids are able to save the songs like a breeze. :(

Does anyone know how this can be done? Or this again goes back to iTunes and putting into a laptop first and then, saving them back to your iphone thru iTunes?
Old 7th November 2015, 18:20   #8201
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkrishnakj View Post
Now, I can download and play the song, but I am not able to find any option where I can save those songs.
Play the song after downloading it, pause it, there is a share option on the left hand corner of your screen. Three options are listed, "save", "forward" and "share" which are self explanatory.

The video or picture will be saved to your videos and/or camera roll as applicable in your "Photos" album.

Cheers
Old 7th November 2015, 19:05   #8202
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyborg View Post
Play the song after downloading it, pause it, there is a share option on the left hand corner of your screen. Three options are listed, "save", "forward" and "share" which are self explanatory.

The video or picture will be saved to your videos and/or camera roll as applicable in your "Photos" album.

Cheers

That is not possible in iPhone. You can do it for videos and photos but not for music recordings or audio clips.
That is not possible sadly. You can email the song to yourself via the share option.
Old 7th November 2015, 19:18   #8203
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheTeacher View Post
Looks like you went from Android to IOS. Can you please give some info on the tools used and the process? Just got an iPhone for my daughter and need to move her stuff from Android. Thanks a ton.

Yes, I was using an Android based phone. Please use app 'Move to iOS' to transfer your data like contacts, photos, bookmarks, messages, etc to transfer data from android to iOS.
Old 7th November 2015, 19:20   #8204
BHPian

The iPhone Thread

[quote=jkrishnakj;3843281Does anyone know how this can be done? Or this again goes back to iTunes and putting into a laptop first and then, saving them back to your iphone thru iTunes?[/QUOTE]

Sadly, this can not be done on an iPhone without tinkering with it.

Last edited by Gokrish : 7th November 2015 at 19:21.
Old 8th November 2015, 09:53   #8205
BANNED

Looking to buy iphone 6 16gb space grey version, but it seems like price has increased recently in amazon and flipkart, why so? Production of iphone 6 gona stop? which is the best option now, any good if i wait for one more month?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks