Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th November 2015, 12:38   #8176
Team-BHP Support

Re: The iPhone Thread

iOS 9 has been a disaster so far; even 9.1 has too many bugs.

- Every time I turn the phone off and on, I have to re sign-in to iCloud
- When the phone is not charging: at times, the WiFi is continuously connected; more often, the phone keeps disconnecting the WiFi
- I have the Continuity thing enabled between my iPhone and MacBook Pro. Not sure if this is a El Capitan and iOS problem or just iOS 9 but every now and then, I have to re log-in Messages and FaceTime to sync my MBP

I've found some bugs on El Capitan as well. Wonder why this has been such a shoddy update.
Old 4th November 2015, 17:18   #8177
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by libranof1987 View Post
Have you tried clean install to latest version? Try that after a complete back up, so that you can restore data and setting back later on. Apart from being little battery hungry (my perception), don't have any issues with 9 so far.
Old 4th November 2015, 17:33   #8178
Senior - BHPian

Got a new iPhone 6 as a gift last week. Currently I use a 4S. I will start the process of changing to Nano sim today.

Looking for a case for it. What are type of case should I go for? I don't want the case to spoil the phone's look, and it should not be too bulky either.

Tempered glass screen protector seems to be recommended in this thread. I am still sitting on the fence though. Considering the fact that there are a few minor scratches on my 4S, I do feel the need for a screen protector. Advice would be helpful
Old 4th November 2015, 17:45   #8179
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AkMar View Post
Tempered glass screen protector seems to be recommended in this thread.
I did not start using my 6 plus till I fitted the tempered glass. You can get yourself a good tempered glass that will make your phone look good. I got a black colored tempered glass both for the front and back. The phone kinda looks like a black iphone with it. Also a rubberised back is what I currently use. I have a couple of cases - magnetic, detachable wallet case as well as a sliding fully covered case. I find those a bit of a pain now and am carrying it just with this back covered soft one...
Old 4th November 2015, 18:16   #8180
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Looking for a case for it. What are type of case should I go for? I don't want the case to spoil the phone's look, and it should not be too bulky either.
Congratz. Have you thought on the lines of just getting a good bumper, i use this http://www.amazon.in/iPhone-Spigen%C...ybrid+aluminum and device has survived quite a lot of solid falls and throwing around (don't ask me how!). No need for any screen protectors also since the sides are raised.

Downside - looses the super thin feel of naked phone.
Old 4th November 2015, 21:08   #8181
BHPian

Quote:
Got a new iPhone 6 as a gift last week. Currently I use a 4S. I will start the process of changing to Nano sim today.

The wallet cases by CM4 are very popular in the US, as u can carry your DL, Credit card, ID and some notes behind your phone. Don't know if they still ship to India, but I find them on par with Otterbox which I've used for years. I saw these by Vault available here too.

iPhone 6 Wallet Case - Vault Slim Wallet for iPhone 6/6s (4.7") by Silk - Ultra Slim Protective Wallet Cover (Midnight Black) https://www.amazon.in/dp/B00N3K42BM/..._1wIowbH6RFNMS
Old 5th November 2015, 06:33   #8182
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by libranof1987 View Post

- Every time I turn the phone off and on, I have to re sign-in to iCloud
- When the phone is not charging: at times, the WiFi is continuously connected; more often, the phone keeps disconnecting the WiFi
- I have the Continuity thing enabled between my iPhone and MacBook Pro. Not sure if this is a El Capitan and iOS problem or just iOS 9 but every now and then, I have to re log-in Messages and FaceTime to sync my MBP

I've found some bugs on El Capitan as well. Wonder why this has been such a shoddy update.
iOS 9 was initially buggy on my iPh5S, what with hanging screens when switching between apps etc. Upgraded to iOS 9.1 last week, not really seen much to crib about as yet. I havent really noticed the improvement in battery life as claimed. Between, i use my phone quite frequently, and apps refresh, emails sync etc are always active.
Old 5th November 2015, 06:54   #8183
Team-BHP Support

^^I am also on iOS 9.1 with my 5S and not noticed any issues so far. Always on Wi-Fi/4G as available, no noticeable difference in battery-life in regular mode, but the battery-saver mode is just brilliant.
Old 5th November 2015, 17:39   #8184
Distinguished - BHPian

I am on iOS 9.1 on my 6+ and it works flawlessly. Except like Jaggu said, I too experienced the battery seems more hungry now
Old 5th November 2015, 18:15   #8185
BHPian

Similar experience on the Six Plus, The battery is draining quicker than it was prior to the 9.1 upgrade
Old 5th November 2015, 23:54   #8186
Distinguished - BHPian

I have the 9.1 on my iP5 and feel that the phone is faster than it was on 9. I don't feel any difference with the battery backup as it is better than iOS 8. It lasts 20-24 hrs with moderate use and 5-6 hours of music playback on headphones. The battery lasts significantly longer if it is connected to a Wi-Fi network instead of 3G.

I find some lag creeping into the >2.5 year old and am debating with the idea of upgrading. I don't feel splurging on a 6 or 6s. Would be a good idea to go for a 5s now? Will it be faster than the 5? Somehow I like the older slab design than the current wafer design. Any ideas?
Old 6th November 2015, 00:05   #8187
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashis89 View Post

I find some lag creeping into the >2.5 year old and am debating with the idea of upgrading. I don't feel splurging on a 6 or 6s. Would be a good idea to go for a 5s now? Will it be faster than the 5? Somehow I like the older slab design than the current wafer design. Any ideas?

It will definitely be faster than a 5, but then, you will be saying the same thing by this time next year with a 5S. At the end of the day, its been 2 years since the phone came out.
You will definitely find a used iphone 6 in mint condition, atleast 8-9 thousand less than the price of a brand new, basically, close to the price of a new 5S.
Old 6th November 2015, 02:16   #8188
BHPian

Quote:
I have the 9.1 on my iP5 and feel that the phone is faster than it was on 9. I don't feel any difference with the battery backup as it is better than iOS 8. It lasts 20-24 hrs with moderate use and 5-6 hours of music playback on headphones. The battery lasts significantly longer if it is connected to a Wi-Fi network instead of 3G.

Take the plunge and buy a 6, with all the Cash Back options you should be able to find a good deal. The larger screen size and other features are a major upgrade over the 5-5s. The 6s is atrociously priced in India, but the 6 is not too bad around 35k

If looking at used, then you might be able to find a cheaper six plus than six too

Last edited by amit_2025 : 6th November 2015 at 02:17.
Old 6th November 2015, 10:32   #8189
Distinguished - BHPian

I never thought about the used phone option and even now, I'm a bit skeptical. Any idea how much a 2.5 year old iP5 (32 GB) fetch in the used market?
Old 6th November 2015, 10:37   #8190
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
I never thought about the used phone option and even now, I'm a bit skeptical. Any idea how much a 2.5 year old iP5 (32 GB) fetch in the used market?
Check your local OLX and Quikr, you should be able to target similar prices (2-3k buffer sellers usually keep).

iPhone 6 is a good option now with minimal investments once your sell the 5. 5S is not worth an upgrade from 5 at this point of time.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks