Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th November 2015, 11:14   #8221
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicky View Post
My Iphone 5 screen is broken.
I want to get it fixed.
Does any body know some good shop in Pune?

BTW, i already bought Iphone 6S as replacement. Will handover Iphone 5 to my kid after repair.

I know some guys around MG Road, got my 5S screen fixed from them too. Should cost around 6-7k. I have PMed you the details.
Old 9th November 2015, 11:28   #8222
BHPian

Re: The iPhone Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkkkkaran View Post
I know some guys around MG Road, got my 5S screen fixed from them too. Should cost around 6-7k. I have PMed you the details.
Thanks a lot Karan. Just had chat with him. Response and Attitude was really good.
I will shortly visit him for cost estimation.

regards;
komal
Old 9th November 2015, 11:33   #8223
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by splitsecond View Post
Its for my girl, she wont install much apps so 16gb is okay.
Unless she is used to carrying loads of media and games, 16 GB is aok. Working well for me for many years.
Old 11th November 2015, 08:52   #8224
Team-BHP Support

Which new iPhone on the lines of iPhone 5S is going to be launched in 2016, any one has any clue?
Old 11th November 2015, 12:00   #8225
Team-BHP Support

Just got my dad an iPhone 5s; now comes the painful part. How do I transfer his contacts from his 19th century Blackberry Storm 2 to the iPhone? I tried Bluetooth transfer but iPhone doesn't recognize the BB. I'd like to avoid 3rd party apps as much as possible. Plus, the BB can't/won't install any apps anyway.
Old 11th November 2015, 12:08   #8226
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by libranof1987 View Post
Just got my dad an iPhone 5s; now comes the painful part. How do I transfer his contacts from his 19th century Blackberry Storm 2 to the iPhone? I tried Bluetooth transfer but iPhone doesn't recognize the BB. I'd like to avoid 3rd party apps as much as possible. Plus, the BB can't/won't install any apps anyway.

Export the contacts to VCF file. iPhone will read it. Else try CSV, then use iCloud and import the contacts.
Old 11th November 2015, 15:58   #8227
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by IronH4WK View Post
Export the contacts to VCF file. iPhone will read it. Else try CSV, then use iCloud and import the contacts.
Easiest is to use the comp, sync BB to outlook and sync back to iPhone. Another option is to use gmail contact sync. Other data like pics manually copy paste to comp and then resync to iPhone through iTunes.
Old 11th November 2015, 21:44   #8228
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
Easiest is to use the comp, sync BB to outlook and sync back to iPhone. Another option is to use gmail contact sync. Other data like pics manually copy paste to comp and then resync to iPhone through iTunes.
I'm using Blackberry Desktop Manager to sync the contacts. Now here's the problem: there are 2 email addresses that have been used to save contacts and each have 2 versions. Unfortunately, the one with all the entries (a yahoo account) isn't being used to pick all the contacts. When I go to that Contact options, it says Wirless sync is not available. Even on the Yahoo desktop email page, contacts from only one of the two entires is listed (the one I want isn't displayed).
Old 11th November 2015, 21:52   #8229
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
I'm using Blackberry Desktop Manager to sync the contacts. Now here's the problem: there are 2 email addresses that have been used to save contacts and each have 2 versions. Unfortunately, the one with all the entries (a yahoo account) isn't being used to pick all the contacts. When I go to that Contact options, it says Wirless sync is not available. Even on the Yahoo desktop email page, contacts from only one of the two entires is listed (the one I want isn't displayed).
Have you tried configuring/download these in a desktop application like outlook? If it syncs on outlook, it is just a matter of copy paste. Then upload to gmail, it has a very good merge option that will help clean up the duplicates.
Old 11th November 2015, 22:02   #8230
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
Have you tried configuring/download these in a desktop application like outlook? If it syncs on outlook, it is just a matter of copy paste. Then upload to gmail, it has a very good merge option that will help clean up the duplicates.
That's where the issue is- there are 2 email IDs: ABC@gmail.com, ABC@yahoo.com on the phone. For each of these IDs, 2 entries have been created. So, one entry for gmail has 0 contacts and other has 5. For yahoo, one has 60 and other has 340. Now, the one with 60 contacts is getting synced; not the one with 340. And for the one with 340, I don't even get the option of turning on/off wireless sync. When I log in to yahoo email on the webpage, I can see only 60 contacts; wonder where those 340 are.
Old 12th November 2015, 08:02   #8231
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
When I log in to yahoo email on the webpage, I can see only 60 contacts; wonder where those 340 are.
These must be the phone contacts that are not synced with Yahoo, but still get displayed under "Yahoo" contacts.

What I did once to sort out all my contacts from various devices is this.
1.make a new gmail Id, abcscontacts@gmail.com
2.sync only the contacts on the various devices to this id.
3.add the id to the new device and sync only the contacts.

Now all the contacts will be in one id and your new device will sync any new contracts you add to this account.
Old 12th November 2015, 09:19   #8232
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackwasp View Post
These must be the phone contacts that are not synced with Yahoo, but still get displayed under "Yahoo" contacts.

What I did once to sort out all my contacts from various devices is this.
1.make a new gmail Id, abcscontacts@gmail.com
2.sync only the contacts on the various devices to this id.
3.add the id to the new device and sync only the contacts.

Now all the contacts will be in one id and your new device will sync any new contracts you add to this account.
How do I move contacts from the Yahoo account that isn't getting synced to the one that is? I can't see any option to move/copy/merge contacts.
Old 12th November 2015, 11:33   #8233
Senior - BHPian

@Nishad: couple of links i thought might be useful.

http://www.macworld.co.uk/how-to/iph...phone-3465033/

http://www.copytrans.net/support/tra...cts-to-iphone/

http://www.everythingicafe.com/trans...kberry-iphone/

Last edited by IronH4WK : 12th November 2015 at 11:34.
Old 12th November 2015, 12:20   #8234
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
When I log in to yahoo email on the webpage, I can see only 60 contacts; wonder where those 340 are.
Good point, goto contacts settings on phone and select different list and check where the contacts are? Maybe the missing contacts are stored elsewhere, on the device itself? If it is missing data in the synced contacts, chances are it is stored in a different field that is not showing. Then one way it to export it into a editable file egs: csv, and correcting the field entry, then re-syncing.

Another option are you able to transfer the contacts to the sim? Then you can use sim to transfer it to iphone?

Last edited by Jaggu : 12th November 2015 at 12:23.
Old 12th November 2015, 16:09   #8235
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drhoneycake View Post
I have an iPhone 6 Gold 64 GB. Off late the app Shazam doesn't seem to recognise any music track I throw at it. I didn't have this problem with my 4S.

Is this a one-off issue??? Anyone else facing the same issue ???

It records, says tag pending and when I get home and use my wifi, instead of finding the track, it just erases them.

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Team-BHP
Must be a one off thing. I don't face this with my iphone 6 +. Suggest a restore is a simple install/uninstall doesnt work. Have you tried that?

I myself restore often to keep the "other" data usage low (basically app local files)

Hope this helps.

Cheers

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks