Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th October 2023, 10:41   #15976
BHPian

Re: The iPhone Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by IamNikhil View Post
It’s become quite an open secret by now that companies wilfully reduce the performance of older phones with software updates. It’s the easiest trick in the book to push customers to buy new phones.
Partly agree. As the phone ages, the battery degrades. To keep battery life the same Apple throttles the CPU to maintain the same battery life. Most customers would prefer battery life vs that tiny bit of extra performance.

After 3 years, you should get your battery replaced to maintain the performance and battery life !

Also, apps get more features over the lifecycle of the product and we notice that it's not as snappy in the same app.

In conclusion, user specific apps, Apple and battery degradation along with a bit of planned obsolescence leads to poor experience over time!
lxskllr is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th October 2023, 07:34   #15977
BHPian

Re: 15 Pro vs 15 Pro Max?

I would like to upgrade my sister's iPhone 11. I would purchase the phone in US for use in India. What could be a better upgrade in terms of 15 Pro vs 15 Pro Max?

Also, where can she get a best deal for her used iPhone 11 in India. She is based out of Mumbai.

Please advise!

Last edited by JMaruru : 15th October 2023 at 07:35.
Old 15th October 2023, 08:24   #15978
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMaruru View Post
I would like to upgrade my sister's iPhone 11. I would purchase the phone in US for use in India. What could be a better upgrade in terms of 15 Pro vs 15 Pro Max?
Since she is using the iPhone 11, the 15 Pro would be ideal in terms of size. The 15 Pro Max would take a bit of time to get used to. If she prefers the bigger Pro Max version then you can buy the same.

The only major difference is that the 15 Pro has 3x Zoom while the 15 Pro Max gets 5x Zoom. Also, 15 Pro max has a larger battery than the 15 pro.

Here’s a pictorial difference posted by a mod. (The iPhone Thread)

Quote:
Also, where can she get a best deal for her used iPhone 11 in India. She is based out of Mumbai.
No firsthand experience but you can try Cashify. Usually what I found is authorised stores quote less than what Cashify offers. Or you can also explore options of selling at local shops in your locality.
ex-innova-guy is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 15th October 2023, 12:45   #15979
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pedrolourenco View Post
I managed to damage the screen of my 14 Pro Max. There was water on the floor which I didn't see and I slipped. Dropped the phone to maintain my balance. Turned out to be a wise decision as a cracked skull would be more expensive to fix than a cracked screen. The phone had a Spine tempered glass. The point of impact was the edge of the tempered glass. Initially I thought it was the tempered glass that shattered so ordered a new one. However after removing the old one I realised that the screen had cracked. A guy from the Apple service centre told me that there are people who replace only the top glass of the screen in such cases since the display was intact. No black marks. Managed to get a guy who agreed to do it for 14K. However while he was doing it the screen gave way and there were the black patches over the edges. Now I have to change the entire display. The guy however agreed to share the cost of the new display.
Finally changed to a complete display (Apple Original). The technician who damaged the screen offered to bear a part of the cost as a courtesy without me asking him to do so.
Old 16th October 2023, 13:03   #15980
BHPian

Quote:
I have started exchanging my phones at Vijay Sales/Croma/Reliance, depending on the offer their buyback personnel gives. All 3 have either Cashify or someone posted in-house and along with the exchange price they also have exchange discount and a credit card offer with their cashback. So all-in-all, it works out sweeter with a phone to exchange.
Cashify has physical shops around mumbai. I have seen one near Paradise Cinema Mahim. It is better to go in person than sell online to cashify( the person who comes home have always tried to lowball me). There is also 1 shop near Bandra Talao called sahivalue.com. They are big in used phone buying and selling.
riteshritesh is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th October 2023, 23:02   #15981
Senior - BHPian

Anyone here using WhatsApp Business? How is it on iOS?

I face a lot of hanging issues on my iPhone 13 mini. Most of it is on WhatsApp business. The messages take a few seconds to load and the app is unresponsive during the time.
Old 17th October 2023, 07:48   #15982
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ex-innova-guy View Post
Since she is using the iPhone 11, the 15 Pro would be ideal in terms of size. The 15 Pro Max would take a bit of time to get used to.
She also thought the same. But, the price difference between 15 Pro 256GB($1099) and 15 Pro Max($1199) is just $100. This is coz, the 15 Pro starts at 128GB($999) and 15 Pro Max at 256GB. In this situation, feel Pro Max makes sense.

Quote:
Originally Posted by riteshritesh View Post
So all-in-all, it works out sweeter with a phone to exchange.
We are ONLY selling the iPhone 11. Does cashify accept sell only trades?
Old 17th October 2023, 10:34   #15983
BHPian

Quote:
Yes, they do. I have made a sell order and it is scheduled for a doorstep pick up today. So far the experience is good, but will update this thread once they pick up and transfer the money as agreed.

You can register on their site or app, and answer few of the questions. Final price may vary depends on the phone condition and pick up location, still better rate than what Amazon/FK quoted for exchange. They may send some promo codes too and you can claim additional 100/200 Rs too.
Old 17th October 2023, 12:45   #15984
BHPian

Quote:
Cashify has physical shops around mumbai. I have seen one near Paradise Cinema Mahim. It is better to go in person than sell online to cashify( the person who comes home have always tried to lowball me). There is also 1 shop near Bandra Talao called sahivalue.com. They are big in used phone buying and selling.

This part is for sell-only trades. Sorry for the confusing message.
Old 17th October 2023, 15:31   #15985
Senior - BHPian

Anyone got iphone 15 plus here?
Just need some basic review if it's got any issues and how's the experience so far.
Old 17th October 2023, 15:32   #15986
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by riteshritesh View Post
Cashify has physical shops around mumbai. I have seen one near Paradise Cinema Mahim. It is better to go in person than sell online to cashify( the person who comes home have always tried to lowball me).
Have sold around 5 phones of the family via Cashify. Completely agree with you regarding the person coming home trying to lowball by giving random excuses. The physical shop at Mahim is walking distance from my house, got a better rate at the shop without any hassles.
IamNikhil is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th October 2023, 07:28   #15987
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by harry10 View Post
Just need some basic review if it's got any issues and how's the experience so far.
Great phone - except for that one additional camera, its literally an iPhone 14 Pro Max, without the added weight.
vb-saan is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th October 2023, 09:54   #15988
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Really liked black variant of the Plus, and almost bought 256 GB version. It costs 1 Lakh and 95K after the card discount. That is when I backed out. Costliest phone I purchased till today is Redmi K20 Pro @27K and have no guts to spent close to a Lakh rupee on a phone.

Last edited by Latheesh : 18th October 2023 at 09:58.
Latheesh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th October 2023, 10:04   #15989
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latheesh View Post
Really liked black variant of the Plus, and almost bought 256 GB version. It costs 1 Lakh and 95K after the card discount. That is when I backed out. Costliest phone I purchased till today is Redmi K20 Pro @27K and have no guts to spent close to a Lakh rupee on a phone.
I know the feeling

I am looking at 85k for 128gb variant after 5k Hdfc discount. Costliest I have bought is my iPhone 13 for 55k last year. Almost bought the 14plus in latest flipkart sale for 60k. Just that 14plus didn't seem much of an upgrade over 13 except for bigger screen and battery. Then tried 15plus at Croma and really liked it. Seemed like an upgrade over 13. Just waiting till Diwali to see if I can manage getting it for 80k.
Old 18th October 2023, 10:16   #15990
BHPian

Quote:
Picked it up a few days back. No technical issues so far but I did face issues when porting my WA to iPhone from Android and lost all of my history. Gave up after a couple of days.

I exchanged my old android phone so net hit was 78K to pocket. Doubt any price drop shall be noticed for 15s but 14s may go even cheaper. I was seeing offers of below 60K on Flipkart for 14+ in last sale (with exchange of-course).

Picked 15+ for larger battery. Otherwise regular 15 should be sufficient for most usage. I hate the 5GB limit on iCloud (since coming from Android world) and so you can pick 15 256GB for same price if you are ok with size and battery but want more storage.

Last edited by sunilch : 18th October 2023 at 10:17.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks