Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th November 2023, 22:39   #16036
BHPian

Re: The iPhone Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post
I think it is a keeper.
Fully agree on this. I too love phones with compact form factor , but sadly they come with some or the other trade-off!

For the very reason I have retained my 5 years old iPhone 7 as a secondary phone. Just love the form factor, nothing else. It still does 80% of the things right, albeit with a poor battery life.

On a side note, given the poor response to the Mini’s Apple is done with those. They did their experiments with the 12 & 13 Mini which probably didn’t meet their sales expectations I presume. Also, majority of the consumers prefer large sizes phones.
ashvek3141 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th November 2023, 13:38   #16037
BHPian

Apple only sold a few million Mini’s which is too less to justify continued investment in R&D and production on their end.

Having tried my mums 12 mini, I can say I’d never use it. Can’t even type on it properly, cameras are terrible (no telephoto lens, no sensor shift image stabilisation), screen is not nearly as bright as the pros, touch isn’t smooth as there’s no pro motion and field of view in a game is severely limited. Plus, battery life is terrible.

Unless one has very small hands, I’d say at least 6.1” screens should be considered, for me the pro max is the perfect size, not too big and not too small with stellar battery life.

Last edited by AJ56 : 6th November 2023 at 13:41.
AJ56 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th November 2023, 13:55   #16038
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJ56 View Post
Unless one has very small hands, I’d say at least 6.1” screens should be considered, for me the pro max is the perfect size, not too big and not too small with stellar battery life.
I used to use an iPhone 4S. The Mini evokes pure nostalgia in me. That is one reason why I like that form factor, size and weight. Easy to place in the pocket.
shankar.balan is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th November 2023, 21:11   #16039
Senior - BHPian

I love the form factor of the 13 Mini. Had shifted to it from iPhone SE. Both were bought at launch.

While I never had any issues with the SE, 13 mini is plagued with problems. WhatsApp business lags on the phone even after deleting all the data. Touch is sometimes unresponsive. Several websites don't render properly. Battery life is variable between 6 hrs to 18 hrs with the same usage. Random restarts during the night (passcode asked in the morning), etc.

I don't use for anything other than phone, WhatsApp business, browsing social media, emergency browsing.
Old 7th November 2023, 00:46   #16040
BHPian

My wife has a 12 mini bought two years ago. I have a 13 which I bought last year but I have always had my eyes set on the mini. I have tried numerous times to exchange my 13 with the wife's mini, but she wouldn't have any of it.

So sad Apple does not make them anymore.
Old 7th November 2023, 11:27   #16041
BHPian

Below is the battery health status of my 3 years old 12 Pro. Though the native iPhone setting says it is at 84%; the data from the ‘analytics’ file says otherwise.

Nevertheless, I think ~80% battery health with 999 charging cycles is pretty decent.

Ofcourse, the phone requires frequent charging now; so I charge it twice in a day.

Current iOS version is 17.0.1.

The iPhone Thread-img_2083.jpeg

The iPhone Thread-img_2084.png

P.S.: I don’t check this battery health thingy anymore. I was obsessed with it when I had got the phone though. But I have given up on it now and let the iPhone do its thing.
Yesterday just casually I thought of checking it for fun!

Last edited by ashvek3141 : 7th November 2023 at 11:46.
ashvek3141 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th November 2023, 11:58   #16042
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashvek3141 View Post
Below is the battery health status of my 3 years old 12 Pro. Though the native iPhone setting says it is at 84%; the data from the ‘analytics’ file says otherwise.
The shortcut uses your actual battery capacity (Max FCC) to calculate the life left by dividing with the Nominal capacity.

The battery health shown in settings uses the rated capacity of the iPhone battery to calculate, in your case the rated capacity of the 12 Pro is 2815 mAh while the actual capacity is 2914 mAh. As your phone shipped with 103.5% of rated battery capacity, the same ~4% difference is observed between the real capacity and rated capacity health calculations.

This is completely normal, my 13 pro max shipped with 4522 mAh while it’s rated at 4352 mAh.
AJ56 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th November 2023, 23:10   #16043
BHPian

iOS 17.1.1 update has been rolled out.
IamNikhil is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 8th November 2023, 23:27   #16044
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by civic-sense View Post
My wife has a 12 mini bought two years ago. I have a 13 which I bought last year but I have always had my eyes set on the mini. I have tried numerous times to exchange my 13 with the wife's mini, but she wouldn't have any of it.

So sad Apple does not make them anymore.
My wife also has a 12 mini. I have an SE 2020 and I was waiting for a good offer to upgrade to 13mini. I was so shocked to see the mini series getting discontinued with launch of iPhone 15 series. I am trying to convince my wife to give me her 12 mini and I will exchange my SE and get her a new iPhone of her choice. Somehow she isn’t showing much interest to the idea
Night Raven is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th November 2023, 06:01   #16045
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

I went to the local apple store nearby and met the same gent who sold me my present 12 Pro Max in Jan 2021. He checked the phone and said the value was Rs 40500/- plus 4000 Rs exchange Bonus.

He checked my 13 Mini which is about a year old and said it will fetch 30000. Then there is the HDFC offer. That brings another 4000.

So perhaps Rs 78000 credit in the best case scenario, to buy a new iPhone 15 Pro Max which costs 159900.

My Dad’s iPhone XR May 2021 model was evaluated at Rs 11000/-. Terrible depreciation on these iPhones.
Old 11th November 2023, 08:43   #16046
Senior - BHPian

So my mom just got SE3 as she is comfortable with the fingerprint scanner and the old form factor. Previously she had iphone 6 which is now back with me for sale.

Do Apple stores buy older phones or you can just exchange for new models? Or is it better to sell on cashify?

Edit: Just noticed 6 is not even listed on Cashify anymore

The iPhone Thread-img_2975.jpeg

Last edited by SoumenD : 11th November 2023 at 08:50.
Old 11th November 2023, 08:53   #16047
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoumenD View Post
So my mom just got SE3 as she is comfortable with the fingerprint scanner and the old form factor. Previously she had iphone 6 which is now back with me for sale.
Sell it at CEX. They offer better price without the compulsion of buying anything from them. Cashify has delisted many old generation phones of all brands. Moreover, the prices offered are really disappointing.
VWAllstar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th November 2023, 12:32   #16048
BHPian

Hi - just wanted to check if anyone has bought screen guard and lens guard online for iPhone 15 Pro and applied it without external help. I am keen to buy spigen screen guard and lens guard but haven't applied them in the past and have always got it done at a shop. However, this time around I am travelling fair bit and may not get time to go out to get it done. Let me know the preferred brands and tips/tricks for ease of doing it
Old 12th November 2023, 16:10   #16049
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by youknowitbetter View Post
Hi - just wanted to check if anyone has bought screen guard and lens guard online for iPhone 15 Pro and applied it without external help.
I got 'Spigen EZ Fit Privacy Tempered Glass Screen Protector Guard' from Amazon yesterday for my iPhone 15 Pro Max and applied it on my own. I was also in two minds about applying it myself but gave it a go. I did clean it properly but a small speck was left somehow and it shows under the tempered glass. Not actually visible easily but when you know it's there, your eyes will always land on that. Otherwise, it is a fairly straightforward process with all the things provided in the packet and the screen frame makes it easy to apply. Just ensure that all dust is cleared by using dust protector and you immediately apply it on the phone.
Cheers
Old 12th November 2023, 16:46   #16050

Quote:
Originally Posted by youknowitbetter View Post
Hi - just wanted to check if anyone has bought screen guard and lens guard online for iPhone 15 Pro and applied it without external help. I am keen to buy spigen screen guard and lens guard but haven't applied them in the past and have always got it done at a shop. However, this time around I am travelling fair bit and may not get time to go out to get it done. Let me know the preferred brands and tips/tricks for ease of doing it
Recently bought ESR Armorite iPhone Pro Guard and Camera Lens Guard set. Pretty simple to apply with the instructions provided also there is a link for a video showing application process. Also I must say quality of the Guard is much better than what is available locally, finger glides like on a screen without tempered.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks