Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th December 2023, 23:27   #16171
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: The iPhone Thread

As with any new iPhone purchase, I always get a new transparent cover (I don't like any other) that shows off the beauty of the flagship.

Surprised to see they threw in a couple of screen protectors as well.

This time, the additional purchase was the USB-C adapters and I always buy Anker as they are the best for iPhones.

Got a pair of them.

I did my first charge with Anker and it was blazing fast. 20% to 100% was in about an hour.

Anker fast chargers.

The iPhone Thread-fullsizerender.jpg

Transparent cover

The iPhone Thread-fullsizerender-2.jpg

The iPhone Thread-fullsizerender-3.jpg

Looks gorgeous..

The iPhone Thread-img_4609.jpg
mobike008 is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 29th December 2023, 02:43   #16172
BHPian

I want to ask few questions to long time iphone users:

1. Are you able to edit a phone number before you dial? Let's say you copy and phone number and paste it in the dial screen are you able to edit it now?

2. Are you able to exit from iMessages groups, especially when someone in the group has an older version of iOS?

3. Is there a really hidden folder where you can hide pictures? Not the folder named "hidden".

4. When you have a headset connected with bluetooth, and when you receive a call does it go directly to bluetooth or you have to select from the menu?
Old 29th December 2023, 03:40   #16173
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Ogre View Post
I want to ask few questions to long time iphone users:

1. Are you able to edit a phone number before you dial? Let's say you copy and phone number and paste it in the dial screen are you able to edit it now?

2. Are you able to exit from iMessages groups, especially when someone in the group has an older version of iOS?

3. Is there a really hidden folder where you can hide pictures? Not the folder named "hidden".

4. When you have a headset connected with bluetooth, and when you receive a call does it go directly to bluetooth or you have to select from the menu?
1. Yes, it's editable but, only in "create contacts" page and not on dial pad.

2. No Clue

3. Yes. All pictures can go into hidden folder and then in settings option you can switch off the hidden folder so it doesn't appear in albums list.

4. Multiple Options (Citing my case) when a call arrives - Iphone/Speaker/Headset/Living Room Where the HT/iPad/Or any other devices that is connected to the iPhone.
mobike008 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th December 2023, 08:08   #16174
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Ogre View Post
You can only do backspace; not say, be able to place a cursor anywhere and edit the no.

Quote:
Just the "Hidden" album that is a system default. You can't create a new album and hide it.

Quote:
By default, it'll go to BT; but the moment you get a call, there'll be a pop-up at the bottom that will list your options: Phone, Phone speaker, BT, anything else that is connected/compatible.

Last edited by libranof1987 : 29th December 2023 at 09:19.
libranof1987 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th December 2023, 11:40   #16175
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
Am looking for a robust MagSafe-compatible car phone mount for my heavy 14 Pro Max. Can be vent or dash-mounted, but the magnet system must be strong enough for it not fall off. Would also like to mount it on the central part of the dash, i.e. near about the centre AC vents to prevent any easy snatching from either window.
After going through a myriad of different mounts and Amazon returns, I finally settled on this one and have been using it every day for 6 months+:

ESR Magnetic Car Mount (HaloLock) Compatible with MagSafe Car Mount, Magnetic Phone Holder for Car, Air Vent Magnetic Phone Mount for iPhone 15/14/13/12

It has a hook mechanism that can be fitted either vertically or horizontally depending on your vent type. The magnetic attachment with my Spigen 14 Pro Max magsafe case is solid and has never fallen off.

Also recommend to get the ESR magnetic ring 360 sticker if you have a non-magsafe case, that thing sticks to the mount like superglue! Got this for my wife's 14 non-magsafe case and it gets attached even more firmly than mine.

Hope this helps.
s4ch is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th December 2023, 23:02   #16176
Distinguished - BHPian

I bumped into this "new feature" for iPhone 15. Not really sure if it's a phone feature or updated in recent software release.

Now you can limit your iPhone to charge up to 80%, if you toggle this feature on in the battery settings.

How will this help the battery life in the long run remains to be seen.

The iPhone Thread-img_0271.png
mobike008 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th December 2023, 23:15   #16177
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Same time next year you will have the 16 Pro Max, so I am not holding my breath for a long term review

Don’t worry about the battery just yet, enjoy your phone! It will be probably be just fine. Looking forward to more food/trip/nature photos
Dry Ice is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th December 2023, 23:24   #16178
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dry Ice View Post
Same time next year you will have the 16 Pro Max, so I am not holding my breath for a long term review.

Is my reputation that bad???

Quote:
Don’t worry about the battery just yet, enjoy your phone! It will be probably be just fine. Looking forward to more food/trip/nature photos
I'm not worried. I have to act concerned and show some indignation as a rightful consumer.

Quote:
Looking forward to more food/trip/nature photos
Thanks....Couple of photoblogs coming up soon. Please keep your eyes peeled out for same.
mobike008 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th December 2023, 09:18   #16179
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I bumped into this "new feature" for iPhone 15. Not really sure if it's a phone feature or updated in recent software release.

Now you can limit your iPhone to charge up to 80%, if you toggle this feature on in the battery settings.

Attachment 2551312
It's a good feature to have but I don't use it. Optimized charging has worked really well so I am continuing to do so and charging phone once a day to 100%.

And why will you bother about the battery percentage when after an year 16 pro max will be with you
harry10 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th January 2024, 12:21   #16180
BHPian

Finally, I bit the bullet and bought my first Pro iPhone - the 15 Pro.

The iPhone Thread-151.png

The iPhone Thread-152.png

I wouldn't have bought a pro if they had not ditched steel for the lighter titanium frame. I really don't feel that titanium looks better than steel, but the weight reduction helps. I went for the white version as against the much-famed natural color as I think it looks better in person. Happy to get rid of the bland-blue iPhone 13.

Got a ESR clear case and protector from Amazon. It was a bundle and came with camera lens protectors. Not a fan of lens protectors, yet I installed it. May take it off eventually.

Some issues -

- Battery life seems to be lesser than the 13, and the 80% limit setting is shaving off 20% from the capacity. If it does not improve, I will disable charge limiting.
- The phone heats up and I can feel it when not using a case (the case from amazon took 2 days to arrive). In fact, all the display phones at the store were running hot, which I thought was because they were on wireless charge. I hope it gets better over time or they issue a software fix. I still have an option to return it within 14 days.
- The phone is thicker, the camera bump is more pronounced and the large camera island is an eyesore. The whole thing looks bulky with the thick case. I may shift to a thinner case after getting Apple Care.

Last edited by dragonfire : 4th January 2024 at 12:29.
Old 4th January 2024, 12:58   #16181
BHPian

Hi all, is there any transparent case for iPhone 15 that has a flat back? I bought a Ringke matt transparent case but the back is shaped as the phone itself and so the phone is not flat on the table. Any suggestions appreciated.
Old 4th January 2024, 13:17   #16182
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonfire View Post
Finally, I bit the bullet and bought my first Pro iPhone - the 15 Pro

- Battery life seems to be lesser than the 13, and the 80% limit setting is shaving off 20% from the capacity. If it does not improve, I will disable charge limiting.
Congratulations! The 15 Pro battery doesn’t go as much as the Pro Max or the Plus models, but keeping it as optimized charging should definitely help to see through the day. 80% limiting is not really required IMO.

The iPhone Thread-img_2815.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonfire
- The phone is thicker, the camera bump is more pronounced and the large camera island is an eyesore. The whole thing looks bulky with the thick case. I may shift to a thinner case after getting Apple Care.
Definitely feels thicker, especially with that bulky ESR case. Maybe try the Spigen Thin Fit or those super-thin cases like Totallee. If you are getting AppleCare+ definitely can consider the latter, or go case-less
vb-saan is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th January 2024, 13:22   #16183
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by emkay.india View Post
Hi all, is there any transparent case for iPhone 15 that has a flat back? I bought a Ringke matt transparent case but the back is shaped as the phone itself...
Check at Croma if they have what you want. I picked up the kit they had for my 14. A transparent case and glass guard. The rear is not exactly flat in the sense that there is a ridge for the camera section.
Old 4th January 2024, 13:46   #16184
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Wonder why they have not enabled it in the older devices egs my iPhone 14 Pro does not have this, but only a toggle for Optimised charging. Which basically does a smart charging overnight at frequented location.

This would definitely help keep battery life. The newer batteries seems to deplete more and more over a period of time. Again egs my iPhone 14 Pro has fallen to 88%. Till 95% it was really slow, then raced itself to 88% and now settled there.
Old 4th January 2024, 14:03   #16185
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonfire View Post
Finally, I bit the bullet and bought my first Pro iPhone - the 15 Pro.

Some issues -

- The phone heats up and I can feel it when not using a case (the case from amazon took 2 days to arrive). In fact, all the display phones at the store were running hot, which I thought was because they were on wireless charge. I hope it gets better over time or they issue a software fix. I still have an option to return it within 14 days.
15 pros have similar battery life as the 13 and 14 pros (no improvement), in general pro max is the one to go for if battery life is important.

Brand new or right after a software update the phone is still optimising everything with a lot of background processing taking place, leading to some heat generation and reduced battery life. Should resolve in 1-2 days.

At 8.25mm it’s the thickest pro lineup apple has ever launched. For reference 12 pros were 7.4mm, 13 pros were 7.65mm (already felt noticeably thicker than 12 pros), 14 pros were 7.85mm and 15 pros are 8.25mm, case adds even more thickness.

Personally just like PPF for cars, I find a case and screen protector takes away from the beautiful stainless steel/titanium finish and adds a lot of thickness and negatively impacts the phones in hand ergonomics.
AJ56 is online now   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks