Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 31st January 2024, 11:39   #16231
BHPian

Re: The iPhone Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMaruru View Post
How to resolve this glitch? From what I know, the last 2 iterations of iPhone support ONLY eSIM.
So far, I don’t see any way around, unless you have a physical SIM. Unfortunately, the new iphone models from US doesn't support that. I'm not even sure if the issue is from the App side or from the telecom service provider side.

You and others (In the same situation) can go to an iOS App store and put your comments for the compatibility of Google pay with e-sim. May be in future this glitch would be restored after the necessary app upgrade, if the issue is from the App end.
Old 31st January 2024, 22:32   #16232
BHPian

Similar thing happened with me while registering the new phone on axis bank. After a lot of research on hacks, tried switching off Wi-Fi on the phone and only relying on mobile data through ESIM, it worked.
shivmarwaha is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 1st February 2024, 13:55   #16233
BHPian

Quote:
The physical SIM in the older device has been converted into eSIM in the newer phone by Airtel. The new iPhone 15 PM doesn't support physical SIM.
I faced similar issue for gpay and ICICI mobile banking apps. I did two things that fixed the issue. 1) Used mobile data instead of WiFi. 2) Ensured that send as SMS when iMessage is unavailable turned on.

Please check and see if this helps.
The iPhone Thread-img_8706.jpeg
sairamboko is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 1st February 2024, 14:49   #16234
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Interesting. Is the mobile number on an eSim?
I remember I faced this issue on eSim which I had previously as well as physical sim I have now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shivmarwaha View Post
Similar thing happened with me while registering the new phone on axis bank. After a lot of research on hacks, tried switching off Wi-Fi on the phone and only relying on mobile data through ESIM, it worked.
I do remember trying outside wifi but did not work, was sitting at my breakfast joint and trying.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sairamboko View Post
I faced similar issue for gpay and ICICI mobile banking apps. I did two things that fixed the issue. 1) Used mobile data instead of WiFi. 2) Ensured that send as SMS when iMessage is unavailable turned on.

Attachment 2567617
Ah this may have also helped. Do check and let me know, coz I don't remember the setting.
Jaggu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st February 2024, 14:54   #16235
BHPian

I think I'm going to retain my iPhone 12 for another year. So got to give it some TLC. I've used a Spigen case with it for the last 38 months. And the same case is still sitting at 1200 bucks for a 3 year old phone. How are the Daily Object cases? I loved the look of stride and basic collection that they have. If not this, can y'all suggest a good case and tempered glass - under 800 each?
Old 2nd February 2024, 11:25   #16236
BHPian

Hi, Asking on behalf of a colleague who seems to have an I phone unused for last 3 years and has forgotten passcode.
I see internet solutions all talk of essentially leading to memory being wiped clean. Is there not any possible solution to get the data in the memory. I am for the moment assuming the data is not backed up.
Old 5th February 2024, 01:39   #16237
Distinguished - BHPian

Yesterday, we made a quick day-trip to Portland, Oregon (650kms round trip) with the sole purpose of saving tax.

We picked up the following from Apple Store :

1. Apple Vision Pro
2. iPhone 15 Pro
3. Apple Watch Ultra 2

We picked up the following from Best Buy :

1. Samsung Galaxy 24 Ultra
2. iPhone 15 Pro
3. AirTags
4. 120" ALR Screen

And, some additional tax saved for the main purpose of the visit (to be updated in my ownership thread later)

We ended up saving upwards of $1000 worth of tax that fueled the gas and some lip-smacking grub from the Food Pods in Portland.
Attached Thumbnails
The iPhone Thread-img_2255.jpg  

The iPhone Thread-4564be3ed3a04a1fbb3e1a530f0c619e.jpg  

The iPhone Thread-img_2256.jpg  

The iPhone Thread-img_2252.jpg  

The iPhone Thread-img_2253.jpg  

mobike008 is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 5th February 2024, 11:54   #16238
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
We picked up the following from Apple Store : 1. Apple Vision Pro
Not sure if we here is you or your friend. I had already predicted it if you got it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ex-innova-guy View Post
Apple Vision Pro.
I expect a full blown review like the 15 Pro Max from you sir.
I am blown away with what they have created with this device and will only get better as and when they release a Vision Pro 2. If anyone is interested in knowing what all it does, check out this post.
ex-innova-guy is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 6th February 2024, 14:45   #16239
BHPian

A durability test by JerryRigEverything shows that the Vision Pro is prone to scratches. Both inner and outer layers are plastic coated and are prone to scratches which will remain there. It will be worse if the scratch is on the area where any camera/sensor is located.

Old 7th February 2024, 16:51   #16240

I have a query.

I am planning to buy an MFi certified USB-C to Lightning Cable to be used in my car to charge my iPhone. I have shortlisted Anker USB C to Lightning Cable. This will be used in combination with Anker PowerDrive III Duo USB C Car Charger which I already own. But I read in some reviews that using these cables will reduce the health of my battery.

Apple's cable costs around 25Eur where as Anker's cost 10Eur.

Can any one suggest me a good cable?

Another option is buy a MagSafe wireless charger, but then the charging time will be longer.
Old 7th February 2024, 19:16   #16241
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chanz2015 View Post
I have a query.

I am planning to buy an MFi certified USB-C to Lightning Cable to be used in my car to charge my iPhone. I have shortlisted Anker USB C to Lightning Cable. This will be used in combination with Anker PowerDrive III Duo USB C Car Charger which I already own. But I read in some reviews that using these cables will reduce the health of my battery.

Apple's cable costs around 25Eur where as Anker's cost 10Eur.

Can any one suggest me a good cable?

Another option is buy a MagSafe wireless charger, but then the charging time will be longer.
If it is mfi certified, you are good to go.

Battery health deteriorates irrespective of whether you use the apple charger or the mfi certified quality ones from reputed makers like Anker. It depends more on one's usage. If you have heavy usage and need to charge a lot it will deteriorate irrespective of the brand used, no more no less.
Candy$Cars is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 8th February 2024, 17:47   #16242
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
1. Apple Vision Pro

This is the best demo of the capabilities of the Apple Vision Pro I have seen, taking full advantage of the Apple ecosystem.
ecenandu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th February 2024, 13:10   #16243
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by sairamboko View Post

Attachment 2567617
I think this is the key, got an iPhone 15 Pro from UAE (YOLO Purchase) and faced the same issue with ICICI and Gpay activation. Switched off the wifi and it worked without an issue.
Jaggu is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th February 2024, 15:32   #16244
Team-BHP Support

Couple of observations after using the 15 Pro for last two weeks:
  • The 3x telephoto of the Pro is much more usable than the 5x on the Pro Max.
  • With the Pro Max I used to get to bed-time with around 40% battery left. With the Pro, that number is around 15-20%.
vb-saan is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th February 2024, 12:09   #16245
BHPian

Apple has released iOS 17.3.1.
IamNikhil is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks