Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th May 2024, 00:43   #16366
BHPian

Re: The iPhone Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashvek3141 View Post
The battery replacement of my iPhone 12 Pro costs just 5k , whereas I have got quotes from Apple’s ASS in the range of 7.5k to 8.8k !!

Just wanted to know if it would be advisable to go ahead with Cashify if they are into genuine spare parts. Or , better stick to Apple ASS.
That isn't a lot. I would personally go with ASC. My two outside repairs on two different phones left them not waterproof anymore.

Last edited by Aditya : 27th May 2024 at 06:15. Reason: Typo
BudgetFailure is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 27th May 2024, 10:54   #16367
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashvek3141 View Post
Anyone has replaced their iPhone batteries from Cashify?
In my personal opinion Cashify is a scam. I had a bad experience while selling them my iPhone 11. Finally decided to keep it. Here in Bangalore there is a store called iFix. They do a good job in repairing iPhones and are quite reasonable. Just my 2 cents...
sumathindra is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 27th May 2024, 21:46   #16368
BHPian

Of late my iPhone 15th seems to get stuck at some screens. Especially when a call needs to be answered, the slider just doesn’t move and no touch works. I have to reject the call with the side button and then I very thing starts to work again. What could be the issue. The phone is just four months old
shivmarwaha is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th June 2024, 14:01   #16369
Team-BHP Support

Got the iPhone 11’s battery replaced from an official outlet - Reliance ResQ for Rs 6500. Had a great experience.

Called them up and the technician read out the whole T&C over the phone - he said if the phone had an aftermarket battery, it would be over 13k to replace (!), anything that is on the verge of breaking like a shattered screen may break during the battery replacement in which case, they won’t be responsible but they can replace the screen along with it for a price, and so forth.

After backing up the snaps, handed over the device to a friend who gave it to the outlet, disabled Find My Device (apparently that’s a prerequisite for changing the battery), opened the job card, returned the device to him. Once they had the replacement battery, they informed him and the battery was swapped in under 2 hours.

I liked that they were very prompt in communication and the downtime was very less. They also cleaned the speakers during the process - was meek, now sounds much better.

The About section shows the battery has been replaced:

The iPhone Thread-img_8214.jpeg
Gannu_1 is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 7th June 2024, 14:13   #16370
BHPian

Taking tremendous motivation from rising iPhone costs, especially the pro max models, I decided to hold on to my flawless 11 pro max for couple of more years until the security updates cease to roll out.

The battery condition had deteriorated and was showing 'Service' in the status. I decided to take it to an authorized apple service center and replace it. Submitted the phone to iPlanet care, who took about 2 hours to replace the battery at a cost of Rs. 9,500/- and few scratches on a scratch free phone.

The phone may not be as fast as some of the recent models but its certainly fast enough to use without causing any frustration to the user. Also, personally, I hate replacing phones for all the hassle in handling data and configuration.

Last edited by no_boundaries : 7th June 2024 at 14:16.
no_boundaries is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th June 2024, 15:07   #16371
Senior - BHPian

Apple had a 1 day offer and I traded my 12 for a 15 (Blue, but it looks kinda white).

They also had 50% off on accessories and services. The camera is much improved and takes in more light, I felt. Check the pic!
Attached Thumbnails
The iPhone Thread-img_0414.jpg  

The iPhone Thread-img_8017.jpg  

Sebring is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 8th June 2024, 03:12   #16372
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebring View Post
Apple had a 1 day offer and I traded my 12 for a 15 (Blue, but it looks kinda white).
Congratulations. iPhone 15 is definetly a huge improvement over 12.

Curious to know what price you got for 12 and offer for 15?
mobike008 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th June 2024, 08:57   #16373
Distinguished - BHPian

This post is to showcase how nice is the 5X optical zoom of the iPhone 15 Promax.

I always ensure that while flying out of Seattle (West Side of Plane) and flying into Seattle (East Side of the plane) to catch a glimpse of Mt. Rainier which is usually visible less than 10 mins into take-off and landing.

For perspective, Mt. Rainier is little less than half of Mt. Everest at 14,500 feet and the tallest mountain range in Washington (We have over 3,500 mountain ranges in Washington and the most in USA)

Earlier this week, I was returning from one of my business trips to Bay Area and, I was absolutely thrilled to see this gorgeous beauty peak out from the clouds just before landing into Seattle.

A few pictures at 5X optical Zoom of iPhone 15 Promax in motion of plane (I didn't zoom in further as didn't want more distortion from a digital zoom).

The iPhone Thread-img_7544.jpg

The iPhone Thread-img_7545.jpg

The iPhone Thread-img_7546.jpg

Last edited by mobike008 : 8th June 2024 at 08:58.
mobike008 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 8th June 2024, 10:19   #16374
Senior - BHPian

I was in a real hurry so I turned in my phone, asked him what balance I need to pay???. What colour they had in stock? (Was OK with anything)

Paid 51K, (and there was Rs 1000 off on my CC), and left the store - leaving the new iPhone behind for data transfer.

Very proud to state that this phone is not made in China and it is Indian :-), (but it's not mentioned anywhere)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Curious to know what price you got for 12 and offer for 15?

Last edited by Sebring : 8th June 2024 at 10:29.
Sebring is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 10th June 2024, 23:46   #16375
BHPian

A quick question - how do I turn on again the auto-brightness after having manually adjusted the brightness?

In android, the control center has a slider to adjust the brightness. Beside the slider is a small icon to turn on/off auto-brightness. Now, if I manually adjust the brightness, the auto-brightness icon will switch to “off” state. Then, I simply tap on the icon again to turn on the auto-brightness whenever required.

Coming to iPhone, i don’t see an option in control center for auto-brightness.
I have to go to Settings > Accessibility > Display and Text Size > Auto-Brightness. That itself is a lot of steps!
After turning it on, if I manually adjust the brightness from the control center, there is no option there to switch back to auto-brightness. I have to again follow the same steps mentioned above. What’s more - the auto brightness option already shows in the “on” state, so I have to tap it twice to activate the auto-brightness.

Am I missing something here?

Last edited by MyLife_MyCar : 10th June 2024 at 23:48.
MyLife_MyCar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th June 2024, 00:14   #16376
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyLife_MyCar View Post
A quick question - how do I turn on again the auto-brightness after having manually adjusted the brightness?
Ask Siri to do it for you instead of manually doing it yourself.

Hey Siri, turn on/off auto brightness.
ex-innova-guy is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th June 2024, 00:23   #16377
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ex-innova-guy View Post
Ask Siri to do it for you instead of manually doing it yourself.

Hey Siri, turn on/off auto brightness.
Ah, thanks! I didn’t think of this
Still, a shortcut in control center would have been great, say, at night when wife is sleeping. Wouldn’t want to disturb her
MyLife_MyCar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th June 2024, 00:27   #16378
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebring View Post

They also had 50% off on accessories and services. The camera is much improved and takes in more light, I felt. Check the pic!
We too just bought the same one for mom albeit in Black colour today as she was facing issues with her Android phone (Samsung A14).

She isn't new to iPhones though. She previously used iPhone 11, XS (inherited from me when I upgraded to 13 Pro and also, her previous X ran into motherboard issues during that time), X, SE, and 4S and her last iPhone was 11, which she lost an year ago.

iPhone 15 felt more comfortable on hands when compared to my 15 Pro Max, which feels mammoth.
Old 11th June 2024, 00:54   #16379
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyLife_MyCar View Post
Still, a shortcut in control center would have been great.
If you are going in the control centre, you can just manually adjust it then. I know it’s irritating but you have to sacrifice something to have a peaceful sleep.
Quote:
say, at night when wife is sleeping. Wouldn’t want to disturb her
Wouldn’t want to cause any trouble. Siri’s female British/American voice is the last thing she would want to hear!

Also, you can turn on Night Shift that shifts the screen to warmer colours at night.
ex-innova-guy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th June 2024, 11:53   #16380
BHPian

Apple just gave us the preview of the latest iOS and I must say, on the contrary to all the 'tall' claims as one of the biggest upgrades it goes to look like one of their WORST updates every !!

What a crappy update this iOS has been. Apart from option to just rearrange and tint the icons and a few control center menus , there's absolutely nothing that is a deal breaker as such!

Seems like Apple has really hit a plateau with all their famed innovation and stuff they boast about. There's barely any innovation or any apparent changes since the iOS 12 , if I'm not wrong.

This overall look & theme of the iOS is getting too long in the tooth now. Desperately needs a major overhaul !

Last edited by ashvek3141 : 11th June 2024 at 11:57.
ashvek3141 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks