Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th January 2024, 14:38   #16216
BHPian

Re: The iPhone Thread

What's a decent transparent cover case for iPhone 15 Pro Max?
Old 24th January 2024, 14:48   #16217
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashvek3141 View Post
In the entire range from 12 to 15's, the 12 Pro series devices have the worst battery life of all. I'm not sure about the Max variants though.

I think even the Vanilla 12's are poor in battery performance compared to their newer iterations.
The 12 series has probably the worst battery life. I think the 12 mini is particularly notorious for it's battery life. Besides that the 12 series is actually quite trouble free. I've seen a lot of 13 owners having display issues after updating, same case with 14 also. Apple always makes one big flaw with all their devices. The 11 had horrible LCD display, 12 has horrible battery life, 13 series has display issues, 14 series also has display issues but not as much as the 13 series and initially many were complaining about the heating in the 15 pro and pro max.
V0rtex is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th January 2024, 15:17   #16218
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMaruru View Post
Try this one from Spigen. Have it on my 13 Pro max; offers good protection and still hasn’t shown any signs of yellowing after using it for more than 1.5 years.

Quote:
Originally Posted by V0rtex View Post
I've seen a lot of 13 owners having display issues after updating, same case with 14 also.
I am hearing this for the first time. Could you share some examples of it? I have faced 0 issues on my 13 Pro Max except for the routine battery heating issue after a major iOS update.

Last edited by ex-innova-guy : 24th January 2024 at 15:26. Reason: Added a quote.
Old 24th January 2024, 23:21   #16219
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post
Apple is like Hotel California. You can check out any time you like but you can never leave.
Absolutely. I completely agree with this statement. I'm always checking out but, just never been able to leave.

Our Apple EcoSystem is as follows :

1. iPhone 15 Promax
2. iPhone 14 Promax
3. iPhone 14 Promax
4. Apple Air Pods Pro
5. Apple Beats Ear Buds
6. Macbook Air
7. MacBook Pro
8. iPad Pro
9. Apple HomePod mini
10. Apple Watch 6
11. Apple Watch 7
12. Apple AirPods MAX

WHEW !!! Is there anything that is left to buy from Tim Cook to make him richer?

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by ex-innova-guy View Post
Try from Spigen. Have it on my 13 Pro max; offers good protection and still hasn’t shown any signs of yellowing after using it for more than 1.5 years.
I always use transparent covers on my iPhones and Spigen user for a very long time. They are absolutely the best. I typically buy a new one once every year even though I don't have any "yellowish" stain issues with the cover. It's just to keep the ownership things lively.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJ56 View Post
I was referring to the fact that every year they’ve grown thicker, from 7.4mm on the 12 pro max to 7.65mm on the 13 to 8.3mm on the current 15 lineup.

When I went from the 12 to the 13 I could easily feel the increased thickness (not placebo as I didn’t know it’s thicker, found out later when I felt it and researched).

I don’t even want to imagine 7.65 to 8.3. Now it’s subjective and if one is not a heavy user or not very particular about in hand ergonomics, it may not be quickly noticed, agreed.

2 years? You’ll be on the 16 pro max next year trust me
Not sure about the thickness as I use the iPhones about 20-30% of the time without covers as I like the feel of the naked phone in the hand and newer one does not feel thicker. Maybe the edges have been smoothened out could be the reason.

But, 15 Promax definitely feels lot lighter than the previous Promaxes.

I have decided to not change phones every year. Let TC surprise me with some crazy AI stuff in iPhone 16 Promax to change my mind. LOL!

Last edited by mobike008 : 24th January 2024 at 23:33.
Old 24th January 2024, 23:31   #16220
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
WHEW !!! Is there anything that is left to buy from Tim Cook to make him richer?
Apple Vision Pro.

I expect a full blown review like the 15 Pro Max from you sir.
Old 24th January 2024, 23:35   #16221
BHPian

Using iPhone Xs for 5+ years now, without a cover, taken numerous falls, and still no crack or any dent. The only thing i have as protection is the tempered glass screen guard that I have replaced 7-8 times. The phone turned out be to be rock solid. Can we say same thing for the new ones ?
Old 24th January 2024, 23:36   #16222
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ex-innova-guy View Post
Apple Vision Pro.

I expect a full blown review like the 15 Pro Max from you sir.
I knew that was coming.

It's a wonderful peace of technology and just released so I am sure the Version 1.0 would have some glitches that will get sorted out.

Also, would like to see how it would compare with its competitors which are way way cheaper.

It's on the cards but, most likely Version 2.0.
mobike008 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th January 2024, 09:21   #16223
Senior - BHPian

Apple App sideloading

The iPhone Thread-20240126_092021.jpg

The iPhone Thread-20240126_092023.jpg

The iPhone Thread-20240126_092025.jpg

The iPhone Thread-20240126_092027.jpg

Link
Venkatesh is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 30th January 2024, 17:03   #16224
BHPian

The move from iPhone 11 to iPhone 15 pro max has created few issues like, now whenever call comes both the devices are ringing and we can answer calls from the iPhone 11, too. The same numbers of iPhone 11, have been activated in the new iPhone 15 pro max. Do we have to reset the older(iPhone 11) device?

Also, now in the new iPhone 15 pro max, the google pay is NOT working.
When we try to register the bank account the 'Could not register' message pops up. The bank says, as long as the same number is registered on the new device the account should get activated. They wanted us to check with mobile service provider(Airtel). Airtel did few checks and they said, SMS is working fine and asked us to contact Google Pay. The google pay customer service keeps repeating, please try after 24 hours and you would have only 3 attempts to register per day. They don't have answer to, why it is NOT registering in first attempt. BTW, the google pay has been uninstalled in older iPhone 11.

Any advise, workarounds please?
Attached Thumbnails
The iPhone Thread-img20240130wa0002.jpg  

Old 30th January 2024, 17:18   #16225
BHPian

Quote:
The move from iPhone 11 to iPhone 15 pro max has created few issues like, now whenever call comes both the devices are ringing and we can answer calls from the iPhone 11, too. The same numbers of iPhone 11, have been activated in the new iPhone 15 pro max. Do we have to reset the older(iPhone 11) device?
Try going in the Settings --> Phone --> Calls on other Devices - Toggle that to off.

Guess that would work.

Quote:
When we try to register the bank account the 'Could not register' message pops up. The bank says, as long as the same number is registered on the new device the account should get activated. They wanted us to check with mobile service provider(Airtel). Airtel did few checks and they said, SMS is working fine and asked us to contact Google Pay. The google pay customer service keeps repeating, please try after 24 hours and you would have only 3 attempts to register per day. They don't have answer to, why it is NOT registering in first attempt. BTW, the google pay has been uninstalled in older iPhone 11.
In some UPI requirement, The physical SIM should be in the same phone where you need to register the app.
NomadSK is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 30th January 2024, 18:48   #16226
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NomadSK View Post
In some UPI requirement, The physical SIM should be in the same phone where you need to register the app.
The physical SIM in the older device has been converted into eSIM in the newer phone by Airtel. The new iPhone 15 PM doesn't support physical SIM.
Old 30th January 2024, 19:37   #16227
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Also, now in the new iPhone 15 pro max, the google pay is NOT working.
===
Any advise, workarounds please?
I only have two bank accounts and one is ICICI, same issue happened with me few months back with an app re-install of google pay. The other bank account worked fine, whereas the ICICI one just would throw this error. I did almost all the tricks I could think off and finally started doing monthly fwd to the other account from ICICI to keep the UPI running. After few months, this automatically got sorted out lol. So most likely it is an app + icici issue. iPhone 14 Pro is the device.
Jaggu is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 30th January 2024, 21:32   #16228
BHPian

Quote:
The physical SIM in the older device has been converted into eSIM in the newer phone by Airtel. The new iPhone 15 PM doesn't support physical SIM.
Just a simple google search gave me this, seems a tech glitch.

Quote:
As we delve deeper into this conundrum, it becomes increasingly clear that the issue with Google Pay and eSIM compatibility isn’t restricted to specific smartphone models or brands.

It’s a more pervasive challenge. Current data indicates that Google Pay does not inherently support eSIM technology.
Old 30th January 2024, 21:44   #16229
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The physical SIM in the older device has been converted into eSIM in the newer phone by Airtel....
Did you restore backup from iCloud on new phone ? This can cause issues with some finance apps. Apps will have settings and config data restored in keychain but will not have keys in secure enclave. And since app is Google, you don't have an option of talking to a human and getting them to delete device from backend.
NetfreakBombay is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st January 2024, 11:15   #16230
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
After few months, this automatically got sorted out lol. So most likely it is an app + icici issue. iPhone 14 Pro is the device.
Interesting. Is the mobile number on an eSim?

Quote:
Originally Posted by NomadSK View Post
Just a simple google search gave me this, seems a tech glitch.
How to resolve this glitch? From what I know, the last 2 iterations of iPhone support ONLY eSIM.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NetfreakBombay View Post
Did you restore backup from iCloud on new phone ? This can cause issues with some finance apps. Apps will have settings and config data restored in keychain but will not have keys in secure enclave. And since app is Google, you don't have an option of talking to a human and getting them to delete device from backend.
Yes, i.e the preferred method to move from an older iPhone to newer iPhone device. We did speak to Google Pay CS, but they are like a stuck tape, repeating 'You have done multiple attempts to add bank account, please try after 24 hours'. They don't have an answer for 'Why it failed in the first attempt'.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks