Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th November 2023, 12:50   #16066
BHPian

Re: The iPhone Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by vb-saan View Post
Battery life of the 15 Plus is easily the best among 15 range. The Pro Max is good, but doesn’t stay as long as the 15 Plus. The screen refresh rate will be a noticeable difference only for those who move from a Pro model (or other flagships) to a regular 15. Even that is more like a matter of getting used to. My daughter was complaining about screen glitching for the first few days but now it is barely noticeable. If that zoom lens is not that important, I will easily recommend the 15 Plus above the Pro/Pro Max.
Will disagree on pro motion, it’s night and day, back when I got my 12 pro max new in 2020 I still felt the only major flaw that phone had was the choppy 60hz refresh rate, it’s like sandpaper to the eyes. This is 1 year before I had experienced pro motion on the 13’s.

Between 15 pro and non pro there are major differences, apart from pro motion and the telephoto lens.

Pros can shoot in lossless ProRes and ProRaw, macro mode photography (huge drawback on non pros), no LiDAR sensor (allows for much better VR and camera focusing, 3D mapping), second gen sensor shift image stabilisation, night mode in portraits, increased RAM (8gb), thinner bezels, always on display, faster A17 chip with extra GPU cores which enable AAA gaming titles to be played, USB 3 data transfer speeds, orders of magnitude faster than USB 2 found on non pros.

Finally, although I still prefer stainless steel, a titanium body is still preferable to the aluminium found on non pros. Plus no 1tb storage option on non pros, which is vital given individual apps are crossing 20-30gb these days.
AJ56 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th November 2023, 13:31   #16067
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJ56 View Post
Will disagree on pro motion, it’s night and day, back when I got my 12 pro max new in 2020 I still felt the only major flaw that phone had was the choppy 60hz refresh rate, it’s like sandpaper to the eyes. This is 1 year before I had experienced pro motion on the 13’s.
Thank you! My reference was based on the used case I mentioned. Probably she did not notice much of a difference or got adjusted to it pretty fast.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJ56
Between 15 pro and non pro there are major differences, apart from pro motion and the telephoto lens.
I am aware of this, and the other points mentioned. My primary phone is a 15 Pro Max. The telephoto lens is important to me and hence went with the Pro Max. Otherwise easily would have settled with the standard 15 or 15 plus. And the 5x was the main reason to go for the Max (instead of the Pro).

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJ56
Finally, although I still prefer stainless steel, a titanium body is still preferable to the aluminium found on non pros.
The raw titanium looks awesome on my Pro Max, but that's just the day one thing. I use the device with a thin fit case, and so whether the frame is Titanium or Aluminum hardly make any difference

Last edited by vb-saan : 16th November 2023 at 13:33.
vb-saan is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 16th November 2023, 13:36   #16068
BHPian

Got the iPhone 15 Pro (Titanium Blue - 256 GB) as a corporate gift during Diwali. The phone definitely feels lighter in the hand, and definitely premium enough.

Gave my iPhone 13 (purchased in April '21) to Dad who was using an iPhone XR as his secondary phone. His primary phone remains the Samsung S22. Will sell the XR on Cashify or CEX.

Basically, I will continue using my iPhone 12 Pro which is my work phone, along with the iPhone 15 Pro, which will be used as the personal phone.

Have used the 15 Pro for 3 days now, the phone heated up like crazy during the first 2 days, but seems to have stabilized now. The battery life definitely doesn't seem to be the best. Have heard that 15 and 15 Plus have the best battery life in the 15 Series. Everything said and done, the overall feel of the 15 Pro does seem like an upgrade over my 13.
IamNikhil is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 16th November 2023, 20:32   #16069
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IamNikhil View Post
the phone heated up like crazy during the first 2 days, but seems to have stabilized now. The battery life definitely doesn't seem to be the best.
What's the average battery life that you are getting out of it? Definitely want to read a long term review on the battery life, the overheating issue and everything else.
Old 17th November 2023, 11:39   #16070
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by neelkumar View Post
What's the average battery life that you are getting out of it? Definitely want to read a long term review on the battery life, the overheating issue and everything else.
Will update after using for 2 weeks or so. Hoping that the battery stabilizes as the phone gets used to the usage and charging pattern.
Old 18th November 2023, 21:37   #16071
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorworks View Post
Although the battery health shows “87%”, the customer care executive mentioned that i have crossed some 900+ charging cycles and in an ideal scenario my battery health should have been way lower. I mean, 900 charging cycles for a 2.5 year old phone, does it seem abnormal? I have this habit of plugging in the phone in the charger at my office desk, but I normally dont do it when the phone is 60-70% charged. Have i been guilty of charging the phone when not necessary?

I have been an iPhone user for the last 12 years, and this is the 1st such instance i have come across.

I checked on the possibility of changing the battery, it looks like its going to cost 9k, not really worth it considering my phone wouldn’t fetch me more than 20-25k now. Either i have to live with this for sometime or upgrade to iphone 14 or 15.

I sold my 2.5 year old iphone 12 64GB for 27k to a buyer through a community portal. I actually wasn’t looking to change my iphone this year, but the iphone 12’s battery going down sort of coincided with my company’s policy of a handset allowance ( 20k, once in 2 years ), so I thought why not use it up and hence bought the iPhone 15 128 GB for Rs.75990/- ( MRP Rs.79990, 3k instant icici credit card discount and 1k store discount).

Initial impressions, the form factor is almost the same, the iphone 15 is a little wider i think. I have opted for a tried and tested Spigen tough armor case ( which i also had in my iPhone 12), and since all these are in black, i sometimes forget that i have actually upgraded! The “dynamic island” is the sole differentiator, else with ios you hardly notice any differences. I’m not a big camera person ( usually photography is relegated to my wife’s iPhone 13 Pro max) so yet to really test the camera in the iPhone 15.
motorworks is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 22nd November 2023, 11:22   #16072
BHPian

In continuation of my last post few months back , my brother is set to travel from US and I am planning to order the Iphone 15 pro this weekend. Need some inputs from forum members.
1. Since there would be no warranty,will buying the apple care plan help?
2. Iphone pro max or Iphone 15 pro. I just need good battery and hence leaning towards to Max. Anybody who is using the max , is it going to be too difficult to do one hand operation and is it heavy?
3. Dos & Donts for customs at Mumbai.
Old 22nd November 2023, 11:34   #16073
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChetanM6 View Post
I thought the warranty coverage is international, other members can confirm on this. I do go for Apple care for other devices (Watch, Airpods etc.) but for the iPhone I find it really expensive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChetanM6
2. Iphone pro max or Iphone 15 pro. I just need good battery and hence leaning towards to Max. Anybody who is using the max , is it going to be too difficult to do one hand operation and is it heavy?
If battery is important, the Pro Max should be the way to go; easily lasts for the whole day even with heavy usage. The in-hand feeling is better than the 14 Pro Max (due to the weight reduction), and one-hand operation is not that difficult. It is still a big device though.
vb-saan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd November 2023, 11:54   #16074
BHPian

Quote:
Need some inputs from forum members.
Quote:
I thought the warranty coverage is international, other members can confirm on this.
That is correct. Apple offers one year limted warranty and the coverage is worldwide. More about it here.

Quote:
Apart from what vb-saan has said. I don't know which phone you are upgrading from. If it is a smaller display iPhone, it will take some time to get used to the size but it is easily manageable. I upgraded from iPhone 7+ to 13 Pro Max so the size didn't bother me much.
Quote:
If your brother can carry it out of the box and in his pocket then it shouldn't be an issue. Again, no personal experience here but just a suggestion.
ex-innova-guy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd November 2023, 12:00   #16075
BHPian

Quote:
I thought the warranty coverage is international.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ex-innova-guy View Post
That is correct. Apple offers one year limted warranty and the coverage is worldwide.
The warranty of apple products is only from the country where the product is purcahsed from.

Quote:
Where international service is available, Apple may repair or replace products and parts with comparable products and parts that comply with local standards.
NomadSK is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd November 2023, 16:10   #16076
BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
I thought the warranty coverage is international, other members can confirm on this. I do go for Apple care for other devices (Watch, Airpods etc.) but for the iPhone I find it really expensive.
Quote:
That is correct. Apple offers one year limted warranty and the coverage is worldwide. More about it here.

If your brother can carry it out of the box and in his pocket then it shouldn't be an issue. Again, no personal experience here but just a suggestion.
Quote:
Originally Posted by NomadSK View Post
The warranty of apple products is only from the country where the product is purcahsed from.
Apple iPhone warranty is worldwide. Period. I had got my 12 Pro from UAE after extensive research on the international warranty.

With regards to feel, if possible do visit your nearest Apple store and experience them hands-on. Other users can give 'their' perspective; finally you have to use the device. But if battery life is important, than the Max it is. Its got fab battery life of the entire 15 series.

For customs - ask your brother to take it out of the box and carry it in the pocket. No issues.
ashvek3141 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd November 2023, 16:36   #16077
BHPian

Quote:
In continuation of my last post few months back , my brother is set to travel from US and I am planning to order the Iphone 15 pro this weekend. Need some inputs from forum members.
Quote:
I thought the warranty coverage is international,
If battery is important, the Pro Max should be the way to go; easily lasts for the whole day even with heavy usage.
Quote:
Apple offers one year limted warranty and the coverage is worldwide. If your brother can carry it out of the box and in his pocket then it shouldn't be an issue.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashvek3141 View Post
Apple iPhone warranty is worldwide. Period. I had got my 12 Pro from UAE after extensive research on the international warranty.
But if battery life is important, than the Max it is. Its got fab battery life of the entire 15 series.

For customs - ask your brother to take it out of the box and carry it in the pocket. No issues.
The Apple warranty coverage is worldwide, no matter where you purchase the device from. That's the reason a majority of us prefer purchasing from either USA or UAE. Do make sure the purchase is made from a legit store though.

With regard to battery, the 15 Pro Max is definitely your solution. Has the best battery backup of the 15 series.

With regard to Customs formalities, as mentioned by other Bhpians, he simply has to unbox the phone and carry it on himself while walking out. No worries there.
IamNikhil is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd November 2023, 16:59   #16078
BHPian

Thanks members. Looks like the Max model will be best for me. Currently using an iphone 12 but have to charge every 4-5 hours because I use it for zoom calls, email,calls,slacks, etc. Also regarding customs if he carries the box separately in check-in baggage and phone with himself , that should be fine right?

Last edited by ChetanM6 : 22nd November 2023 at 17:00.
Old 22nd November 2023, 19:33   #16079
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashvek3141 View Post
Hi, can you pls share the source of your information in black and white, here’s what apple says though, it’s not very clear,

Note this statement from the iPhone and iPad warranty:
"IMPORTANT RESTRICTION FOR iPHONE AND iPAD SERVICE.
Apple may restrict warranty service for iPhone and iPad to the country where Apple or its Authorized Distributors originally sold the device."

You may be responsible for shipping and handling charges if the Apple Product cannot be serviced in the country it is in. If you seek service in a country that is not the original country of purchase, you will comply with all applicable import and export laws and regulations and be responsible for all custom duties, V.A.T. and other associated taxes and charges. Where international service is available, Apple may repair or replace Apple Products and parts with comparable Apple Products and parts that comply with local standards.
Old 22nd November 2023, 20:24   #16080
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Do share how much it costs for Apple care for Watch and Airpods. I tried finding that on Apple website but couldn't find it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IamNikhil View Post
The Apple warranty coverage is worldwide, no matter where you purchase the device from. That's the reason a majority of us prefer purchasing from either USA or UAE. Do make sure the purchase is made from a legit store though.

With regard to Customs formalities, as mentioned by other Bhpians, he simply has to unbox the phone and carry it on himself while walking out. No worries there.
How do we classify legit store?
I thought warranty is specific to a legit bill irrespective of from which store it's purchased.

Quote:
Thanks members. Looks like the Max model will be best for me. Currently using an iphone 12 but have to charge every 4-5 hours because I use it for zoom calls, email,calls,slacks, etc. Also regarding customs if he carries the box separately in check-in baggage and phone with himself , that should be fine right?
Right decision.
Do check the size of Max in near apple store. My wife tried using my 15 plus for sometime and she couldn't. She is used to of the size of 13 and 15 plus was uncomfortable for her. Max is almost the same size so better test before buying.

In all the battery tests I have watched -
15 pro- Worst battery.
15- better than 15 pro.
Pro max and 15 plus - almost equal. In some tests pro max have better battery and in some 15 plus. However, difference was usually max 30 mins so they have a comparable battery life depending on usage.

P.S- Guys who are using 15 plus, do recommend a case which I can buy online. Right now I am using a transparent magsafe one but I get bored easily and l would like to switch cases occasionally.

Last edited by harry10 : 22nd November 2023 at 20:27.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks