Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th January 2016, 13:35   #8536
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dude View Post
Can you give us the link for the tempered glass? Shopping around for one and need advice.
Here you go
http://www.ebay.in/ulk/itm/161859188328
All the other models were from the same seller.
On the wifi issue, not faced that, try a network settings reset. Also it could be that your device is in the power saving mode, something new in the ios9.x I think. Disable that and check.
Old 25th January 2016, 20:10   #8537
BHPian

Re: The iPhone Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dude View Post

I also have a query, as soon as I lock my 6s, the wifi signal is gone and when I unlock it, it asks to turn on mobile data. Is this normal on the 6s? I've had plenty of Apple devices and none of them have had this problem (if it is one).

Thanks in advance.
Quote:
Originally Posted by diyguy View Post
On the wifi issue, not faced that, try a network settings reset. Also it could be that your device is in the power saving mode, something new in the ios9.x I think. Disable that and check.
Check if the behavior changes when you toggle wi-fi assist to off (i.e., if it is already ON)

How to:
Open the Settings app. > Tap Cellular/ Mobile. > Scroll down to the bottom of the screen and switch the Wi-Fi Assist toggle to Off.
Old 25th January 2016, 20:25   #8538
BHPian

Spigen has some good cases and tempered glass as well, but they will be expensive relative to other brands.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kool_Kid View Post

Kindly suggest good case and screen glass !!
Old 25th January 2016, 20:33   #8539
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by diyguy View Post
Here you go
http://www.ebay.in/ulk/itm/161859188328
All the other models were from the same seller.
Thanks. Ordered one just now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePunter View Post
Check if the behavior changes when you toggle wi-fi assist to off (i.e., if it is already ON)

How to:
Open the Settings app. > Tap Cellular/ Mobile. > Scroll down to the bottom of the screen and switch the Wi-Fi Assist toggle to Off.
Well, that solved the problem. Thanks a ton sir! I was worried that I got a defective phone.
Old 26th January 2016, 17:24   #8540
PPS
Senior - BHPian

Apple iStore were offering the 6s 64gb for a shade under 65k today. They pretty much matched the prices which were offered by Croma,Reliance Digital & Ezone which was a surprise. They did not have any stock of space grey iPhone else would have bought it!
Not sure if this is due to the Republic Day offer or prices are similar at all times.
Old 26th January 2016, 17:36   #8541
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

Quote:
Originally Posted by PPS View Post
Apple iStore were offering the 6s 64gb for a shade under 65k today. They pretty much matched the prices which were offered by Croma,Reliance Digital & Ezone which was a surprise. They did not have any stock of space grey iPhone else would have bought it!
Not sure if this is due to the Republic Day offer or prices are similar at all times.
Hunt the 6S 64 GB on Amazon India or Flipkart - you're getting it for about 60K.
Maybe even cheaper at times. And it is available in Space Grey, Gold and Silver too.

Its a very good price - almost exactly the same price as it was in the US.
Old 26th January 2016, 18:12   #8542
PPS
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post
Hunt the 6S 64 GB on Amazon India or Flipkart - you're getting it for about 60K. Maybe even cheaper at times.
Yes, i am aware of those deals on Amazon & Flipkart. Just that i am not too comfortable buying online, rather buy it from some store.
I wonder when next i would get a good deal!
Old 27th January 2016, 11:22   #8543
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan;
Hunt the 6S 64 GB on Amazon India or Flipkart - you're getting it for about 60K.
Maybe even cheaper at times. And it is available in Space Grey, Gold and Silver too.Its a very good price - almost exactly the same price as it was in the US.
I got 6S 64 GB space grey for 55 K at amazon . I chose reliance digital as vendor and am happy to report that i got a sealed box with valid warranty .
Old 27th January 2016, 12:42   #8544
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I got 6S 64 GB space grey for 55 K at amazon . I chose reliance digital as vendor and am happy to report that i got a sealed box with valid warranty .
It's really available for 56k in the market for those specs. Why take the risk of ordering online in that case.
Old 27th January 2016, 12:47   #8545
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmohitg View Post
It's really available for 56k in the market for those specs. Why take the risk of ordering online in that case.
I dont see why ordering online is a risk, if you stick to good websites. I mostly order through amazon and it works out better than local shops. I have option of return the item or replace it if somethings wrong. They do pick up too. Most of the local shops don't bother even looking at you if you go there to return something as expensive as iphone.
Old 27th January 2016, 13:29   #8546
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rahulkool View Post
I dont see why ordering online is a risk, if you stick to good websites. I mostly order through amazon and it works out better than local shops. I have option of return the item or replace it if somethings wrong. They do pick up too. Most of the local shops don't bother even looking at you if you go there to return something as expensive as iphone.

True. I got my wife's iPhone 5S and my 6S from Amazon. No issues.
Old 27th January 2016, 15:35   #8547
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmohitg;
I did not get any quotes which were less than 60 K, I tried Apple stores , Vijay sales and local Jawala Heri market / Punjabi Bagh.

Apple stores were quoting 65 K
local mobile stores were quoting 60 k

I have been amazon ( US /UK/IN) customer for last 5 years without even single issue.

Last edited by Kool_Kid : 27th January 2016 at 15:40.
Old 27th January 2016, 19:54   #8548
Team-BHP Support

Dunno, but I too prefer stores. But if someone is buying online, make sure to record the unboxing of the phone.

In the App store, it shows an update, but there is no update when I click on it. Weird :|
Old 28th January 2016, 15:02   #8549
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kool_Kid;

I have been amazon ( US /UK/IN) customer for last 5 years without even single issue.
I guess i spoke too soon . My Iphone has Samsung chip so as per rumour it will have less battery backup compared to TMC chip.
I am thinking for returning it.

Would like to know if some one got the samsung chip and their experience with the same.

Last edited by Kool_Kid : 28th January 2016 at 15:04.
Old 28th January 2016, 16:43   #8550
BHPian

Quote:
I guess i spoke too soon . My Iphone has Samsung chip so as per rumour it will have less battery backup compared to TMC chip.
I am thinking for returning it.

Would like to know if some one got the samsung chip and their experience with the same.
Getting a samsung chip is purely a game of chance and your bad luck, nothing to do with online retailers pushing samsung chip'ped phones.

How do you plan to return it? As in, what reason will you give Amazon?
Paytm seems to have the best deals as of today. 60000 odd for 6s 64gb with further 4000 cashback in paytm wallet. A friend picked up a 64gb 6s with 10000 cashback ( effective price of 51000 odd ₹), a few weeks ago.

Me too hunting for some deals to replace my water damaged 5s ( which is getting repaired in a chop-shop).

As for the inhibitions of online shopping for mobile phones, be assured that all the reputed sites sell the Indian warranty product. You can verify even before unboxing by going to Apple india support online, where they have a warranty check by serial number ( which is printed on the box). Alternatively you can find the "imported by ingram micro" along with MRP sticker outside the box. If that isn't there, then you can return without even opening the packing.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks