Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th December 2015, 15:14   #8461
BHPian

Does it make sense to buy an iPhone from Amazon or other online sellers. I am interested in in a 6 or 6s 64gb. But confused if I should buy such high value items online. Amazon is offering the 6 64 gb for ~50k and 6s 64 gb for ~60k. Would I get it cheaper or at the same price from a shop - Apple store, mobile store etc.
Old 28th December 2015, 15:45   #8462
BHPian

Re: The iPhone Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by diyguy View Post
I just got a 5s, a Yamaha guitar, an Asus laptop and plenty of clothes for Christmas from paytm in the last one week. No issues at all. I had a situation when the delivery company was not picking the phone but I went to their branch locally and picked it up the next day. I think your phone will be delivered and they may have wrongly updated the data to meet their delivery SLAs. Call the courier company helpline and get the local office number and visit them. You can definitely ask for signature of delivery and get your money back, am sure.
Got my phone at last, had to visit their dispatch center. Packet was there. Story they gave me that it was delivered to some other building and they got it back in the morning. What a load of bollocks.. I think what you said is right, its the SLA thing only. Really unethical. I hope these guys mend their ways otherwise likes of Amazon with their awesome service will eat their business alive.I am yet to check the phone. Hope when i reach and open it there are no surprises.

One question, do i need to register the phone online or somewhere to activate the warranty or something? My first iphone in INDIA so I am not aware of the practices.

-Ijeet
Old 28th December 2015, 15:57   #8463
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ijeet View Post
One question, do i need to register the phone online or somewhere to activate the warranty or something? My first iphone in INDIA so I am not aware of the practices.
I just found this link which says not needed.
https://support.apple.com/en-in/HT202741
I have a US iPhone 6+ and I also have apple care. When I enter my serial number, it says my phone has been replaced and I need to get in touch with them! When you insert your SIM, Apple will activate your phone, I suppose they use that to track the warranty...
Old 30th December 2015, 14:18   #8464
PPS
Senior - BHPian

A local shop near my office is offering iPhone 6 16gb for 41k & iPhone 6s 16gb for 49k. I'm not too comfortable buying online, i do not know how much it costs in Croma or some other big retail chain.

I have been using my Samsung S3 for the past almost 3yrs, wanted to try out the iPhone to know what all the fuss was about. My primary usage would be for making calls,whatsapp,email, checking instagram & twitter.
My Samsung S3 16gb after almost 3yrs of usage still has about 4.6gb of memory left so i don't think a 64gb phone makes sense to me as i don't store songs/videos, wish there was a 32gb model available though!

Number 1 reason i am looking at the iPhone is that i have heard it has a 'built to last' feel about it, especially the hardware & software part. From some of the posts i have read on this thread, there is no lag at all after using the iPhone for 2-3yrs. And i have heard its got a very good camera so that is another reason i'm looking to upgrade to an iPhone.
I am willing to wait upto March for this purchase as i am in no hurry to buy. I am waiting for the price of the iPhone 6 to fall below the 40k mark, not sure if it will happen so soon as i gather there recently was a price cut!
Also, what is the difference between the iPhone 6 and 6s ? What do i lose out?
Old 30th December 2015, 14:34   #8465
BHPian

So here is the recent price check. I called the mentioned outlets and got a verbal quote for the 64 gb variants
Croma:
iPhone 6: 57k
iPhone 6s: 67k

Apple Store:
iPhone 6: 55.9k
iPhone 6s: 65.9 k
Apple Store also has a buyback for 4s up till Rs 10k

Amazon:
iPhone 6: 47k
iPhone 6s: 60k
Old 1st January 2016, 09:46   #8466
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PPS View Post
I am waiting for the price of the iPhone 6 to fall below the 40k mark, not sure if it will happen so soon as i gather there recently was a price cut!
I have apple products. They are really good.
I used iPhone 4,5 and now using 6S. I also bought Iphone 6 for my wife.
I have only one major problem, Pics are great in any condition but video in low is terrible.
when you switch from pic to video in low light or in night functions with fantastic light, it almost goes dark.
lots of people are complaining about this issue on net and apple official discussion forum.
this is one hell of issue and embarrassment when a moto G can take better video in the same light condition.

here is the link:
https://discussions.apple.com/thread...art=0&tstart=0
Old 3rd January 2016, 00:59   #8467
BHPian

Hi Guys, I just purchased 6s 64 GB today from Apple Store for 63K . Also purchased the insurance policy they were selling (New India Assurance). Actually bought 2 iphones, one for me and other for my friend. So the store guy reduced the price form 64K to 63K and also the insurance policy from 3.9K to 3k. He also gave a screenguard and a transparent rubber cover for free . Overall a good deal I guess. I am upgrading from a 3 year old Samsung S3 (bought exactly on same day 3 years ago ) . I was bored with the resource hogging touchwiz interface of Samsung.
I have been tinkering with the 6s for some hours and loving it so far . Can someone tell me, what is the actual use of this 3D touch(apart from looking cool) ?
Old 3rd January 2016, 08:33   #8468
BHPian

One if the cool usages of 3D Touch is Peek and Pop. Without opening an email, you can have bird's eye view of its content. Select one of the shortcuts of an application without first opening it. Saves time, you know!
Old 3rd January 2016, 08:51   #8469
Senior - BHPian

So, is the "select" through a hard press of any application? I own an iPhone 6, the older one, so I don't have this new feature. Sounds cool though.
Old 3rd January 2016, 21:35   #8470
BHPian

Guys, I am facing a strange issue . I want to import all of my original audio CDs( in apple lossless format) in my new 6s. I did it one time for 1 CD and made a play list for that album, and dragged and dropped it in iphone. It worked. I am able to see the songs on my phone.
Now I did the same thing for second audio CD(say album 2). I even dragged and dropped the new (album 2) playlist in iPhone . It shows that play list in iTunes on PC, but when I click on phone in itunes, the songs in that playlist are greyed out, and did not get copied on iphone(not even the album 2 playlist).
This is quite frustrating as I have to import my full collection of original audio CDs in my Iphone(around 15-20 cds)
Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks..
Old 3rd January 2016, 23:01   #8471
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brigadier View Post
I even dragged and dropped the new (album 2) playlist in iPhone
Did your iPhone sync complete? Are you having other songs in flac or MP3 format on your laptop that has a similar issue or is it only with the ones from the cd? Did you try creating or extracting the flac to your hard drive and then sync that with your phone?
Old 3rd January 2016, 23:14   #8472
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by diyguy View Post
Did your iPhone sync complete? Are you having other songs in flac or MP3 format on your laptop that has a similar issue or is it only with the ones from the cd? Did you try creating or extracting the flac to your hard drive and then sync that with your phone?
I am not able to add new MP3 songs by creating a new playlist(example : Playlist_number_3) .The songs imported in itunes from CDs are ALAC ,not FLAC.

This is how I am doing(might be wrong, just got the 6S yesterday)
1>Add songs in itunes(File -->Add folder to library)
2> The songs get added and are also playable
3>I create a new playlist in iTunes, and add songs from the Step 1 (above) in playlist .The playlist is created in itunes and I am able to play songs from the playlist.
4> I drag and drop that playlist in my iPhone .This playlist is copied in the iPhone section.
5> When I click on this playlist in iphone section(in itunes), all the songs in it are greyed out.

Please assist
Old 4th January 2016, 07:18   #8473
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brigadier View Post
I am not able to add new MP3 songs by creating a new playlist(example : Playlist_number_3).
Please check this link and check step 4 in that page.
http://m.wikihow.com/Add-Music-to-iPhone
Old 4th January 2016, 09:33   #8474
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by PPS View Post
For the price difference, the 6S makes better sense. Has better camera and have heard it is better built, plus has lots of features, I too would have to Google or some of our BHPians who are verse with Apple will point out. There is 3D touch thing as well.

Here is my question, I too got myself an iPhone 5S, got the 5, only because of the brilliant size & its design over the 6. The in-built e-mail feature of the iPhone shows all e-mails, be it notifications or spam, whereas in G-Mail, only primary mails are shown. Any work-around?
Old 4th January 2016, 09:40   #8475
BHPian

I bought an iPhone 6 64 GB from Amazon on Saturday. Price - 47k
I checked the warranty on the Apple site using my serial number and it says - Device is under warranty till 1st Jan'17
My question here is
1.I am looking for insurance for the device for damage, theft. Any suggestions?
2.Should I be looking for Apple Care? Or stick with Insurance.
3. If insurance then how do I go about buying it?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks