Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th March 2017, 15:28   #9961
Oxy
BHPian

Re: The iPhone Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by sairamboko View Post
Yeah it's the same guy. Having the android and going to use it as a jio hotspot for now. iPhone 7 was sold because I was not able to justify the price but iPhone se at this price was a steal. I am nuts!! Lol 😂

P.S : you have a good memory
I almost took the plunge too but somehow resisted because my Redmi Note 3 is not even a year old and I was not sure of the transition to a 4 inch screen after getting used to the 5.5 incher of the Redmi
Old 20th March 2017, 16:36   #9962
BHPian

Ha ha ! Thank you oxy! I got my iPhone today . I verified in apple website and its a genuine and new device. I transitioned from a 5.5 device. I have my Moto g4 plus as a backup and also as a hotspot device. The iPhone is actually tiny and compact to use compared to a 5.5 device.
Old 20th March 2017, 19:54   #9963
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sairamboko View Post
Yeah it's the same guy. Having the android and going to use it as a jio hotspot for now. iPhone 7 was sold because I was not able to justify the price but iPhone se at this price was a steal. I am nuts!! Lol 😂

P.S : you have a good memory

LOL! Those moves do make sense. that's a great price for SE - a reasonable offer that you cannot refuse
Old 21st March 2017, 19:30   #9964
Senior - BHPian

New iPhone SE being launched on Fri. Memory doubled to 32 & 128Gb. No other changes as per announcement.
Old 21st March 2017, 19:45   #9965
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildsdi5530 View Post
New iPhone SE being launched on Fri. Memory doubled to 32 & 128Gb. No other changes as per announcement.
Iphone 7 Special Edition announced - Red colour iphone 7 & 7 plus

http://www.apple.com/pr/library/2017...l-Edition.html
Old 22nd March 2017, 01:08   #9966
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildsdi5530 View Post
So this is why the 16GB and the 64GB are going cheap. They will launch the 32GB and 64GB and then the 16/64 will not be worth it so they need to finish stock.

Also am sure that the new storage options will go back to the higher 39K price for 32GB and 49K for 128GB. Ofcourse then there will be the usual discount of 10K. So expect 29K for 32GB and 39K for 128GB.

So conclusion is grab the 64GB quickly at 27K while you can. Possibly the betx iphone deal you can buy right now.
Old 22nd March 2017, 02:06   #9967
BANNED

32Gb SE will cost 27.2K in india when it launches next month.

Not sure about the 128gb, but i guess about 35k
Old 22nd March 2017, 06:47   #9968
Senior - BHPian

Is there any chance of the 6s price being dropped?
Right now the best value seems to be for the iPhone SE 64 GB if available around 26000 (on Paytm).
Old 22nd March 2017, 09:37   #9969
Distinguished - BHPian

OK guys, I finally found a utility that does the Android to iPhone (and vice versa) WhatsApp transfer. Found it imported all my chats and media. Works perfectly. The only drawback is the process is a bit convoluted but then it gets the job done. It also backs up your WA chat to your PC/Mac and can restore the backup to either Android or iPhone.

http://backuptrans.com/android-whats...-transfer.html

Drawback: It's a paid/licensed software @ $20 for the personal edition and $30 for the family edition.
Old 26th March 2017, 20:32   #9970
ZMG
BHPian

Hi,
I need some advice.

I have a iPhone 5s, which is covered under warranty till June this year.
The home button of my phone seems to be not clicking so well, or so I feel.

Now I have an option to give it for diagnostics at genuine apple service center, and was informed they will look at it and let me know if there is a problem.

I am worried that, if they open the phone, will they be able to put it back in place as good as the original?

Any one has had such a experience please let me know if it is a good idea to give it for repairs, or just live with it.

Thanks,
Mohit
Old 26th March 2017, 20:43   #9971
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZMG View Post
Hi,
I need some advice.

Now I have an option to give it for diagnostics at genuine apple service center, and was informed they will look at it and let me know if there is a problem.

I am worried that, if they open the phone, will they be able to put it back in place as good as the original?

Any one has had such a experience please let me know if it is a good idea to give it for repairs, or just live with it.

Thanks,
Mohit

If you have given it to Apple itself and if they are authorised they'd put it back perfect. Maybe they'd replace the phone as well have friends who have got theirs replaced. However, watch out for other signs. I got my iPhone 5s checked at a local shop and later my camera and flash stopped working. It got short circuited that's what I've read online.
Old 26th March 2017, 23:39   #9972
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZMG View Post
Hi,
I need some advice.

Thanks,
Mohit

Try to re-calibrate your home button's sensitivity. Press the power button until the "slide to switch off" screen appears. Once it does, immediately release the power switch and, press and hold the home button - until the home screen comes back on.

This helped me extend the usable life of my 4 for another year. I must've re-calibrated it 3-4 times in that year.
Old 26th March 2017, 23:48   #9973
BHPian

The iPhone Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by carrerastrax View Post
Try to re-calibrate your home button's sensitivity. Press the power button until the "slide to switch off" screen appears. Once it does, immediately release the power switch and, press and hold the home button - until the home screen comes back on.

This helped me extend the usable life of my 4 for another year. I must've re-calibrated it 3-4 times in that year.

As far as I know, that my friend is just clearing out your RAM usage. If you notice all your applications will shut with that. Basically it's not a recalibration but clearing memory. Your phone may have been laggy with no fault of the button.

P.S: Button modules were different until the iPhone 5. With the iPhone 5s they came up with a new button that wouldn't give the typical button not working problem we faced earlier also including the Touch ID. Saying this since I had an iPhone 4 and the button was dead. The 5s button holds up even after 4 years of a lot of usage. The iPhone 7 now just doesn't have one to be bothered about.

Last edited by GranvilleDsouza : 26th March 2017 at 23:49.
Old 27th March 2017, 01:58   #9974
BHPian

Well so my 7 plus' haptic feedback engine and vibration motor died on me today. Doesn't seem to be working no matter what I try to do. Other than that everything works perfectly. Will take it to the service centre tomorrow. Annoyed 😒
Old 27th March 2017, 11:08   #9975
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GranvilleDsouza View Post
As far as I know, that my friend is just clearing out your RAM usage. If you notice all your applications will shut with that. Basically it's not a recalibration but clearing memory. Your phone may have been laggy with no fault of the button.

P.S: Button modules were different until the iPhone 5. With the iPhone 5s they came up with a new button that wouldn't give the typical button not working problem we faced earlier also including the Touch ID. Saying this since I had an iPhone 4 and the button was dead. The 5s button holds up even after 4 years of a lot of usage. The iPhone 7 now just doesn't have one to be bothered about.

Oh. You're so right. Searching for "home button recalibration" and "flushing RAM on iPhone" gives almost similar steps. The only difference in the articles provided on the internet is that for home button they now ask you perform the same sequence after launching the weather app. I'm thinking they're the same.

Maybe it was placebo, but I sure felt the responsiveness better after I did these steps. I could go with my regular use for 2-3 months before I felt it was unresponsive again. Anyways, I was happy to use my 4 for 4.5 years. Excellent ROI.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks