Old 23rd February 2017, 15:15   #9826
Team-BHP Support

Re: The iPhone Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by libranof1987 View Post
I've come across a problem: while charging my 6 yesterday,
====
Problem with the charger, or phone?
Is it the original charger and cable, i have had on and off issue with substandard cables. So as much as possible stick to apple certified charger and cables at the least.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vb-san View Post
Thank you, I just checked and its already disabled. Any other settings to check?
I think this is not "hand off" that would work only when both devices are on same wifi. This is because you have same facetime email id configured to both devices hence it would ring on both devices, but once you attend to the call on either of the devices other one will automatically hang off the call.

Solution is to sign off the laptop.
Old 23rd February 2017, 15:42   #9827
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
I think this is not "hand off" that would work only when both devices are on same wifi. This is because you have same facetime email id configured to both devices hence it would ring on both devices, but once you attend to the call on either of the devices other one will automatically hang off the call.

Solution is to sign off the laptop.
Thank you! Both the devices are on the same Apple ID. I will try to sign-off from Facetime on the laptop.
Old 23rd February 2017, 16:07   #9828
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
Is it the original charger and cable, i have had on and off issue with substandard cables. So as much as possible stick to apple certified charger and cables at the least.
Yep, original charger and cable. It was all fine for two years, something happened last evening.

I tried a different socket too, in case the first one was putting through an unusual charge.

Apple forum discussions say it could be the charger or the case

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/5626975?tstart=0
Old 23rd February 2017, 18:17   #9829
Team-BHP Support

Quote:

Yes it can be the cable if it has worn out (terminals) or the connectivity of cable damaged. Easiest way to check charger is use a different cable and same charger.

Case yes if it is obstructing the cable seating on the phone. But then it wont start suddenly unless you were trying a new case.
Old 23rd February 2017, 18:26   #9830
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Yep, original charger and cable. It was all fine for two years, something happened last evening.

I tried a different socket too, in case the first one was putting through an unusual charge.

Clean up the charging port of the phone. Should solve the issue.
Old 23rd February 2017, 18:39   #9831
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post
Where are you getting such a buy back price?

Which variant of the 7 are you buying? Is it the 128GB one? If yes, could you please share the pricing?

Im looking to consider a similar upgrade for my 2 year old iPhone 6 64GB too.

Getting the price of 20K at a second hand mobile store in Pune.
If interested I could pm you his number.

Still in two minds to buy the 7 or 7+.
I guess the 7+ has a better battery life.
Will make a decision in a couple of days.
Old 23rd February 2017, 23:55   #9832
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePunter View Post
Well there is this new app Jio4gVoice now launched (15feb) in ios appstore too. :clap. I have been waiting for it. And seems the wait will be a bit more (currently in Mumbai and KA circles only) but will be fruitful for 5S owners like me, because as of now VoLTE works only 6 and above. This app, like its co-bro in android, would enable voice call in 5S too. I downloaded the app, but message displays that currently not supported in my circle.

Update:
Jio in chennai has started working with iphone 5s with jio4gvoice app
There was no new version per se ever since i installed on 20jan. It seems they just enabled it in the network now and huh, it is working for calls sms like a charm since few hours ago.
Old 24th February 2017, 02:33   #9833
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happysmiles View Post

Still in two minds to buy the 7 or 7+.
I guess the 7+ has a better battery life.
Will make a decision in a couple of days.

If you have the moolah for either phone, it is supposed to be a no-brainer to pick up the 7+ (as per reviews). Better battery, display, camera.
Old 25th February 2017, 19:13   #9834
Senior - BHPian

Hi Guys,
I am getting an iPhone (most probably the 7+). I have zero experience with Apple devices or the Apple ecosystem (only ever had an iPod some 10 years back and I was so frustrated with it, that I used it only as a USB drive!!). I've been using an Android ever since the smartphone era. So naturally I have few questions:
1. Is it easy enough to switch to the iPhone for an Android guy?
2. Is there an easy way to transfer contacts. On my android I just sync with my Google account.
3. One of the things I absolutely love about Android is the Google now. It has all the info I like to have in one screen and it's just one swipe away. Is there something similar in Apple world?
4. Do I need that godforsaken iTunes or that's not necessary to have? I remember for the iPod that was a necessity and it was what drove me mad about the iPod.
5. Any good to know things before getting the iPhone?

Maybe it might be better to know if there is any good webpage on how to shift from Android to iOS. If somebody could point that then that also would be nice. Thanks for the help.
Old 25th February 2017, 20:58   #9835
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by joslicx View Post
Hi Guys,
I am getting an iPhone (most probably the 7+).
1 - Personally, I switched to iPhone 6s last year after spending over 5 years with Android and being an Android developer, it was quite an easy transition. As of now, I'm on a 7 Plus and most likely would never be switching back to Android.

2 - You can add your Google account in Settings > Mail and enable contacts sync, all your Google contacts will then be Synced to iPhone.

3 - Never used Google Now so can't comment on this. Although there is Spotlight search via which you can access anything you'd want to, from any particular mail to texts and everything that's on your iPhone.

4 - If you have to Sync your Music/Photos from laptop to iPhone then iTunes is the only way to do so. There's only one way to get around this and that will require jailbreaking.

5 - Nothing really to say here, just get and enjoy your iPhone.
Old 25th February 2017, 21:02   #9836
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
1. Is it easy enough to switch to the iPhone for an Android guy?
Yes, just needs some getting used to.
Quote:
2. Is there an easy way to transfer contacts. On my android I just sync with my Google account.
You could do the same here. I store my contacts that way.
Quote:
3. One of the things I absolutely love about Android is the Google now. It has all the info I like to have in one screen and it's just one swipe away. Is there something similar in Apple world?
I suppose, but am not sure as I keep all unwanted battery/data consuming stuff turned off.

Quote:
4. Do I need that godforsaken iTunes or that's not necessary to have? I remember for the iPod that was a necessity and it was what drove me mad about the iPod.
Not necessary unless you maintain a large music library on the phone. If you just want to transfer pics and the likes, you need not have iTunes at all.

Quote:
5. Any good to know things before getting the iPhone?
You would just love the fluid iOS and the brilliant camera of the 7 Plus that gives amazing portraits. And I guess you would never go back to Android or Windows.
Old 25th February 2017, 21:42   #9837
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I am getting an iPhone (most probably the 7+). I've been using an Android ever since the smartphone era.
Should not be any issue if you are getting 7+.

Do note that if you get other iPhones, battery might not last for full day with heavy usage. And iPhone does not have quick-charge either.

I have 7+ and Moto G4 Plus. Both have almost identical battery backup (14k v/s 72k phone).
Old 27th February 2017, 16:35   #9838
Senior - BHPian

Thanks a lot @everyone. Very comforting to know it shouldnt be a big problem crossing over the iWorld.

If I am not wrong Google apps are there in iOS as well. So do we have Google now as well or is that Android exclusive only? I have lot of things in Google now, for example the sports teams I follow, my stocks, the news and topics I follow etc. These are all just one swipe away so its very convenient. It would be nice if its possible to have it on iphone as well.
Old 27th February 2017, 17:19   #9839
BHPian

Quote:
If I am not wrong Google apps are there in iOS as well. So do we have Google now as well or is that Android exclusive only?
Google Now is available as a standalone app on iphone. You may not have quick access feature but it works the same
Old 27th February 2017, 17:28   #9840
BHPian

Quote:
These are all just one swipe away so its very convenient. It would be nice if its possible to have it on iphone as well.
I understand from my past experience of Android you are talking about getting to Google Now by sliding to right (or left) of the home screen? If that is so, it will not be possible on iOS, however, all your Google Now data will be accessible from within the Google app for iPhone.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks