Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th June 2017, 10:58   #10096
BHPian

Guys how safe is it to buy an iPhone 7 from PayTm? The pricing is really close to the US price and it's very tempting. But what about the warranty? Will Apple service centre honor it? And will I be provided with a bill?
Anybody has any experience?
Old 12th June 2017, 11:01   #10097
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheel View Post
Thanks. I believe they have introduced the jet black in 32, may be because of low demand or something.

I used to keep the 5S w/o any cover or tempered glass, is the 7 built similar? I hate keeping the phone in a cover and that Rs. 500/1000 plastic layer limiting the screen experience to a large extent.

The matte black color has been chipping off, search for iphone matte black chipping.
My 7 plus which has always been in a case also has marks on the back : very light chipping which is visible only when checked for.
My suggestion: get a full body skin like dbrand for the phone if you don't want to use a case.
Old 12th June 2017, 11:10   #10098
Senior - BHPian

Re: The iPhone Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by iss1307 View Post
Guys how safe is it to buy an iPhone 7 from PayTm? The pricing is really close to the US price and it's very tempting. But what about the warranty? Will Apple service centre honor it? And will I be provided with a bill?
Anybody has any experience?
The very first iPhone I bought from PayTm had an issue out of the box (no fault of theirs). After checking with PayTm for an exchange, they recommended I go to Apple and they'll take care of it, which they did. They honored a warranty claim later as well, so no worries on that front. They provide a bill too.

Only thing with them is the longer delivery time for getting the phone, relative to others.
Old 12th June 2017, 11:26   #10099
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iliketurtles View Post
The very first iPhone I bought from PayTm had an issue out of the box (no fault of theirs). After checking with PayTm for an exchange, they recommended I go to Apple and they'll take care of it, which they did. They honored a warranty claim later as well, so no worries on that front. They provide a bill too.

Only thing with them is the longer delivery time for getting the phone, relative to others.
Okay thank you.
I have 2 options actually, one is to get it from US as my relatives are coming and other one to go with PayTm.
I'm still confused.
Old 12th June 2017, 11:38   #10100
BHPian

Quote:
Okay thank you.
I have 2 options actually, one is to get it from US as my relatives are coming and other one to go with PayTm.
I'm still confused.
If the prices are similar, I suggest getting it from PayTM. It's hassle free as Apple India will honor any warranty claim. Also, we are supporting our own country in way of taxes
Old 12th June 2017, 11:39   #10101
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Okay thank you.
I'm still confused.
Try to buy from India itself since apple does not provide international warranty. So if you get it from US than for all warranty claims you would have to send the phone back to US.
Old 12th June 2017, 11:49   #10102
BHPian

Quote:
Okay thank you.
I'm still confused.
My 2 cents here is to purchase a phone from the US- I did it twice during my visits.

The advantages are:

a. You can trade-in your old Apple iPhone (any model) and get US$100 off. They'd take an iTunes gift card worth US $100 and deduct it from the sum of your new iPhone- makes it even cheaper !
b. Apple does offer discounts if you're from one of the organizations they do business with- Mine did, and I got 15% discount. Please check with them when you check-out.

Having been an iPhone owner over the past 8 years, I don't reckon there would be any ' manufacturer issues' with the phone for the 1st year. As a result, the warranty that Apple India phones provide applies only to an insignificant part of the Apple population for 365 days !
Old 12th June 2017, 11:54   #10103
Team-BHP Support

My iPhone 6 runs 10.3.2 and this is the first time I've noticed significant battery life change post an update.

My usage hasn't really changed over the course of iOS updates and I regularly got 18-24 hours; but post 10.3.2, it barely lasts 12 hours!

Not sure if this is iOS related or something to do with apps: WhatsApp background activity seems to take up most of the battery; but that has always been the case.

Anyone with a similar experience?
Old 12th June 2017, 11:55   #10104
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacobvarughese View Post
My 2 cents here is to purchase a phone from the US- I did it twice during my visits.

The advantages are:

a. You can trade-in your old Apple iPhone (any model) and get US$100 off. They'd take an iTunes gift card worth US $100 and deduct it from the sum of your new iPhone- makes it even cheaper !
b. Apple does offer discounts if you're from one of the organizations they do business with- Mine did, and I got 15% discount. Please check with them when you check-out.

Having been an iPhone owner over the past 8 years, I don't reckon there would be any ' manufacturer issues' with the phone for the 1st year. As a result, the warranty that Apple India phones provide applies only to an insignificant part of the Apple population for 365 days !
Thanks Jacob.
I'll talk to my relatives there and ask if there's any discount going on.
As of now i7 128gb is available for 47389 after the cashback which is even lower than US pricing. And something 58k for the i7 plus 128gb. Wonder how PayTm does this.
My first priority is to get it from US. If there's any issue then I'll just buy it from PayTm.
Old 12th June 2017, 12:08   #10105
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

The advantages are:

Hi Jacob.

Do you mean you only get $100 as resale for your old phone. Isn't that a lot less.

However, my mom's iPhone 6 bought from Boston conked off in the very first year and I cursed myself for getting the phone from US. But fortunately the Indian Apple service center honored the warranty and replaced the phone. 🙂

My advice would be to get the phone from India unless there is a huge price difference.

Moreover, warranty is an issue but surprisingly our good old Indian Apple service center did honor warranty of my mom's iPhone 6 purchased from Boston.
Old 12th June 2017, 12:18   #10106
BHPian

Hi Pancham:

Well, I had the iPhone 4S (which to be honest the Home button never worked that seamlessly and I replaced the display screen through some third-market) and I ended up purchasing the iPhone 6S Plus for US$650 which was around 43,000 INR back then. In India, it was north of 75,000 INR for the 32 gigs one.

Apple products are always dead cheaper in America than any other nation on earth, and they've mouth-watering discounts to entice the buyers.
Old 12th June 2017, 13:00   #10107
BHPian

Quote:
As a result, the warranty that Apple India phones provide applies only to an insignificant part of the Apple population for 365 days !
Unfortunately, my mother's iPhone 5S bought from Australia developed network issues within 7-8 months and Apple India didn't honor warranty. It's being used as a dedicated Podcast device at home on WiFi

Meanwhile, my iPhone 6 had severe crescent gate issue two times and Apple India promptly replaced them FOC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by libranof1987 View Post
My iPhone 6 runs 10.3.2 and this is the first time I've noticed significant battery life change post an update.
Anyone with a similar experience?
I had similar issues with my 6S after the update. Used to get 24hrs + with my usage and it reduced to around 10 hrs post update. I waited for around a week and now its back to normal. It's 7 hrs since I unplugged and I have 82% remaining. Wifi / Bluetooth / Mobile data are all enabled and Apple watch is connected via Bluetooth. Only difference being, WhatsApp push notifications are disabled on my device. It's turning out to be number one in distraction owing to the umpteen troll forwards and plethora of groups.
Old 12th June 2017, 13:53   #10108
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hi Pancham:

Well, I had the iPhone 4S (which to be honest the Home button never worked that seamlessly and I replaced the display screen through some third-market) and I ended up purchasing the iPhone 6S Plus for US$650 which was around 43,000 INR back then. In India, it was north of 75,000 INR for the 32 gigs one.

Apple products are always dead cheaper in America than any other nation on earth, and they've mouth-watering discounts to entice the buyers.

But of late things have changed you know. Somehow flipkart, amazon and Paytm have managed to come up with discounts that bring the prices in India almost at par with US.
Old 12th June 2017, 18:21   #10109
BHPian

Hey Fellas,

I am one of those guys who listened to his heart rather than brain and went with Iphone 7 Plus Jet Black. Now after sometime when senses kick in I realized that I really need to baby it, well, atleast for sometime.

Can anyone here let me know a good iphone case. I was looking at spigen but I am not sure of the quality as I have never used them or any case on an iphone for that matter.

Has anyone used dbrand skin. I was looking at youtube videos and found positive comments and these guys also deliver to india so thats a good thing.

Thanks
drive_angry
Old 12th June 2017, 19:13   #10110
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drive_angry View Post
Hey Fellas,

I am one of those guys who listened to his heart rather than brain and went with Iphone 7 Plus Jet Black. Now after sometime when senses kick in I realized that I really need to baby it, well, atleast for sometime.

Can anyone here let me know a good iphone case. I was looking at spigen but I am not sure of the quality as I have never used them or any case on an iphone for that matter.

Has anyone used dbrand skin. I was looking at Youtube videos and found positive comments and these guys also deliver to india so thats a good thing.

Thanks

drive_angry

Spigen is good. Try Incipio, I'm using their Dual Pro for the 6s with a tempered glass screen protector from Nilkin, couldn't be happier.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks